Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-19-2007, 09:03 AM   #1
Leadbelly

Rep Power: 0 Leadbelly will become famous soon enough Leadbelly will become famous soon enough
Isaac Newton calculated apocalypse

2060 Baby

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/science....ap/index.html

Leadbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:49 AM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Now that was a very nice read and I like his name too

"He believed there was wisdom in the world that got lost. He thought it was coded, and that by studying things like the dimensions of the temple, he could decode it,"

In one manuscript from the early 1700s, Newton used the cryptic Book of Daniel to calculate the date for the apocalypse, reaching the conclusion that the world would end no earlier than 2060.

"It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner," Newton wrote. However, he added, "This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fanciful men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, and by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail."

He was really on track in many ways. There was a earth age before this one and this "wisdom" or knowledge that was lost was returned with Adam. It was at time and a time it was when the sons and daughters of God all sang together and were happy. Then the fall I do think Sir Isaac missed one clue that he would not have had at the time he lived. It will be in this generation and the marker was dropped in 1948 and no man not even the Son knows the hour. Great post I enjoyed that.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:39 AM   #3
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I sent this link to a very close friend of mine who is working on his PHD at Vanderbilt and this is his reply. He received his masters from Cambridge.

yeah, that's a very cool article. while at Cambridge, I had the
opportunity to speak with several scholars who were doing research
into this exact topic. The intro to Newton's Principia Mathematica
(his most significant scientific work) is full of references to God
and the world that was. Fascinating indeed.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:48 AM   #4
Leadbelly

Rep Power: 0 Leadbelly will become famous soon enough Leadbelly will become famous soon enough
So let's all party like it's 2059!

Leadbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:50 AM   #5
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Isaac-Saxxon calculated apocalypse

The END IS NEAR
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:00 PM   #6
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbelly
So let's all party like it's 2059!

Indeed we should
Old 06-19-2007, 12:04 PM   #7
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
Isaac-Saxxon calculated apocalypse

The END IS NEAR
I did not give a day or year Sir Latenight!!! But as a thief in the night it shall come It may even happen some late night I guess when the board is slow bring some religious or political stuff up to get the avatars awake and posting I think it is vacation time and time for a break.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:02 PM   #8
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Sir Isaac Newton had it going on with the Great Pyramid of Giza

Last edited by Isaac-Saxxon; 07-01-2007 at 07:46 AM.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:21 PM   #9
howela
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 220 howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold
Boudreaux stand ner' de road and yell at de passen cars, "THE END IS NEAR!"
Most cars someone would yell back, " Shut up you crazy religious fanatic"; followed by a loud splash.

Thibadeaux say,"Boudreaux, I tol' you don say THE END IS NEAR, You say "Slow down, the bridge is out!"
howela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 07:48 AM   #10
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by howela
Boudreaux stand ner' de road and yell at de passen cars, "THE END IS NEAR!"
Most cars someone would yell back, " Shut up you crazy religious fanatic"; followed by a loud splash.

Thibadeaux say,"Boudreaux, I tol' you don say THE END IS NEAR, You say "Slow down, the bridge is out!"
You have to wonder if Boudreaux went to school at A & M