Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Religion & Spirit

Notices

Old 12-03-2007, 06:52 AM   #1
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
How do you celebrate Christ birthday ?

Don't let the PC police steal your Christmas away. Time with my family and a nice fire in the place with real Christian Christmas music being played. I feel the spirit everyday but this just brings it in a little closer and like any parent wants to hear from there child ! Thank your Father and I love You !!
God Bless
Merry Christmas

CHRISTMAS!

A month before Christmas
When all through our land,
Not a Christian was praying
Nor taking a stand.

Why the PC Police
had taken away,
The reason for Christmas -
no one could say.

The children were told
by their schools not to sing,
About Shepherds and Wise Men
and Angels and things.

It might hurt people's feelings,
the teachers would say
December 25th
is just a 'Holiday'.

Yet the shoppers were ready
with cash, checks and credit
Pushing folks down
to the floor just to get it!

CDs from Madonna,
an X BOX, an I-pod
Something was changing,
something quite odd!

Retailers promoted
Ramadan and Kwanzaa
In hopes to sell books by
Franken & Fonda.

As Targets were hanging
their trees upside down
At Lowe's the word Christmas -
was no where to be found.

At K-Mart and Staples
and Penny's and Sears
You won't hear the word Christmas;
it won't touch your ears.

Inclusive, sensitive,
Di-ver-si-ty
Are words that were used
to intimidate me.

Now Daschle, Now Darden,
Now Sharpton, Wolf Blitzen
On Boxer, on Rather,
on Kerry, on Clinton!

At the top of the Senate,
there arose such a clatter
To eliminate Jesus,
in all public matter.

And we spoke not a word,
as they took away our faith
Forbidden to speak
of salvation and grace.

The true Gift of Christmas
was exchanged and discarded
The reason for the season,
stopped before it started.

So as you celebrate 'Winter Bre! ak'
under your 'Dr eam Tree'
Sipping your Starbucks,
listen to me.

Choose your words carefully,
choose what you say
Shout MERRY CHRISTMAS,
not Happy Holiday!
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 07:55 AM   #2
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
You know, I saw an interesting documentary recently that addressed Jesus's birthday. It is no secret that Jesus's birthday was not in December. Historians agree that Jesus was actually born some time in late Aug to mid Sep. No one really knows the exact date, but some astrologers are suggesting that they know the exact date of Jesus's birth.

They say Aug 27, 2 B.C. is the exact date of His birth. There are 2 reasons for this. For one, on this day, Jupiter, Saturn, and Mars were aligned and form what appeared to be a bright new star in the sky. Astrologers of the time who didn't have the technology we have today would easily have believed this to be a star that mysteriously appeared out of nowhere. This may be the Star of Bethlehem.

Also, astrologers also noted that if an astrological chart were drawn up for someone born in this specific day, they would likely have a lasting impact on the Earth as all constellations would be in their own signs!

Astrology is not my thing, but I found the documentary fascinating.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:15 AM   #3
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit View Post
You know, I saw an interesting documentary recently that addressed Jesus's birthday. It is no secret that Jesus's birthday was not in December. Historians agree that Jesus was actually born some time in late Aug to mid Sep. No one really knows the exact date, but some astrologers are suggesting that they know the exact date of Jesus's birth.

They say Aug 27, 2 B.C. is the exact date of His birth. There are 2 reasons for this. For one, on this day, Jupiter, Saturn, and Mars were aligned and form what appeared to be a bright new star in the sky. Astrologers of the time who didn't have the technology we have today would easily have believed this to be a star that mysteriously appeared out of nowhere. This may be the Star of Bethlehem.

Also, astrologers also noted that if an astrological chart were drawn up for someone born in this specific day, they would likely have a lasting impact on the Earth as all constellations would be in their own signs!

Astrology is not my thing, but I found the documentary fascinating.
Good post Anime ! December 25th would be the conception date making September the birth date. Christ began to dwell with man at conception. What does this say for the idea that life begins at birth ?
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:34 AM   #4
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Good posts from both of you! I LOVE being with my family by the fire and appreciating the wonderful daughters and husband the Lord blessed me with. Of course I'm usually bustling around the kitchen prepping for our meal but enjoy the warmth I feel with all of us being in our own home. I'm so glad the days of traveling up and down I20 with Santa presents are over! That was tiresome when they were all tots. Staying home is best! May everyone on this board enjoy the Christmas season and be blessed by His love! Remember the reason for the season!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:55 AM   #5
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
We decorated the yard with small Christmas trees that my mother made. We strung them with lights and stacked some false presents around them in the yard. My 5-yo niece saw them and asked us why we put her presents out in the yard. Just joking with her, I said,"We didn't put them out there. Santa flew over the house and accidentally dropped them." Of course, we later told her otherwise.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:00 AM   #6
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
>They say Aug 27, 2 B.C. is the exact date of His birth.

Awesome, I share a birthday with the J-ster!
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:49 AM   #7
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
>They say Aug 27, 2 B.C. is the exact date of His birth.

Awesome, I share a birthday with the J-ster!
JP I knew you were a saint some how I guess your parents had a Merry Christmas too.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:51 PM   #8
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Great post Isaac. Is that s Saxxon family original or did you get that off the web somewhere? We are introducing Baby Jesus to Morphette this Christmas.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:43 AM   #9
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
Great post Isaac. Is that s Saxxon family original or did you get that off the web somewhere? We are introducing Baby Jesus to Morphette this Christmas.
Raise a child up in the ways of the Lord and he/she will not wonder. Good idea to introduce Morphette to Christ. I found that poem on the net. Isaac, Mrs. Isaac and the daughters of Isaac are all Christians. This does not mean we do not have a great time in fact we have a better time than most folks
Old 12-04-2007, 10:13 AM   #10
Princess Leia

Rep Power: 0 Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light
My family usually spends a quite day at home. After the normal hustle and bustle of the morning (my kids are 3 and 2) we talk about what a great year God blessed us with this past year and things hoped for in the next.

I hope to begin a new tradition with my kiddos this year by reading the Christmas story. We will also attend the candlelight service of our church. Nothing beats spending the holidays with fellow believers.

Merry Christmas to all here and I wish nothing but Grace and Blessings in the year to come.
Princess Leia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:07 AM   #11
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
We used to race to open presents at home so we could make it to the grandparents house to open more presents and eat lunch, then race to the inlaws to visit them and eat dinner. The children probably hated opening presents then leaving most of them at home and hitting the road, not getting back til after dark.

The inlaws moved years ago and now we enjoy a more leasurely Christmas day and eat dinner at home. Extended family is great to have, don't get me wrong.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:17 AM   #12
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

The great lie has been long uncovered at my house. Just have one of three in the nest. The three sisters are real happy to sleep in knowing their bounty will not run off. Last year I went hunting Christmas morning then came in and opened our material things and felt that instant gratification for a moment. I just hope it is cold so I can have my fire and banana bread then visit with my daughters and Mrs. Isaac. This is the time when the Tree of Life began to dwell with man. God is a great fur tree. Evergreen is eternal life. The Cedars of Lebanon were used to build Solomons Temple.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:12 AM   #13
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Instant gratification is the best kind. You don't have to wait for it.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:55 AM   #14
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
Instant gratification is the best kind. You don't have to wait for it.
JP I know if anyone would know about instant gratification it would be you and your pole. Vanity, vanity ..... If you are a Christian then Christmas would mean much more than instant gratification.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:12 AM   #15
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

If you were Jewish Hanukkah would mean much more to you.