Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-27-2006, 01:31 PM   #1
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
I-49 Projected path ?

Just wondering if anyone had any information or the where abouts of where I could find the projected path of I-49 North of Shreveport ?

I hear some folks on Old Mooringsport Rd, between Hwy 1 and Hwy 71 have received letters of intent to purchase their homes for the construction of I-49

well, got to looking.. I found this bit of info at http://www.interstate-guide.com/i-049.html

Quote:
Louisiana: Interstate 49 North

Presently Interstate 49 terminates at Interstate 20 near downtown Shreveport. Interstate 49 will shift to Louisiana 3132/Inner Loop Expressway and the western portion of Interstate 220 upon completion of the Interstate 49 corridor between Shreveport and Arkansas. There will be no continuation of the in-city routing of Interstate 49 northward as the highway will bypass the city to the west. The existing segment of Interstate 49 between the symmetrical stack interchange at Louisiana 3132 to Interstate 20 will have to be renumbered. It is possible that this may become Interstate 149. Interstate 49 will depart Interstate 220 from a new interchange one mile to the west of the current U.S. 71/Louisiana 1 interchange (Exit 7).1
so I'm reading that to say the exit from 220 onto I49 would be like on your left of North Market(71/1), if you were heading North out of town ?
but then at some point I-49 would cross over Market St(hwy1-71) (just trying to make sense of the houses that received those letters of their homes being purchased for I-49 path....

Last edited by LateNight; 11-27-2006 at 01:39 PM.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote