Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-07-2007, 04:38 PM   #1
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
raped by your husband?

I'm in my doctor's office and the tv is tuned to Oprah. There are a bunch of woman on here who were "raped" by their husbands. Granted there are some extreme stories here, but O is pushing that having sex with your husband when u don't feel like it is rape. I'm sure that mrs. Morph has done her "wifely duties" on occasion when she wasn't 100 per cent on board so to speak, but i don't think either of us would claim that i raped her. I guess according to Oprah i did. I can't imagine the repercussions of this for the average family with a wife that watches Oprah.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:49 PM   #2
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
I believe we used to have a state law here that said you couldn't rape your wife, i.e. even if you held her down and forcefully penetrated her it wasn't rape because she was your wife.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:50 PM   #3
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Things like "it's rape if you don't feel like it" are part of the reasons the "1 in 4 women will be raped" statistic gets thrown around all the time. Nobody is allowed to question that, either, even though it's obviously untrue.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:58 PM   #4
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
I'm in my doctor's office and the tv is tuned to Oprah. There are a bunch of woman on here who were "raped" by their husbands. Granted there are some extreme stories here, but O is pushing that having sex with your husband when u don't feel like it is rape. I'm sure that mrs. Morph has done her "wifely duties" on occasion when she wasn't 100 per cent on board so to speak, but i don't think either of us would claim that i raped her. I guess according to Oprah i did. I can't imagine the repercussions of this for the average family with a wife that watches Oprah.
I understand that if you have sex with a person who exhibits a measure of resistance, particularly by saying "no," then you have raped that person. They don't have to physically resist. They only have to say "no" or something that amounts to that. I assume marriage is no exception.

Consenting to sex when you don't feel like it is not the same as being forced when you don't want to.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:55 PM   #5
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Then the question of force vs coercion comes into play. But what trips me out is men who claim theyve been raped by women...just seems to me that men who make that claim are sayin they've been betrayed by their own bodies...and even if we accept that as a possibility, theres still the issue of how he was forced to penetrate.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:03 PM   #6
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit View Post
Consenting to sex when you don't feel like it is not the same as being forced when you don't want to.
It's not a huge leap to imagine an Oprah watcher, feeling empowered fresh from watching the big O, deciding mid coitus that, hey she doesn't want to be doing this and that she is, in fact, being raped.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:07 PM   #7
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
Then the question of force vs coercion comes into play. But what trips me out is men who claim theyve been raped by women...just seems to me that men who make that claim are sayin they've been betrayed by their own bodies...and even if we accept that as a possibility, theres still the issue of how he was forced to penetrate.
I hear you Al! It's just not possible physically. Ask any man whose had a tad to much to drink (not me of course). Only possible scenario where this could be claimed is if you woke up with a double bagger next to you and no recollection of the previous nights events. I can see how you might plead that you had been "date raped".
Old 11-07-2007, 09:10 PM   #8
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
It's not a huge leap to imagine an Oprah watcher, feeling empowered fresh from watching the big O, deciding mid coitus that, hey she doesn't want to be doing this and that she is, in fact, being raped.
Just quit watching Oprah and don't go to one of her African schools and you are safe.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:12 PM   #9
Morpheus
Advanced Member

I must add that I'm very fortunate in that I have a wife who's never refused me. I also think that she would never admit that she wasn't always 100% down with the gameplan. I wasn't so fortunate with my first wife. I once went more than 9 months without-my longest dry spell since puberty. I can imagine her claiming that I forced myself upon her with enough Salem witch hysteria in her corner.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:27 PM   #10
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Morph, wish I could say the same about bein "refused". My first wife used sex as leverage to get whatever she wanted (that started after we got married). My second wife had some serious sex issues. Both of them claimed to have been sexually assaulted/molested in their youth, and curiously, both are probably borderline personalities. One thing I noticed from my time on the datin scene followin the second divorce was just how many women I'd met who claimed to have been raped or molested...and I didnt walk, I ran like hell whenever I came across one of those! I was beginnin to think there wasnt a single woman in Shreveport/Bossier who hadnt been victimized at some time in her life, but was bound and determined to find one, and eventually did. So, a word to the wise...if ya want a healthy marriage/relationship, think twice before gettin seriously involved with any woman who tells ya she's been raped or molested, or by God you'll be sorry.

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 11-08-2007 at 04:14 AM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:34 AM   #11
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
I think that no means no wife or not. It's always best when both parties are in the mood. When one isn't (usually the wife) it's not so good anyway. I'm guessing the women on Oprah (didn't see it) probably felt more emotionally raped by their husbands than the actual physical act.

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:41 AM   #12
guitarman
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 213 guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold
The mood Needs to be a flag at the door to let everybody concerned know what the "MOOD" is. Sometimes my pocketbook gets in a bad mood too No honey no money !

Got to love this one ! Where is Tbelle this song is for you
guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:45 AM   #13
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I must add that I'm very fortunate in that I have a wife who's never refused me.
You must be a newlywed then!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:49 PM   #14
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Yes Pokie I am! Three years this October. I have heard that you're a newlywed until you hit double digits. However, with my first wife the honeymoon was over in a matter of months if not weeks. I thought it was normal, since you always hear jokes about it. i.e. Scientists have discovered a food that decreases a female's sex drive by 90%. It's called "wedding cake". I'm glad to find out that it doesn't HAVE to be true.
It never gets any better than a woman that wants to have a baby If you could bottle that energy you would be a very happy man
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:57 PM   #15
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Yes Pokie I am! Three years this October. I have heard that you're a newlywed until you hit double digits. However, with my first wife the honeymoon was over in a matter of months if not weeks. I thought it was normal, since you always hear jokes about it. i.e. Scientists have discovered a food that decreases a female's sex drive by 90%. It's called "wedding cake". I'm glad to find out that it doesn't HAVE to be true.