Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Government & Politics

Notices

View Poll Results: Who would your vote for ? This is a poll !
Ron Paul GOP 109 90.08%
Mike Huckabee GOP 3 2.48%
Rudy Giuliani GOP 4 3.31%
Mitt Romney GOP 1 0.83%
Fred Thomson GOP 2 1.65%
Hillary Clinton DNC 0 0%
Barack Obama DNC 1 0.83%
John Edward DNC 0 0%
Joe Biden DNC 0 0%
Dennis Kucinich DNC 1 0.83%
Voters: 121. This poll is closed

Old 12-20-2007, 07:02 AM   #1
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Who will be our next President ?

GRAND OLD PARTY
Rudy Giuliani, former Mayor of New York City

Mike Huckabee, former Governor of Arkansas

Duncan Hunter, U.S. Representative from California

John McCain, U.S. Senator from Arizona

Ron Paul, U.S. Representative from Texas and 1988 Libertarian Presidential nominee

Mitt Romney, former Governor of Massachusetts

Tom Tancredo, U.S. Representative from Colorado

Fred Thompson, former U.S. Senator from Tennessee

DEMOCRATS

Joe Biden, U.S. Senator from Delaware

Hillary Clinton, U.S. Senator from New York and former First Lady

Christopher Dodd, U.S. Senator from Connecticut

John Edwards, former U.S. Senator from North Carolina and 2004 Democratic Vice Presidential candidate

Mike Gravel, former U.S. Senator from Alaska

Dennis Kucinich, U.S. Representative from Ohio

Barack Obama, U.S. Senator from Illinois

Bill Richardson, Governor of New Mexico, former U.S. Representative from New Mexico, and former United States Ambassador to the UN

Isaac's pick. I have not decided on which Republican I will vote for yet but if I was a gambling man I would pick it like this !

Mitt Romney, former Governor of Massachusetts will run against Hillary Clinton, U.S. Senator from New York and former First Lady. Our next President will be Mitt Romney. I know anything can happen but just for fun here pick your horse and post it to this thread. This should be who you think will WIN not who you are voting for. The poll is for who you would vote for.
VOTE it is your right !
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Last edited by Isaac-Saxxon; 12-20-2007 at 07:19 AM.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:49 AM   #2
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
America won't elect a Mormon. We've only elected one non-Protestant and he had to cheat his ass off to win.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:29 AM   #3
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
America won't elect a Mormon. We've only elected one non-Protestant and he had to cheat his ass off to win.
Good point JP ! I am glad someone posted to this thread.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:31 AM   #4
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Good thread and poll Isaac. I've been thinking of doing the same. I have a prediction. A democrat will not win this poll
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:04 PM   #5
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight View Post
Good thread and poll Isaac. I've been thinking of doing the same. I have a prediction. A democrat will not win this poll
Dr. Paul is kicking ass ! I wonder how that happened
Old 12-20-2007, 12:23 PM   #6
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
LOL, ol' Dr. Paul's supporters are an internet savvy bunch. These results so far are predictable. Personally I'm glad to see Ron Paul gettin' all the love

Quote:
"Freedom is not defined by safety. Freedom is defined by the ability of citizens to live without government interference. Government cannot create a world without risks, nor would we really wish to live in such a fictional place. Only a totalitarian society would even claim absolute safety as a worthy ideal, because it would require total state control over its citizens’ lives. Liberty has meaning only if we still believe in it when terrible things happen and a false government security blanket beckons."

~Ron Paul, Security and Liberty 04/25/2007
Old 12-20-2007, 03:45 PM   #7
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
I was wondering the same thing!
Old 12-20-2007, 03:51 PM   #8
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Internet lunatics either like Kucinich or Ron Paul, depending on their particular leanings. If you meet a crazy person on the Internet there is a 95% chance he wants to vote for either of those two people.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:00 PM   #9
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Internet lunatics either like Kucinich or Ron Paul, depending on their particular leanings. If you meet a crazy person on the Internet there is a 95% chance he wants to vote for either of those two people.
"Lunatics"? "Crazy" people? Man, you're so full of schit your eyes are brown. Sheople like you are what's wrong with this country. I'm no fan of Kucinich's liberal policies, but just because he lobbied for full government disclosure of the UFO/ET issue makes his supporters lunatics? And dont even go there about Paul's supporters. Explain yourself, otherwise you're just like any other party hack, parrotin/regurgitatin some horseschit the talk radio turds have been spoutin.

