Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2007, 09:14 PM   #38
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 247 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett
Does anyone remember stretch armstrong? Or the clackers that were made out of some type of glass in the 60's? They were gorgeous and stopped making them I assume due to the danger of them cracking. I know I had a couple of them now they are plastic and not the same.

http://www.bigredtoybox.com/articles/stretchindex.shtml

I found this about the clackers and the description is to the T

I want to know the name of this 1970's toy. It was comprised of a plastic ring. To the ring were secured two strings. Each string was in turn connected to a glass sphere. The object was to hold the ring and flip your wrist in order to make the two glass balls strike each other. This made a clicking sound. Shortly after marketing, the toy was recalled because the glass balls were breaking and causing injuries to eyes.
Oh man, "Stretch Armstrong" was great...I never had one myself but a friend did. And wasnt there another "stretch" character, some green monster guy that was supposedly Stretch Armstrong's arch enemy? I vaguely recall the clacker toy you refer to, Scarlett, but Im kinda fuzzy on that.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote