Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Local News

Notices

Old 05-13-2007, 11:22 AM   #16
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaker720
CONGRADULATION on your 24 and may you have at least 24 more years together. This is for both Mr & Mrs. Isaac and Mr.& Mrs. Rhertz.
Now time for the second half to start
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 11:47 AM   #17
Allen Marsalis
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Allen Marsalis is just really nice Allen Marsalis is just really nice Allen Marsalis is just really nice Allen Marsalis is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
Nice article Allen! Those veggies do look delish! I enjoyed buying some homemade soaps, salsa and bread last year at the market as well! There's no honey like Hummer's either! Yummy!
Thanks Pocahontas! This was the first article where I had the chance to interview someone. I met some really nice folks writing this one. And I learned a lot of things about bees that I didn't know before.

Happy Mothers Day!!
Allen Marsalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:28 PM   #18
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
wow.. 24 years.. that's a long time to do ANYTHING

Congrats all around !!
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 02:16 AM   #19
lancemaria

Rep Power: 0 lancemaria will become famous soon enough lancemaria will become famous soon enough

can u elaborate the topic about?! i just want to know more..

thanks..
lancemaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:52 AM   #20
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancemaria
can u elaborate the topic about?! i just want to know more..

thanks..
See opening page "HOME GROWN" then you will know. Welcome to SBLive and may your stay be a good one.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:34 AM   #21
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Sheveport Farmers Market is great this time of year !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbl_admin
SBLive! Editor Allen Marsalis discusses locally grown produce in Shreveport Bossier
I made my Saturday morning trip to the market this morning 6/16/07 and these photos might help for those of you that might hesitate to go. There is more than just veggies and these photos will help. I have a few names that will go with the photos. Nothing like fresh summer time veggies
Sweet Corn
Click image for larger version

Name:	Famers Market 6-16-07 001.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	568.2 KB
ID:	774

This nice lady had quite a nice selection of house plants

Name:	Famers Market 6-16-07 002.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	623.7 KB
ID:	775
This is one of my favorite stops. Eric and Amy Drabwell have whole grain bread and other kinds of white bread and cookies. His email is eric@drabwell.com and he is a very nice man.

Name:	Famers Market 6-16-07 003.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	519.0 KB
ID:	776
Page's Pasta LLC you can find them at www.pagespasta.com. They have Artisan Pasta and gift baskets too. Very well done. I would choose the whole wheat pasta.

Name:	Famers Market 6-16-07 004.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	591.0 KB
ID:	777
More Page's Pasta

Name:	Famers Market 6-16-07 005.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	536.6 KB
ID:	778
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:46 AM   #22
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Page #2 Shreveport Farmers Market

Sam Mondello Produce & Firewood 741-1090 Bossier City, LA

Name:	Famers Market 6-16-07 007.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	578.9 KB
ID:	779

Hummer and Son Honey 742-3541 Bossier City, LA

Name:	Famers Market 6-16-07 008.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	579.8 KB
ID:	780
Shirley's Tea Cakes very sweet lady and a very nice display of cooking

Name:	Famers Market 6-16-07 009.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	663.6 KB
ID:	781
Longhorn Ranch naturally lean beef. Low in fat and cholesterol never use hormones or steroids. Show cattle and beef for sale.
Suzanne & Wyatt Harris whlonghorns@eastex.net 903-766-3878

Name:	Famers Market 6-16-07 010.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	558.1 KB
ID:	782
Home of Champion Registered Texas Longhorn Cattle
I hope you have enjoyed my little outing as much as I did and will tonight for dinner
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:55 AM   #23
Neo
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 228 Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of
Did you see any hanging gardens or plants at the farm?
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 10:58 AM   #24
guitarman
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 213 guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold
Do they ever have live music at the Farmers Market ? I have heard of other places like this one that will have a band play
guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:28 AM   #25
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Nice photos! I've been once to the market and it would have been much livelier with some music. I'm not much of a morning person so maybe add the music to the newly added afternoon market. Are you in a band guitarman?
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:35 PM   #26
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Page #2 Shreveport Farmers Market
I'm really missing out by sleeping in on Saturday mornings.. I really need to go down and check this out. LOL, compare what I see to what is growing in my garden!

That sweet corn sure looks good. Krogers sometimes get colorado or florida sweet corn, but this locally grown corn I'm sure is much better. LOL, much better than frozen cream corn in a tube.

Thanks for sharing those pics there Isaac. Maybe it will inspire me to go to bed early next Friday night so I can wake with the birds and make it downtown.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:38 PM   #27
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
My wife went with my parents and my oldest daughter this morning. They liked it.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 07:05 AM   #28
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman
Do they ever have live music at the Farmers Market ? I have heard of other places like this one that will have a band play
Time to time they have a Bluegrass Band that plays but the first three weekends this year I have not see them there. I think it really makes people feel good to hear live music. I will check into this and let you know more.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:41 AM   #29
guitarman
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 213 guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold
Music in the morning may be to much for some. Looking at the pictures I can see the crowd was not that young so I can see why they might not want the music to be blues or rock
guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:17 AM   #30
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman
Music in the morning may be to much for some. Looking at the pictures I can see the crowd was not that young so I can see why they might not want the music to be blues or rock
LOL could you get a rock or blues band to play a gig that early in the mornin' is the question
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote