Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > World News

Notices

Old 08-05-2007, 08:05 PM   #1
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Every Family's Nightmare...

I am sure many of you heard this story when it happened about the doctor and his family in Connecticut. They were asleep and two convicts broke into their home, tied up the doctor and the daughters, took the wife to the bank to withdraw money, and also raped the wife and one daughter. They then set the house on fire. The police were called when people at the bank realized the woman was telling them she needed help. Unfortunately the police arrived at the home a few minutes too late. The wife and her daughters died in the fire. The doctor did survive. According to the story in People magazine this week, the convicts noticed the mother and one of her daughters because of her Mercedes and figured she must have money. So they followed them home and decided that would be the house they would rob that night.

It is the saddest story and is very scary to think that you can be out running your errands during which someone notices your car and decides to rob you. It has made us much more wary at our house. We have taken some extra precautions around our house this week and some extra shooting lessons are in order.

Here is a link to the story:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/23/hom....ap/index.html
Old 08-05-2007, 08:27 PM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
I am sure many of you heard this story when it happened about the doctor and his family in Connecticut. They were asleep and two convicts broke into their home, tied up the doctor and the daughters, took the wife to the bank to withdraw money, and also raped the wife and one daughter. They then set the house on fire. The police were called when people at the bank realized the woman was telling them she needed help. Unfortunately the police arrived at the home a few minutes too late. The wife and her daughters died in the fire. The doctor did survive. According to the story in People magazine this week, the convicts noticed the mother and one of her daughters because of her Mercedes and figured she must have money. So they followed them home and decided that would be the house they would rob that night.

It is the saddest story and is very scary to think that you can be out running your errands during which someone notices your car and decides to rob you. It has made us much more wary at our house. We have taken some extra precautions around our house this week and some extra shooting lessons are in order.

Always good to practice good self defense Sista. Living out in the country has many good points but there are no neighbors or city police. A good pack of dogs is a good early alarm system so listen to your animals.
Isaac
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:45 PM   #3
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
We have a seven alarm system in place, very loud and scary especially the white one. The white one is not to be trusted even though it has the lamb like look, very deceptive. Yes, we are practicing self defense. Better safe than sorry.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:31 PM   #4
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
If all adult men and women carried defense weapons, crime would a fraction of what it is. Even then, there are always a few low lifes who spoil the parade.....
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:48 AM   #5
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
That story is terrible! I can't believe @$$holes like that can be allowed to walk the streets. They deserve as slow and as painful a death as one could possibly conceive.

I stay in fair shape and I'm a well versed swordsman. I'm not bad with a spear and bo staff either. Give me a club, long stick, or a good bashing weapon and I'll ruin some mugger's life in heartbeat.

Having military rescue and medical training, I also know several sensative areas on the body where one can cause interal damage, loss of consciousness, and even death with the right blow. The Xiphoid process is one such spot. It is a small, pointed section of bone at the lowest tip of the sternum not far from the "CPR hot spot." The bone is held in place by a fairly weak fiber. A moderately vigorous shot to this point can break the bone off and puncture the heart lining, muscles, or even the diaphram.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:13 AM   #6
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
On the flip side someone down the street from me has had their alarm going off continuously since Friday afternoon. I think I may go burn their house down or at least burglarize it on general principles.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:47 AM   #7
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle

I too read this over the weekend! How awful and the dad in the basement hearing the screams coming from above! It's such a shame that society is becoming so scary that we must always be looking over our shoulders!
If you plan on breeding the kuvasz let me know!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:53 AM   #8
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Society is becoming? Like people weren't murdered in the past?

The only thing that has changed is the news has gotten better at delivering stories to more people. 30 years ago the same thing would have happened and you wouldn't have heard about it unless you lived there. I'd prefer if that were still the case. In what way has any of our lives improved because of this story? It doesn't affect us, why should we read about it?
Old 08-06-2007, 12:21 PM   #9
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
Society is becoming? Like people weren't murdered in the past?

The only thing that has changed is the news has gotten better at delivering stories to more people. 30 years ago the same thing would have happened and you wouldn't have heard about it unless you lived there. I'd prefer if that were still the case. In what way has any of our lives improved because of this story? It doesn't affect us, why should we read about it?
Perhaps. With the ever increasing population, more apples in the bunch also means more bad apples. However, that still doesn't make it right. At least these guys were caught before they even left the scene. I hope they fry for this. They deserve nothing less.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:37 AM   #10
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
On the flip side someone down the street from me has had their alarm going off continuously since Friday afternoon. I think I may go burn their house down or at least burglarize it on general principles.

Good for the neighbors keeping Joe on the edge all weekend!!! Somehow I think you may have earned this!!!
Old 08-07-2007, 11:27 AM   #11
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
True I heard alarms go off all the time in my neighborhood and in parking lots and people become desensitized to it all IMHO. The other day during a strong thunderstorm, I heard a dozen alarms go off in downtown parking lots. We were laughing about it in the office. BOOM!! honk honk honk honk... LOL
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:13 PM   #12
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

The occasional accidental trip I don't mind but this thing was going continuously for three days.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:28 PM   #13
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
The occasional trip I don't mind but this was going continuously for three days.
Man, I hate when I'm trippin' for that long.. 3 days..

Name:  noavatar-2.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  2.3 KB
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:34 PM   #14
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote