Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Local News

Notices

Old 05-15-2007, 07:27 PM   #16
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
Hey Joe, Hooters is located in the Boardwalk. If you want to ogle go there!
Old 05-15-2007, 07:28 PM   #17
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
The manager used to work at the Acura dealership. I forget his name but I bought a Legend from him once. I think he is gone now. The BBQ is still good, but the decor may have changed in his absense. Just a guess..
His name was David. I wonder what did happen to him. He was a part owner in it, just got married several months ago, hmmmmm.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:08 PM   #18
Millipede

Rep Power: 0 Millipede has a spectacular aura about Millipede has a spectacular aura about Millipede has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Millipede Send a message via Yahoo to Millipede
Well, I gave it a shot and tried the Country Tavern. To be honest, it was not that great. Of course I only tried the smoked sausage and my wife's burger. Perhaps thier ribs are better. I do have to admit I liked the building though : )
maybe I will give it another shot and try something else later.
Any more suggestions?
Old 05-16-2007, 09:08 PM   #19
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Ribs and brisket. The sausage is fine, but unremarkable. Never tried the burger, wife likes the ribeye, which wasn't as good last time. It used to consistently be one of the best in town.

Get the au gratin potatoes.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:30 PM   #20
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 247 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
That Smokey Bones was on Youree Drive, a "cant miss" location, or so one would've thought. Thats prime real estate, and all of the other joints are crowded as hell on Friday night and the weekends! Makes ya wonder how bad they must've been if they couldnt turn a profit there.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:37 PM   #21
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
The food wasn't bad (WAY better than it's main competition across the street: Chili's, but it doesn't take much to be better than Chili's) but it wasn't outstanding in any way. I simply NEVER thought to go there because it was so poorly marketed.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:37 PM   #22
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
That Smokey Bones was on Youree Drive, a "cant miss" location, or so one would've thought. Thats prime real estate, and all of the other joints are crowded as hell on Friday night and the weekends! Makes ya wonder how bad they must've been if they couldnt turn a profit there.
I dunno, others in "the holy land" have shut down too. Tony Roma's, Just for Feet, Juri's Coffee Shop, and a few businesses in the strip mall next to Michael's. Even the Car dealerships are not immune. That is expensive turf and it is sometimes hard to turn a good profit when rent is sky high. Tha man in the glass tower far away must be paid he due. And he aint' cheap.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:43 PM   #23
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
The food wasn't bad (WAY better than it's main competition across the street: Chili's, but it doesn't take much to be better than Chili's) but it wasn't outstanding in any way. I simply NEVER thought to go there because it was so poorly marketed.
I remember my first trip to Chili's in Denver around '83 or so. It was fantastic. Restrooms actually smelled nice, like cinnamon. Burgers were awesome. Plenty of stuff to look at. When Chili's finally made it to Shreveport decades later, well.. it is so passé that they even have one in Shreveport. I cann't think of anything worse to say... They wouldn't even let the local tv cameras back into the kitchen. OK, there...
Old 05-16-2007, 09:58 PM   #24
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 247 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Hey, theres nothin wrong with Chilis...they got damn good food there, not to mention their specialty ritas. Next time ya go, try the New York strip, medium well, with their bacon and cheddar mashed potatos, and an order of grilled lime shrimp and the skillet queso for appetizers. Wash it down with a few rounds of Chambord 1800 margaritas. If THAT doesnt appeal to ya I dont know what would.

And take my word for it, NO resteraunt's kitchen is nice to look at, with the exception of maybe Romano's Macaroni Grill.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:11 PM   #25
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
And take my word for it, NO resteraunt's kitchen is nice to look at, with the exception of maybe Romano's Macaroni Grill.
yeah I like Romano's... We ate there on Monday and it was good. yeah you are probably right about the kitchens at most places.