Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > World News

Notices

Old 03-14-2007, 11:55 PM   #181
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Evolution is proof that "creation" is a lie.
Get used to it, boy.
Who ever said that creation and evolution were mutually exclusive any more than science and religion are mustually exclusive? BrainSmashr you miss the entire point of The Miracle. God created the heaven and the earth and everything in between. Many of us celebrate that fact. And I say "fact" with the utmost certainty and faith. I don't pity you, but I do feel bad that you do not rejoice in knowing that you are a child of the living God. Speaking for myself, I could not be more lucky if I won Powerball and MegaMillions on the same day. A lottery winner could drop dead the very next day of a heart attack and not enjoy a fraction of the monetary winnings. but if you accept the grace of God, a true gift if imaginable proportions, totally FREE, then nobody and I mean nobody can take that away from you. Just something to think about.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:21 AM   #182
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Brainsmashr,

Zeolot as I have been called, I have not been to church in quite some time. Last week it was because of the lost hour of daylights savings time. The week before that, I had something to do. The week before that, I worked too hard and needed rest and slept in. The week before that, I was busy posting on the Internet. The week before that, well I forget.. you get my point.

You have awoken me Brainsmashr. You really got me thinking for the first time in a long time. I'm all rapped up being a father, a businessman, husband, and I fall into a rut sometimes. I have grown spiritually thin. But now it is Spring! Time for awakening! So I plan on going to church service this week or next. Thank you for the inspiration. Few things could have gotten my attention like you have here recently on this board. A reverse change of fortune that I did not expect. I feel like dropping to my knees and thanking God for creating the earth, and grass, and flowers, and trees, and Pugs and Me! Heh, I could have been a Pug blowing snot! But I am a Man created in His image praying for those in need. I should celebrate Lent and Easter but I'm a slacker. Nonetheless, it sure is good to have that choice to accept his forgiveness, grace and salvation verses giving Him the finger. You could have it too! Even after giving us both the finger! Trust me, I have nothing to do with it. But shoot the messenger if you need to work that sh!t out. I understand. I've never been an alleged murderer (in either past or present tense) but I have felt the sting of being earthbound, as most of us have at one time or another. It can suk at times. But then I remember and look up!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:11 AM   #183
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
I've been counting my blessings, too, lately. Theres so much to be thankful for, I dont know where to start. I'm a slacker too, Rhertz. I rarely make time for church, what with my hectic schedule. Everytime I drive past my church I find that I keenly feel THAT deficiency. But I DO find time for prayer during the workweek. Its a source of comfort thats never failed me yet.

I've caught myself losing patience with this "Brain" character. Its hard NOT to blast the guy when his posts dont make a damn bit of sense. But I think I'm gonna delete some of my less-than-charitable comments about him. Whatever else is wrong in this guy's life, his obvious problems are considerable, if not insurmountable. Good luck to ya, "Brain"...youre gonna need it!

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 03-15-2007 at 02:28 AM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:47 AM   #184
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Al don't bother.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:33 AM   #185
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
God created all men

It would seem a great thing has happened here folks. This Brain boy has kind of forced each one of us to rethink what it is we believe. Then when each one of you that post your thoughts we can see where you stand on this issue and more important you can see where you stand. Yes folks the Brain has served as Satan's advocate and now we all have been fire tested to some degree and we have even stronger faith in what it is we believe because we all have had to put our foot down and stand on it. This is a test only a test for it is written in the great book of Revelation that in the end of this dispensation we that are here on earth will all be called upon to take a stand pro or con and that is why Luke warm is not good. Think you all get a "A" in my book for holding the line and I am sure God The Eternal One did not miss a click and BSr has served as a goad to you fine Christians and for the pagan there is the millennium and that of coarse is 1000 years to be saved not by faith as in this age but by works only so there is still much hope for the unsaved who ever they might be that they can get there eternal soul and leave the state of being in a mortal (liable to die) soul for the eternity.
God Bless you all and I will see you here on the board. Do not think sitting in a church building will save your soul or any preacher but read your Bible while you are alone so you can meditate on the Word and pray to your Father and the truth will come to each one of us. Now as for Brain as much fun as it is to not like him I think we should all pray for Gods Will to be done in his life and that is something that he to will have to deal with and if Gods Will is good for him then let it be good and if its not good for him he will continue being cold and the Bible says that is better than Luke warm. Only God our Father is judge. Judgment for Christians is rewards so happy is the man that seeks the face of God. God wants what you want from your children for we are Gods children and that is two things. Thank you Father and I love you Father. Can not buy those words from anybody it must come from the heart.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:06 AM   #186
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
My hats off to all of you...

for using this experience with the Brainsmashr to learn from. I've only read this board for 48 hours but in that 48 hours learned so much from you all. There will come trials much like this with non believers where we will have to firmly stand our ground for our beliefs. I am so thankful that we all managed to do it and did it (most of the time) with a Christian spirit. I learned from you a all much in the way to deal with hard headed, non believers like him. It's not often you encounter someone quite like him. I can only think of one or two others in my life I've ever met who were so hardened.

One way I have found to worship and find my quiet time with God is in my car. We all have time in vehicles every day. I love the station 89.1 and the worship music they play. I like to have that playing and use that time for prayer and worship. God is delighted each and everytime we give him praise, even if it's in your car!!!!!!And the thing about listening to that music station in my car or office is that mom always told me you are a product of what you put in your body. So I feel like by putting wonderful praise music in my ears and surrounding myself with it, I am putting on my "coat of armor". Good luck to you all. It's been very nice to learn from you and I hope to continue to learn from you (except Brainsmashr-I hope I can be a positive influence on you!).
Old 03-15-2007, 08:13 AM   #187
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Welcome aboard Texasbelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
for using this experience with the Brainsmashr to learn from. I've only read this board for 48 hours but in that 48 hours learned so much from you all. There will come trials much like this with non believers where we will have to firmly stand our ground for our beliefs. I am so thankful that we all managed to do it and did it (most of the time) with a Christian spirit. I learned from you a all much in the way to deal with hard headed, non believers like him. It's not often you encounter someone quite like him. I can only think of one or two others in my life I've ever met who were so hardened.

One way I have found to worship and find my quiet time with God is in my car. We all have time in vehicles every day. I love the station 89.1 and the worship music they play. I like to have that playing and use that time for prayer and worship. God is delighted each and everytime we give him praise, even if it's in your car!!!!!!And the thing about listening to that music station in my car or office is that mom always told me you are a product of what you put in your body. So I feel like by putting wonderful praise music in my ears and surrounding myself with it, I am putting on my "coat of armor". Good luck to you all. It's been very nice to learn from you and I hope to continue to learn from you (except Brainsmashr-I hope I can be a positive influence on you!).
You got baptized with fire on your first post but that is not what most of these nice people are about. I hope you stay on the board and keep posting we sure could use another female on the board. Love the avatar !
Isaac
Old 03-15-2007, 08:35 AM   #188
Neo
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 228 Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of
Exclamation Quote of the day from Smashed Brains

I'm not sure what Brainsmash is, full of hot air, full of hate, or just full.....
After a quick review of brainsmash advertised web site I just happened to see ignorance and hate shine. It shows a lack of compassion, morals, intelligence.

"So I stop at the store last night to pick up some beer and I'm totally PISSED to find out, that once again, they allowed some bluegum to buy 1 beer out of a 6-pak, and of course, it's the LAST dark Heineken 6-pack. So I decided to try some Grolsch, and was pleasently surprised.

It kind of had a Green Heineken taste, but not nearly as bitter and no skunky after taste either. Given a choice, I'd pick Grolsh over Green Heine's from now own....but that's not the best part. When I got to the counter, the register rang up the 6-pack of Grolsh at $1.40, and she didn't even blink an eye!!

Man, those were the best 25 cent beers I've EVER had!!! "

Wait, I don't want to read too far into this one- so maybe you can tell me what a bluegum is.

I think this could classified as sick and wrong!

Last edited by Neo; 03-15-2007 at 08:52 AM.
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:56 AM   #189
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

What say you Bubba McMillian ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I'm not sure what Brainsmash is, full of hot air, full of hate, or just full.....
After a quick review of brainsmash advertised web site I just happened to see ignorance and hate shine. It shows a lack of compassion, morals, intelligence.

"So I stop at the store last night to pick up some beer and I'm totally PISSED to find out, that once again, they allowed some bluegum to buy 1 beer out of a 6-pak, and of course, it's the LAST dark Heineken 6-pack. So I decided to try some Grolsch, and was pleasently surprised.

It kind of had a Green Heineken taste, but not nearly as bitter and no skunky after taste either. Given a choice, I'd pick Grolsh over Green Heine's from now own....but that's not the best part. When I got to the counter, the register rang up the 6-pack of Grolsh at $1.40, and she didn't even blink an eye!!

Wait, I don't want to read too far into this one- so maybe you can tell me what a bluegum is.

You are like big brother always watching but never posting ? Give us some good words for today Bubba
Isaac
Old 03-15-2007, 09:00 AM   #190
Bubba McMillian

Rep Power: 0 Bubba McMillian has a spectacular aura about Bubba McMillian has a spectacular aura about Bubba McMillian has a spectacular aura about

I just like to watch, look, listen and learn.
Bubba McMillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:53 PM   #191
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

I am going to take a shot at this because I have seen him use this term on another forum and I am "guessing" it's someone that is old and wears false teeth? Only because I know the person he is telling this to and her age, he calls her bluegum but Brain, correct me if I am wrong.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:12 PM   #192
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Brain is MIA so let me give you a hint

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett
I am going to take a shot at this because I have seen him use this term on another forum and I am "guessing" it's someone that is old and wears false teeth? Only because I know the person he is telling this to and her age, he calls her bluegum but Brain, correct me if I am wrong.
It could be used as a racial slur
Old 03-15-2007, 05:16 PM   #193

I believe what I believe. I don't care what you believe.

I know what a bluegum is and I 2 can never figure out why they take one out of the last 6pk and leave. At the same time I can't believe they would pick a Heineken over an Old English 800.
Lucky for you they did so cause a buck forty is a good deal even if it is beer.
396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:37 PM   #194
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
according to the "urban dictionary" :

Quote:
A synonym of African American, this word describes the bluish color typical of a black mouth.

can't say I've ever heard that myself.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:12 PM   #195

not to change the subject too much but speaking of bluegums.
I walked to the store on the corner a few minutes ago with my two gal gas can to get some gas for the lawnmower. I filled up the can which cost $5.15. I get inside and the girl at the counter says, " did you just get $21.57 in gas?" To which I replied, I have a two gallon gas can, I walked up here and I know gas is expensive but there is no way I got that much gas. She shook her head and was really confused. She gave me my change which too her a little while to figure out. I gave her 6 dollars. Change is 85 cents. dah! I get my gas can walk back to the gas pump to see what the hell she was talking about. She don't know the difference between 2.156 gallons and $5.15 cost.
Now for what I believe.

I believe we are in a world of hurt and the future looks bleak if we don't do soemthing. I don't care if you believe in God or evolution but something is wrong somewhere. Maybe, just maybe God created monkey and they were so stupid he had to give them a little help. MAN!. somewhere along the line we are converting back to simple primates.
396 is offline   Reply With Quote