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 12-20-2007 at 07:41 PM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:20 PM   #10
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
It looks like the "persons on the Internet" for Ron Paul are way more on the ball than Kucinich people. Or maybe they just found this poll first. Very interesting poll and I'm surprised by the results so far. Good post Isaac.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:42 PM   #11
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

The Ron Paul RevoLution is in full swing. All about Freedom, independence, and getting the government out of our lives and our wallets. Ron Paul supporters are a very pro-active bunch. They don't wait around for the campaign to tell them what to do.. they are out there in full force spreading the message.. It's not about Ron Paul, it's about the message. There are plenty of folks, disgruntled Republicans, Democrats and Independents.. who have all but just about given up on politics.. tired of voting for the less of two evils.. finally found someone with a message. Someone who has shown by example, by his voting record in congress.. shown to be honest, and looking out for the people.

They aren't crazy folks, they aren't lunatic fringe.. just folks tired of being taxed to death, tired of the government thinking they own our lives. Tired of watching this country, spiraling into bankruptcy with a foreign policy that can not be sustained. Taking away our liberties with things like the Patriot Act and the idea of National ID cards.. Stop the madness.

That's my .02
Old 12-20-2007, 06:51 PM   #12
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Zogby National Polls
http://www.presidentpolls2008.com/po...ion-Polls.html

CNN National Polls
http://www.presidentpolls2008.com/po...ion-Polls.html

Ron maybe kicking some unusual ass here on this board but Zogby and CNN do not agree with SBL polls at this time. I have yet to vote on this poll I started and will do so at a time when I make my mind up. Thank all of you for your post and votes on the poll.
Isaac
Old 12-21-2007, 08:54 AM   #13
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

I didn't say Ron Paul/Kucinich supporters were all lunatics, I said Internet lunatics were either Paul or Kucinich supporters.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:06 PM   #14
Kherty

Rep Power: 0 Kherty will become famous soon enough Kherty will become famous soon enough
You have to keep in mind that many of the polls are deceiving.

First of all, Republican polls are usually conducted by soliciting those who voted last election cycle who were registered Republicans at that time. Much of Dr. Paul's current campaign support is comprised mostly of those who were not registered Republicans at that time, were undecided or even crossed party lines and were Democratic. Also, many first-time voters are supporting Paul, so don't go by the polls. Remember, Buchanan was only polling at 3% when he won his primary.

Secondly, many polls are conducted by land-line phones. I personally do not have a land-line phone and cell phones are not used in these polls. Therefore, the sampling is very limited in this manner.

The most telling factor of support are the straw polls. You will not find many straw polls that Ron Paul has lost. Just wait until you see how many delegates support him!
Kherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 06:46 AM   #15
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kherty View Post
You have to keep in mind that many of the polls are deceiving.

First of all, Republican polls are usually conducted by soliciting those who voted last election cycle who were registered Republicans at that time. Much of Dr. Paul's current campaign support is comprised mostly of those who were not registered Republicans at that time, were undecided or even crossed party lines and were Democratic. Also, many first-time voters are supporting Paul, so don't go by the polls. Remember, Buchanan was only polling at 3% when he won his primary.

Secondly, many polls are conducted by land-line phones. I personally do not have a land-line phone and cell phones are not used in these polls. Therefore, the sampling is very limited in this manner.

The most telling factor of support are the straw polls. You will not find many straw polls that Ron Paul has lost. Just wait until you see how many delegates support him!
Let me see if this is right. Polls are wrong in the case of RP ! Flawed because of cell phones ??? I can not wait to see how many delegates support him. I see you have made three post here and they are all RP threads I have tried to keep a open mind here but with the aggression of the RP supporters both here and other places on the net I am getting tired already and we have a very long way to go before it is over. Yesterday people standing on the corners holding RP signs. Maybe this is a sign of the times