Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Food & Dining

Notices

Old 05-03-2007, 02:19 PM   #16
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Okey- Dokey
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:47 PM   #17
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
okry

Isaac, Do you have any okry? If so let's see a picture. Mine's about 2". After this rain it will take off.
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:24 PM   #18
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpahurl
Isaac, Do you have any okry? If so let's see a picture. Mine's about 2". After this rain it will take off.
I gots the okrie but like yours about 2" tall but I got the weeds out two days ago and blue juice too and now rain so stand by and I will have photos in about a week. Got test your oakrie.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:13 PM   #19
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
oakry

I threw a pot of boiled okra out for the dogs the other night, and sweetkin, my female took it down so fast and smooth, she thought the other dog got it and laid into him.
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:17 PM   #20
geodood
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 geodood has a spectacular aura about geodood has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
These girls already have green tomato's do not get caught crossing my fence to try to fry those babies they must be red to eat
Lookin' Good!! Lots of yellow flowers.... I agree, fried green tomatos are for impatient people!
geodood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:25 PM   #21
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Hey, we have talked about tomatoes, peas and okrie but what about a good mess of butter beans and a hot pon of cornbread. Soak some cucumbers in vinager with a little salt, pepper and onions or a jar of homemade bread and butter pickles. Sometimes we have pickled squash that is good with the peas or beans.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:31 PM   #22
geodood
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 geodood has a spectacular aura about geodood has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
This was the first square foot garden done by Sargon in Ancient Babylon !
Wow, I'm a square foot gardener! I was a Mel Bartholomew fan wayyyy back in the old days... (but not that old)
Old 05-03-2007, 08:35 PM   #23
geodood
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaker720
Hey, we have talked about tomatoes, peas and okrie but what about a good mess of butter beans and a hot pon of cornbread. Soak some cucumbers in vinager with a little salt, pepper and onions or a jar of homemade bread and butter pickles. Sometimes we have pickled squash that is good with the peas or beans.
Madaam, you are truly speaking Louisiana... Please don't forget pickled green tomato relish. I wish I could go back in time with a camcorder and video my grandmother cooking hot water cornbread or making yeast rolls. Not to mention fried apple pies and green tomato relish. Did I mention green tomato relish??
Old 05-03-2007, 08:57 PM   #24
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Yes, Lest us not to forget a good jar of chowchow or some pickled okrie. I believe in pickling everything I can. Homade jams and jellies to pickles. My son grew up on homemade kosher dill pickles. Hewould eat 5 to 6 cases a winter. My grandson now loves homemade pumkin pie. I fix 27 pies in the freezer in October but he had ate by Christmas. My son and I love bananna pudding. Uhmmm.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:01 PM   #25
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Umm Banana puddin sounds good right now!!! I love me some homemade ice cream during the summer. Mr. Belle's is the best.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:09 PM   #26
geodood
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Umm Banana puddin sounds good right now!!! I love me some homemade ice cream during the summer. Mr. Belle's is the best.
Homemade peach ice cream.. wow, that brings back some memories of rock salt and benting spoons on the leftovers in the freezer.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:11 PM   #27
geodood
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yes, Lest us not to forget a good jar of chowchow or some pickled okrie. I believe in pickling everything I can. Homade jams and jellies to pickles. My son grew up on homemade kosher dill pickles. Hewould eat 5 to 6 cases a winter. My grandson now loves homemade pumkin pie. I fix 27 pies in the freezer in October but he had ate by Christmas. My son and I love bananna pudding. Uhmmm.
Banana pudding with nilla vanilla wafers.... Oh man.....

from Na-Bis-Co! Yeah!
Old 05-03-2007, 09:18 PM   #28
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
what about a good mess of butter beans and a hot pon of cornbread.
If you want me to eat cornbread, wrap it around a hotdog and put a stick through it.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:33 PM   #29
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

let's really show our age: glass of cornbread and buttermilk as a snack
Old 05-03-2007, 09:36 PM   #30
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
let's really show our age: glass of cornbread and buttermilk as a snack
nasty