Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Entertainment

Notices

Old 09-28-2007, 07:44 PM   #16
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
Bruce Springsteen has already made his political feelings clear in the last couple of years. Remember his Ted Koppel interview? The series of concerts — Vote for Change — he did to support John Kerry?

On his new album, "Magic," Springsteen jumps right into the fray again. In a dramatic new REM-ish anthem called "Last to Die," he sings: "Who'll be the last to die for a mistake/The last to die for a mistake/Whose blood will spill, whose heart will break/Who'll be the last to die for a mistake."

The mistake is clearly the Iraq war. "We don't measure the blood we've drawn anymore," he sings. "We just stack the bodies outside the door."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,298230,00.html
Attachment 1516
Da Bruce is back at his SOS again. I think he is from a blue state maybe a upper east coast and down by the river. Hey LN is he from your "Home Town" ?
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:53 PM   #17
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitlin View Post
No I dident foget. The extension chord from where I get my electric gets hot sometimes. I dont no if this has something to do with it or not.
I'm sure your next door neighbor is delighted to hear that! Best bring him some fresh fried Chitlins to keep him happy! Maybe some homemade blackberry wine would hep too.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:04 PM   #18
chitlin

Rep Power: 0 chitlin is a name known to all chitlin is a name known to all chitlin is a name known to all chitlin is a name known to all chitlin is a name known to all chitlin is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
I'm sure your next door neighbor is delighted to hear that! Best bring him some fresh fried Chitlins to keep him happy! Maybe some homemade blackberry wine would hep too.
Are you and Latenite pokin fun, cause I went to Jena, maybe we need some of that up here. I dont have any foldin money or big company connections for the reverends but I got memories and lots of famly thats down for the struggle.
chitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:28 PM   #19
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Are you and Latenite pokin fun, cause I went to Jena, maybe we need some of that up here. I dont have any foldin money or big company connections for the reverends but I got memories and lots of famly thats down for the struggle.
Pokin' fun?? Who me? :ducking:

BTW, anyone remember the Reverend Rufus Henry Jones with the Church of What's Happening Now? (Richard Pryor)
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:11 PM   #20
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
It's all about Bush and Halliburton and big oil. Now milks gone up to almost $5 a gallon and I ca't get my kitchen light to come on, and a big ole coon got under my house and is stirring up a racket trying to eat my cats. So Bruce can kiss my A$$.
Chitlin, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? Do you live in Red River Parish, maybe on Henry Barbque Road?
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 06:43 PM   #21
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Chitlin done been ate up by a coon. Chitlin done gone MIA! Maybe he is at a Bruce Springsteen manifesto meeting.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:35 PM   #22
chitlin

Rep Power: 0 chitlin is a name known to all chitlin is a name known to all chitlin is a name known to all chitlin is a name known to all chitlin is a name known to all chitlin is a name known to all
Chitlin aint been ate by nothin but the Spirit. I know what I know and I know it!
chitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:41 PM   #23
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Da Bruce the liberal joke from the blue east coast

and his ugly sister Jane too.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:43 PM   #24
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Didn't Bruce cheat on his wife with his back up singer? Yep, sounds like a liberal to me.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:46 PM   #25
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
It certainly puts a damper on a concert when the musicians ramble on about politics and their views. I'm usually there to unwind and not there for a political rally. Just shut up and sing!!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:12 AM   #26
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Far as adultery/infidelity bein synonymous with liberals and the left, lets just have a look at the members of the so-called "Moral Majority" or the White Christian Evangelical Right..yeah, we all know who they are, rightwingers to a man, and just about the sickest lot of deviants and pervs as you're ever likely to see outside of the Catholic Church! I've got no use for liberals either, but lets not pretend the left has a monopoly on immorality.

But I agree with Pokie, we attend the shows to hear em sing, watch em act, whatever...not hear about their politics! Celebs know all too well that when they use the stage as a soapbox, they run the risk of alienatin some of their fans. Not to say that celebs dont have a right to express their opinions like the rest of us, just that they should maybe give us some kind of "heads-up" that they plan to wax political before we purchase tickets or tune in to their performances so that those of us who're turned off by that kind of thing can make a more informed decision as to attendance. Personally, I can disagree with someone's political views and still appreciate their art/craft/talent. Havin said that, it'd be fine with me if they kept their political opinions to themselves.

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 10-02-2007 at 03:45 AM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 05:38 AM   #27
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

We really hold rapers to the fire over their lyrics and gangster rap. Music has always been a way to speak out. Makes it much easier to remember and Bruce is no different as Neil Young who is right at the top when it comes to be political in his music. With that said I do like some of Neils music as there are a few songs that Bruce does that I like. The songs with their left wing chant mixed in I do not like at all. Funny how the left chants free speech but are first ones to tell you sit down and shut up. I agree with Al that the Far Right does more than their share of the adultery and worse armchair judgment of others. We all have flaws and that makes us human. Thank you ladies and Al for your post.
Isaac
Old 10-02-2007, 07:37 AM   #28
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Please make no mistake about it..I understand very clearly that adultery is all over the place with liberals and conservatives alike. I was just making a point mostly about Springsteen's character.

I agree with Al, Pokie, and Isaac that celebs are taking far too much liberty with their celeb status especially at concerts to hold fans hostage with their rants, etc on their views. I refuse to attend or give money to a musician who does this. I just won't do it.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:41 AM   #29
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle View Post
Didn't Bruce cheat on his wife with his back up singer? Yep, sounds like a liberal to me.
Yes he most certainly did cheat and not on the sly. They were touring together and he and Patty Scialfa (now his wife) were seen rendezvousing all over the place.
I remember the photos and stories because I was very disheartend that Bruce would do this so publically. Oh well that said cheaters are all over both political parties...I'm still disappointed (but not surprised) at David Vitter.

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:43 AM   #30
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Yes Vitter is a disappointment. He has somewhat owned up to his inappropriate behavior and did not lie about it. I do give him a nod for that.