Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Local News

Notices

Old 05-15-2007, 07:52 AM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Road Rage - Do We Have A Problem Or What?

For the second consecutive year, rude Miami drivers have earned the city the title of worst road rage in a survey released Tuesday.
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:05 AM   #2
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 249 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
That may be but we have alot of that here too. It gets me when you see someone {say like on Airline] who decides to get on I-20 and will cross 3 lanes of traffic all of a sudden just to make the ramp. Or take Northgate and old Minden, people will pull up to the red lights in the insde lane, go under the light and cut people off to turn on Airline. PEOPLE you know already you want to turn right so get in the proper lane , why cut people OFF. There seems to be alot of drivers that need refresher class in driving.
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:15 AM   #3
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaker720
That may be but we have alot of that here too. It gets me when you see someone {say like on Airline] who decides to get on I-20 and will cross 3 lanes of traffic all of a sudden just to make the ramp. Or take Northgate and old Minden, people will pull up to the red lights in the insde lane, go under the light and cut people off to turn on Airline. PEOPLE you know already you want to turn right so get in the proper lane , why cut people OFF. There seems to be alot of drivers that need refresher class in driving.
Youth has always been in a hurry and with the years the road rage will die down I know I use to be one those crazy drivers now much better and drive the speed limit. I hear the State is about to really crack down on seat belts and start writing tickets.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:26 AM   #4
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 249 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
I know what your saying, but the drivres I am talking about are not youths. It is drivers that should know better, but they think they are in a bigger hurry than the next person. They think their time is more important and doesn't stop to think who they are putting in jepordy.
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:52 AM   #5
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Seriously! I nearly had at least 3 traffic incidents on the way home from work last week. I got off the road ASAP before I started feeling the urge to jerk some idiot from his car.

First, the guy who parked next to me at work parked like 4 inches from the driver side of my car. I had trouble backing out without hitting him because there wasn't enough room. I pulled out of the parking garage and some woman on a cell phone cut me off and nearly took my bumper off. On I-20, some jack@$$ in a large pickup whipped around me and crossed into my lane in an attempt to make the exit, narrowly missing my bumper again. And turning down my street, some idiot was parked in the middle of the road just sightseeing. What the heck is wrong with people?!
Old 05-15-2007, 03:23 PM   #6
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 272 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Youth has always been in a hurry and with the years the road rage will die down I know I use to be one those crazy drivers now much better and drive the speed limit. I hear the State is about to really crack down on seat belts and start writing tickets.
I beg to differ Isaac! I must confess I've gotten worse as I've gotten older!
Raging hormones I guess! So sorry...I really try to be good but when someone cuts me off or goes under the speed limit I want to run over them!I'm usually a pretty easy going person otherwise!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:33 PM   #7
Millipede

Rep Power: 0 Millipede has a spectacular aura about Millipede has a spectacular aura about Millipede has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Millipede Send a message via Yahoo to Millipede
Ah man, I see this stuff all te time. I have to drive around to the area hospitals or work so I spend a lot of time in city traffic. It is getting worse every day. Just today I saw a lady do a u turn on a busy street with no regard to oncoming traffic. Luckily the guy in the really big pick up she cut off was watching her.
It is just crazy
Millipede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:38 PM   #8
Mokkori

Rep Power: 0 Mokkori will become famous soon enough Mokkori will become famous soon enough
As part of the vast right-wing conspiracy, the DMV is giving licenses to anyone who shows up no matter how awful their driving skills. This ensures that Detroit will be able to sell enough cars to keep GM in business.
Mokkori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:39 PM   #9
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 259 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
We should all put our money in GM. Investing in existing businesses always pays off.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:57 PM   #10
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Speaking of investing in GM, do you all drive American made cars or foreign made?
Old 05-15-2007, 07:01 PM   #11
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Speaking of investing in GM, do you all drive American made cars or foreign made?
I drive a GM truck and what do you drive Tbelle ?
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:10 PM   #12
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
It was assembled in the States with mostly foreign parts! It's baby blue!

Back on topic though, if you have driven through Baton Rouge lately you will see road rage rampant among the college students. It's scary to watch the behavior these children exhibit. Shaking fists, screaming, and honking horns.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:37 PM   #13
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
It was bad in FL too a few years ago. Kids would play in the street with no concern for on-coming traffic.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:32 PM   #14
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 234 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
It was bad in FL too a few years ago. Kids would play in the street with no concern for on-coming traffic.
Still the same! At least in this sub I live in the kids stand there and look at you like you have a problem for driving on the road?

I have driven in Miami a few times and those people are crazy. The signs are in "ENGLISH" maybe thats the problem? They do cut you off, yell at you, flick you off, and whatever else there is to road rage. I experienced it here last year and the biotch tried running me off the road for accidently cutting her off. She was weaving in and out of traffic and I didn't see her until I pulled in the lane.

Anyway I do believe the stats those people are crazy! I don't go there much
Old 05-15-2007, 09:09 PM   #15
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

My sister and mother were in a minor traffic incident last year. They were stopped at a traffic light and some woman on a cell ran up and hit them in the rear. Then she had the audacity to step out of her car and say, "you can't prove I hit you." Fortunately, she wound up paying for it anyway.