Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Local News

Notices

Old 03-16-2007, 08:20 AM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Is 75 MPH Too Fast?

A report from the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development says boosting the speed limit to 75 mph on some interstate highways in the state is a bad idea.

sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:24 AM   #2
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
That's a tough one. You just about have to boost the speed limit because there are too many cars on the road and it's getting hard to get anywhere. I know I can control my car just fine at 75mph.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:50 PM   #3

I don't think it's too fast to drive. It might be too fast if you get behind some blue hair doing 45. I pay more attention to what I'm doing when I drive fast. When I'm going slow I want to multi task.

I think 75 is way too fast for trucks to drive. they should lower the limit for them to 65 and make them drive in the right lane only
396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 05:24 PM   #4
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I agree with the truck part

Quote:
Originally Posted by 396
I don't think it's too fast to drive. It might be too fast if you get behind some blue hair doing 45. I pay more attention to what I'm doing when I drive fast. When I'm going slow I want to multi task.

I think 75 is way too fast for trucks to drive. they should lower the limit for them to 65 and make them drive in the right lane only
Old people do have their problems too and 75 is just fine with me, it would help those road trips. I agree the trucks need to slow it down, they are very dangerous at high speeds.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:05 PM   #5
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 234 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Honestly I have a heavy foot always have and no i don't get many speeding tickets. I think the last one was when i had my Saturn SC2 which was 6 yrs ago so I'm doing pretty good w/o getting speeding tickets. I also have a radar in my car so that tends to help also.

I think it should be 80mph minimum i travel at least this if not 85mph. I agree we just have too many people on the roads and there is just always some delay. Heck let us just have an autobahn and that fill fix everything
Old 03-16-2007, 10:53 PM   #6
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 237 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
I disagree with all of you. It is more dangerous to drive 75 and it uses more fuel. I agree trucks should be limited to 65.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:38 AM   #7
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
What ever they set the speed limit too.. I just think they should set the limit on I-49 and I-10 between here and New Orleans to 95 mph and be done with it... that always seems like the longest damn drive.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 08:48 AM   #8
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I agree that the speed limit should go up on I-49

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
What ever they set the speed limit too.. I just think they should set the limit on I-49 and I-10 between here and New Orleans to 95 mph and be done with it... that always seems like the longest damn drive.
Long road trips on interstates should go up. If people would get in the right lane that do not want to go fast it would help. Eighteen wheelers are dangerous and should not go over 75. LN kind of early for you did you go to bed early last night ?
Isaac
Old 03-17-2007, 09:01 AM   #9
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
LN kind of early for you did you go to bed early last night ?
Isaac
If everyone would just stop shouting... Ughhh

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:17 AM   #10
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

I hear you loud and clear

Quote:

My dear wife is still sleeping and loud is not good in the morning. Good morning LN and Sat night is my night for the red wine and a late night. Is the avatar to much my girls where picking at me last night about it ?
Isaac
Old 03-17-2007, 12:09 PM   #11
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Looks like LN's night for drinking is every Friday.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote