Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Collecting

Notices

Old 07-16-2007, 11:02 AM   #1
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
What are some of your favorite toys from your childhood?

Let's name some of our favorite toys from our childhoods. Do any of you collect them or still have some of them around?

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:13 AM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
That would depend on the age as to the toy. Slingshots, BB guns and Hot Wheels for a while then came fishing and after that girls after that I can not think of much maybe real guns and hunting.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:16 AM   #3
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Here's a favorite!Click image for larger version

Name:	Liddle Kiddle.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	997 I adored Liddle Kiddles! This is just one of many different ones!!!

Jennifer Aniston
Old 07-16-2007, 11:16 AM   #4
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Mine was a piece of rope and a bag of rice.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:31 AM   #5
LSU

Rep Power: 0 LSU is a jewel in the rough LSU is a jewel in the rough LSU is a jewel in the rough LSU is a jewel in the rough
Cool

Well i would say the original nintendo, mainly Mike Tysons Punch Out or Kung Fu(because that was the only games we had. Does a bicycle count
LSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:34 AM   #6
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaker720
Mine was a piece of rope and a bag of rice.
Guess I'm not very imaginative. What did you do with those?

Jennifer Aniston
Old 07-16-2007, 03:13 PM   #7
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Okay Pokie, where I lived as a child we had alot of pidgeons. So I would make me a loop in one end, put it out in the yard and put some rice or bread inside the loop. I would take the other end of the rope and hide inside our shed at the back of the house. When a pidgeon would go in the loop I would jerk it to catch him. The bird would fly and I had the other end of the rope yelling DADDY! He would come out laughing because I would not let that rope go. He would put the pigeon in a bird cage, when I wasn't looking he would let it go and tell it got out, so off I'd go with the rope and the rice again. I would sit out there for hours waiting on a pidgeon. It taught me patience.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:33 PM   #8
howela
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold
Old toys

Everyone had a "slinky" didn't they? And an "eight ball". And what about those damn paddle and attached ball on a rubber band? I couldn't work that any better than I could the "hula hoop", but I had both at one time or another.

Never played with rope and rice but we did play a game in the woods called "three steps to Germany." The little kids would hide and the big kids would find us and question us.... ( which included some roughing up ) I never understood the game and it went out of style by the time I was old enough to be one of the "Germans".
howela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:30 PM   #9
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaker720
Okay Pokie, where I lived as a child we had alot of pidgeons. So I would make me a loop in one end, put it out in the yard and put some rice or bread inside the loop. I would take the other end of the rope and hide inside our shed at the back of the house. When a pidgeon would go in the loop I would jerk it to catch him. The bird would fly and I had the other end of the rope yelling DADDY! He would come out laughing because I would not let that rope go. He would put the pigeon in a bird cage, when I wasn't looking he would let it go and tell it got out, so off I'd go with the rope and the rice again. I would sit out there for hours waiting on a pidgeon. It taught me patience.
Well that is something I've never heard of Pie. I would have been to chicken to try it. I think the scariest thing I ever did was shimmy across a sewage plant pipe to the other side and thank the lord I didn't fall in! I only did this because my big brother did!

Jennifer Aniston
Old 07-16-2007, 10:54 PM   #10
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Name:  chatty_cathy_doll_small.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  5.8 KB

I loved my Chatty Cathy doll! You pulled a string in her back and she could say all kinds of things like...." I love my mommy."

Jennifer Aniston
Old 07-17-2007, 01:00 AM   #11
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
I had this Nerf Tri-Plane, you know, a Fokker (no jokes, please), just like the "Red Baron" flew. I loved the damn thing, but it didnt fly worth a crap. Legos, and modeling clay, had a blast with those. And of course, the toy guns. Had this one toy gun in particular, was clip-fed, and shot these white plastic lozenge- shaped projectiles...been lookin for one of those ever since. Guess they dont make em anymore. Slinkies sucked, you could never get em to go down the stairs by themselves as they were advertised to do, which we all concluded to be bullsh*t. But some of the best stuff was what ya made yourself. If ya had a pocket knife, you'd just hunt around for a block of wood and whittle somethin out of it...sometimes it turned out great, sometimes it didnt, but it was fun gettin there.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:03 AM   #12
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Barbies!!!! Lots and Lots of Barbies. I am sure JoePole probably played with them too!

Name:  barbie.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  2.1 KB
Old 07-17-2007, 08:07 AM   #13
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Barbies!!!! Lots and Lots of Barbie's. I am sure JoePole probably played with them too!

So you where a pageant girl from get to go and all this time I thought you played with G.I. Joe. I can see why Joe would play with Barbie
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:47 AM   #14
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Click image for larger version

Name:	K2ad.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	1030
When I got a little older I ditched the dolls and began to play with bigger toys! My siblings and I would ride these all over the surrounding neighborhoods and the streets. I'm a small town girl so we just got a warning if we got caught.

Jennifer Aniston
Old 07-17-2007, 11:06 AM   #15
Leadbelly

Rep Power: 0 Leadbelly will become famous soon enough Leadbelly will become famous soon enough
Johnny Astro!

Thats a toy folks!
Leadbelly is offline   Reply With Quote