Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-05-2007, 01:06 PM   #16
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett
Liver and squid are the 2 things that gross me out more than anything. I have tried sushi and I can't think of what's in it or I won't eat it.
LOL, yeah its a REALLY good thing they don't make "liver sushi" or I'm sure I wouldn't like it! I don't like liver in any which way. But I think fried calamari is pretty darn good.

Quick story. I once had a sushi chef tell me that back in Korea when he was young, they used to eat live squid. First you take a stick and dip it into the barrel and come up with a squid and twist it round the stick and dip it in hot sauce! Then eat it! He said you could feel it move in your mouth!

I think I would have to be in Korea and not Shreveport to try that one!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:13 PM   #17
refugen3

Rep Power: 0 refugen3 is just really nice refugen3 is just really nice refugen3 is just really nice refugen3 is just really nice
oyster anyone

For me this rates right up there on the top of my list of never eat. This is the only food that I could not actually swallow. I think it could be the slimmy texture that gets me.
You know, many people are repulsed by the texture of foods not the taste.
For instance, the oyster if I remember correctly had no distinct taste.
Where as horseraddish the texture is good for me, but the taste takes my breath away. Not a "bad" taste more like a fire taste.

I guess that means fear factor is out for me! They're always fixin' that slimmy stuff. I could most likely handle the hissing cockroaches.
refugen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:15 PM   #18
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Goose Pate with Port Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
LOL, yeah its a REALLY good thing they don't make "liver sushi" or I'm sure I wouldn't like it! I don't like liver in any which way. But I think fried calamari is pretty darn good.

Quick story. I once had a sushi chef tell me that back in Korea when he was young, they used to eat live squid. First you take a stick and dip it into the barrel and come up with a squid and twist it round the stick and dip it in hot sauce! Then eat it! He said you could feel it move in your mouth!

I think I would have to be in Korea and not Shreveport to try that one!
Now that would make you feel good in the morning now live squid I have used for bait but never thought about sticking it in my mouth. I do love fried calamari I have seen it on sushi tray before but that might have been octopus and I do not know if it was raw or cooked. What say you rherz have you had that at a sushi bar ?
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:21 PM   #19
Neo
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 228 Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of
It all tastes like chicken, except for fish.
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:21 PM   #20
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
I do love fried calamari I have seen it on sushi tray before but that might have been octopus and I do not know if it was raw or cooked. What say you rherz have you had that at a sushi bar ?
Yes, squid at the sushi bar is cooked and therefore rather chewy (like calamari). Just what you would expect, and very similar to octopus in texture.

BTW I ate some "salmon belly" last week which is like Toro is to Maguro (Tuna) and it was very good. I had no idea I liked raw salmon because I hate it cooked so I never tried it.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:29 PM   #21
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
The only way to ever eat salmon is sushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Yes, squid at the sushi bar is cooked and therefore rather chewy (like calamari). Just what you would expect, and very similar to octopus in texture.

BTW I ate some "salmon belly" last week which is like Toro is to Maguro (Tuna) and it was very good. I had no idea I liked raw salmon because I hate it cooked so I never tried it.
When I try cooked salmon it smells like fish so I like a bit of soy and rice with that please no heat needed. I had a friend from up north bring me some salmon that was cured in salt water and some other stuff well it was nasty and it was cold so I heated some of it up and the whole house smelled like fish. Mama not so happy with Isaac
Isaac
Old 04-05-2007, 02:43 PM   #22
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
I don't eat sushi. I had a g/f a few years ago that did. She ate all kind of weird foods (i.e. sushi, squid, escargot, pocky, seaweed, etc.) and she called me a picky eater. When I was overseas on deployment, she often asked me what I had to eat because she encouraged me to try foreign foods. I'd usually just mumble for a second and say, "uh....McDonald's," and she'd get all irritated at me. But she as cute when she was mad!
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:34 PM   #23
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Can you believe I got negatives for hating squid and liver? my gosh people are something else......
Old 04-05-2007, 07:48 PM   #24
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Watch out for bagged spinach salads!

Unfortunately the absolute worst thing I have ever eaten was a green stink bug hidden inside a bag of Popeyes spinach! I never even saw it just bit right in and was totally repulsed by an indescribable bitterness! When I spit it out I couldn't believe my eyes! Where's Kirby Kelly when you need him?

Pocahontas
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:19 PM   #25
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Kirby Kelly!!!! Do I have a story about him!!!

All I can say (since he is an attorney) is watch out for him in Superior Steakhouse! He certainly provided my girlfriends and I with some entertainment to watch and laugh at.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:44 PM   #26
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
All I can say (since he is an attorney) is watch out for him in Superior Steakhouse! He certainly provided my girlfriends and I with some entertainment to watch and laugh at.
oh my im scared to ask he's the guy w/ the hat right?
Old 04-05-2007, 08:47 PM   #27
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, he is except he doesn't look like that anymore. Apparently we've lost weight, had a hair transplant or something, and maybe a little surgery!
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:56 PM   #28
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

So we would call him butt head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Yes, he is except he doesn't look like that anymore. Apparently we've lost weight, had a hair transplant or something, and maybe a little surgery!
Did they take the hair off his butt to place it on his butt head. Maybe he will not need the hat so much now. Tbelle you sound like you know him well ?
Issac
Old 04-05-2007, 09:02 PM   #29
scarlett
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by refugen3
For me this rates right up there on the top of my list of never eat. This is the only food that I could not actually swallow. I think it could be the slimmy texture that gets me.
You know, many people are repulsed by the texture of foods not the taste.
For instance, the oyster if I remember correctly had no distinct taste.
Where as horseraddish the texture is good for me, but the taste takes my breath away. Not a "bad" taste more like a fire taste.

I guess that means fear factor is out for me! They're always fixin' that slimmy stuff. I could most likely handle the hissing cockroaches.
Ok I'm with you on this one i forgot about "raw" oysters i tried it once and upon swallowing it grossed me out so bad that it came back up i know gross..... i have never tried "raw" oysters again. Now fried? I can eat them everyday as long as I don't look at them when I bite.......
Old 04-05-2007, 09:44 PM   #30
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Yeah, hell, ya can eat anything if its battered and deep fried. I always thought okra was pretty damn disgustin...got that snot-like substance in the middle.