Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Food & Dining

Notices

Old 03-24-2007, 08:48 AM   #1
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 237 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
What kind of food at Village? Is it downtown?
Old 03-24-2007, 10:01 AM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
They serve surf and turf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
What kind of food at Village? Is it downtown?
Great steaks, lobster, shrimp and lamb too. It cost about 50 - 60.00 a head and maybe more with adult beverage. I have been there many times and the dress code is in the upper end and service is great. Ask for Phillip he is one of the best. There is Joey, Brian many others. It is about a two hour meal and much fun and no kids. Oh it is located near I-20 and Stoner by the old Doctors Hospital.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 06:31 PM   #3
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 259 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
The Village is next to Monjunis. Louisiana @ Stoner. I love the food but am genuinely surprised that it's still in business after the Steakhouse opened.

Bella Fresca is the best food in Shreveport. It's on Line Ave next to the old Fertita's (now called something like "The Bistro 6301") just North of Superior bar & Grill (which is just north of Superior's Steakhouse)
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:13 PM   #4
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
The Village is next to Monjunis. Louisiana @ Stoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
The Village is next to Monjunis. Louisiana @ Stoner. I love the food but am genuinely surprised that it's still in business after the Steakhouse opened.

Bella Fresca is the best food in Shreveport. It's on Line Ave next to the old Fertita's (now called something like "The Bistro 6301") just North of Superior bar & Grill (which is just north of Superior's Steakhouse)
I agree with the fact that the Steak House hurt them but they have seen many of the locals come back and like any other place they have their regulars and it is small. I am friends with the guys that own it and they say it has picked back up and running well. I do like the Steak house too.
Isaac
Old 03-24-2007, 10:33 PM   #5
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 237 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Great steaks, lobster, shrimp and lamb too. It cost about 50 - 60.00 a head and maybe more with adult beverage. I have been there many times and the dress code is in the upper end and service is great. Ask for Phillip he is one of the best. There is Joey, Brian many others. It is about a two hour meal and much fun and no kids. Oh it is located near I-20 and Stoner by the old Doctors Hospital.
Isaac
I would love to try it, but I have a son in a wheelchair that goes everywhere we go. Is Village accessible?
Old 03-25-2007, 05:45 AM   #6
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

I would think that all public businesses would be accesible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
I would love to try it, but I have a son in a wheelchair that goes everywhere we go. Is Village accessible?
It is all on one floor and yes I would think it is wheelchair accessible. I think you would need to call for reservations and you might ask Phillip. Great food and lots of good memories.
Isaac