Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Local News

Notices

Old 05-09-2007, 09:07 AM   #61
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 259 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Hahahaha, "so careless."

DRIVING 5 BLOCKS WITHOUT A CAR SEAT IS PRACTICALLY A DEATH SENTENCE!!!!

>Your intention and frequency are why you're an unfit parent

So frequently doing something that endangers the life of a child make you an unfit parent? So 100% of parents are unfit?

I'm still curious as to why I'm an unfit parent for taking a kid 5 blocks in a car, but not an unfit parent for taking them to the pool in the first place, something that is surely more dangerous.

>If there was ever a reason to require a license before being allowed to bare/raise children, you are the ****ing poster boy.

Because my children are healthy, safe, and well-taken-care-of?

>I just did,

You did not.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:27 AM   #62
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 259 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Wow, I found a worse parent than myself.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1811
Old 05-09-2007, 01:54 PM   #63
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
Nope, playing with a defanged and devenomed snake is harmless fun. How's the child going to get hurt? Poor snake.... Peta would be all over this if it happened in America.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 02:41 PM   #64
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 262 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Yikes! Are they trying to teach the kid that snakes are harmless?
Old 05-10-2007, 06:14 AM   #65
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Hahahaha, "so careless."

DRIVING 5 BLOCKS WITHOUT A CAR SEAT IS PRACTICALLY A DEATH SENTENCE!!!!
For a child under the age of 6 and less than 60 pounds not in a car seat, the first and only car crash IS usually fatal....hence the law.
Quote:
So frequently doing something that endangers the life of a child make you an unfit parent? So 100% of parents are unfit?
100% of parents do not intentionally and habitually endanger the life of their child.

You've gone from childish excuses to outright lies.
Quote:

I'm still curious as to why I'm an unfit parent for taking a kid 5 blocks in a car, but not an unfit parent for taking them to the pool in the first place, something that is surely more dangerous.
Because there's a difference between a phobia and an adamant refusal to obey the law coupled with pure unadulterated negligence on your part.
Quote:

Because my children are healthy, safe, and well-taken-care-of?
Your children ARE NOT SAFE. You intentionally place their lives in mortal danger at least once a week without any sign of remorse.
Quote:
You did not.
Then how come you're the ONLY dumbass saying this is an acceptable parenting practice out of ALL the adults on this forum?
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:39 AM   #66
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

>For a child under the age of 6 and less than 60 pounds not in a car seat, the first and only car crash IS usually fatal....hence the law.

Then why are there so few deaths per year as a result? NHTSA says that in 2005 there were 450 deaths of children under age 5 as a result of motor vehicle accidents, 151 from unrestrained children. In 2004 (don't have 2005 data available) there were 430 drowning deaths in that same age bracket, despite the fact that there had to be millions of more opportunities to die in a car wreck than to drown.

Also, most car crashes for any age group and any level of restraint are non-fatal, I don't know where you pulled that from.

So how, exactly, am I a bad parent for doing something relatively safe (driving with the kid unrestrained) but not for doing something relatively dangerous (taking her to the pool)?

>100% of parents do not intentionally and habitually endanger the life of their child.

Yes, they do. Anyone that does anything with their child endangers its life.

>Your children ARE NOT SAFE. You intentionally place their lives in mortal danger at least once a week without any sign of remorse.

My children are at an acceptable level of safety. I place their lives in mortal danger every minute of every day, just as does every parent on the planet does to their children.

I've never argued that car seats aren't safer than no car seats, I've only argued that they protect against such an unlikely event that failure to use them (especially for a short, slow drive home) doesn't constitute enough of a danger to warrant consideration.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:27 AM   #67
sportgirl

Rep Power: 0 sportgirl will become famous soon enough sportgirl will become famous soon enough
WOW! I just found this forum and began to read this thread, and I am in complete shock!

I mean being stubborn about being right over something as foolish as endangering your child?? Come on now.

Sure taking your child to the pool poses a risk of injury or death, BUT I would hope that a good parent would ensure that if the child was of an age that their abilities to swim were not developed, that they would make floaties or a life vest and absolute MUST. I would hope that the parent would watch their child while in the pool CONTINUOUSLY!!!! I would also hope they have the knowledge of CPR and simple life saving procedures, or that they have made sure there is someone there that does know this. Otherwise this parent would be endagering their child without taking all precautions necessary to try their BEST from keeping their child from getting hurt.

In the case of driving without your child in the car seat, no matter what distance and/or speed, this is lacking on the parental part for taking ALL precautions necessary to ensure your child's safety.

I'm not saying that you should never take your kids anywhere, I'm saying as a good parent you are to provide every bit of precautionary measure
to ensure that you keep your child safe. That is good parenting.

Here are some other statistics for you just in case you still don't see the light:

(www.lawcore.com) For those in the age group of 1 to 30 years, the leading cause of death is due to being involved in a car accident. In more than half of all car accident fatalities, the deceased were found not to be wearing their seat belts at the time of the crash. Even with seat belts being mandatory, a vast majority of people choose to disregard this safety precaution and end up losing their lives because of it.

(www.cdc.gov) Child safety seats reduce the risk of death in passenger cars by 71% for infants, and by 54% for toddlers ages 1 to 4 years (NHTSA 2006b).

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration recommends booster seats for children until they are at least 8 years of age or 4'9" tall (NHTSA 2006d).

For children 4 to 7 years, booster seats reduce injury risk by 59% compared to safety belts alone (Durbin et al. 2003).

I really hope that you take into consideration your child's life. No matter what you say in this forum, I bet the next time you take your child to the pool, you think long and hard before you choose not to put your child in the carseat. Hopefully you choose to do such a simple task & help protect your child.
sportgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:16 AM   #68
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
>Then why are there so few deaths per year as a result? NHTSA says that in 2005 there were 450 deaths of children under age 5 as a result of motor vehicle accidents, 151 from unrestrained children. In 2004 (don't have 2005 data available) there were 430 drowning deaths in that same age bracket, despite the fact that there had to be millions of more opportunities to die in a car wreck than to drown.
Who would have thought that passing a car seat law would manifest itself in fewer car related deaths than a practice like swimming which has no law mandating a level of safety.....certainly not some politician who voted in favor of the law, or the constituents who voted that official into office, huh? dumbass.....

BTW, I didn't realize you considered negligent homicide, at any range, an acceptable loss. Now we can add monster to the already extensive list of adjectives used to describe what a piece of **** you are.
Quote:
So how, exactly, am I a bad parent for doing something relatively safe (driving with the kid unrestrained) but not for doing something relatively dangerous (taking her to the pool)?
You intentionally and habitually break the law in front of your children endangering their lives without any sign of remorse.

You know, Joan Crawford thought she was a good parent too, but it take a lot more than putting a meal on the table everynight, scumbag.

Quote:
Yes, they do. Anyone that does anything with their child endangers its life.
...but 100% of parents don't intentionally and habitually break the law by willfully and with full knowledge of their actions CHOOSING to ignore safety regulations mandated by law.

You sound like Santabot now trying to justify his drug use. You're breaking the law, period.
Quote:
My children are at an acceptable level of safety. I place their lives in mortal danger every minute of every day, just as does every parent on the planet does to their children.
That's YOUR acceptable standard of safety, not the one dictated by LAW, and part of the reason you are an unfit parent.

One has to wonder if he/she has ever seen a doctor , I mean the chances of her dying from a cold versus the price of a doctor visit and the cost of medication with a cheap ass piece of **** like your for a father.
Quote:
I've never argued that car seats aren't safer than no car seats, I've only argued that they protect against such an unlikely event that failure to use them (especially for a short, slow drive home) doesn't constitute enough of a danger to warrant consideration.
Translation, I'm to ****ing lazy to strap my child in and to ****ing cheap to buy a new car seat should the old one get ruined because, again, I'm to ****ing lazy to put a towel in the seat.

BTW, I'm still waiting for that contact information to turn over to the authorities. Or have you finally decided that you are INDEED intentionally and habitually breaking the law regardless of whatever childish excuses you come up with?

Last edited by BrainSmashR; 05-13-2007 at 06:37 AM.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:08 PM   #69
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

>I didn't realize you considered negligent homicide, at any range, an acceptable loss.

I don't, which is why I've never committed it.

>Or have you finally decided that you are INDEED intentionally and habitually breaking the law...?

I never denied I was breaking the law. In fact, I'm pretty sure I've said several times that I knowingly violate the law. So what? Who cares if I'm breaking the law? I'm not going to get caught and even if I did it's a nothing fine. I break laws all the time: speeding, rolling stops at red lights, ordering stuff off the Internet and not notifying the state for the proper sales/use taxes, etc. So what? Since when is the law the arbiter of what is right? The state obviously doesn't think car seats make very much difference, either, since they gave not using one a penalty less than 1/5th of the penalty they give litterers.

>but 100% of parents don't intentionally and habitually break the law by willfully and with full knowledge of their actions CHOOSING to ignore safety regulations mandated by law.

As usual, correct but irrelevant, since I never said anything about anyone breaking the law. Ignoring the law doesn't make you a bad parent any more than following the law makes you a good parent. Driving 5 blocks w/o a car seat means my kid is very, very, very, very, very likely to arrive home safely instead of very, very, very. very. very, very likely to arrive home safely. If I never left the house at all there's a very, very, very. very. very, very, very likely chance that the kid will survive, so why am I not a bad parent for taking the kid outside at all?

>In the case of driving without your child in the car seat, no matter what distance and/or speed, this is lacking on the parental part for taking ALL precautions necessary to ensure your child's safety.

If I was taking ALL precautions necessary to ensure my child's safety I would have it locked in a concrete bunker 24 hours a day. Since I have decided that risking my child's life is worth it, I have to decide in what activities she is allowed to engage. Riding 5 blocks w/o a car seat is an incredibly safe act (as evidenced by the fact that so few children are injured in this manner despite so many participating) that I allow my child to engage in. Going on a parentally supervised trip to the pool is much, much more dangerous than riding 5 blocks w/o a car seat, but I let my child do that, too, because it's still incredibly safe.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:11 PM   #70
sportgirl

Rep Power: 0 sportgirl will become famous soon enough sportgirl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportgirl
Sure taking your child to the pool poses a risk of injury or death, BUT I would hope that a good parent would ensure that if the child was of an age that their abilities to swim were not developed, that they would make floaties or a life vest and absolute MUST. I would hope that the parent would watch their child while in the pool CONTINUOUSLY!!!! I would also hope they have the knowledge of CPR and simple life saving procedures, or that they have made sure there is someone there that does know this. Otherwise this parent would be endagering their child without taking all precautions necessary to try their BEST from keeping their child from getting hurt.

In the case of driving without your child in the car seat, no matter what distance and/or speed, this is lacking on the parental part for taking ALL precautions necessary to ensure your child's safety.

I'm not saying that you should never take your kids anywhere, I'm saying as a good parent you are to provide every bit of precautionary measure
to ensure that you keep your child safe. That is good parenting.
I'm not sure what part of this you didn't read, but since you seem to be intensely focused on the part about you taking your daughter to the pool, I posted this in order to sort of help you re-evaluate what we were trying to say.

It seems to me that I might have to say it ANOTHER way:

Choosing to go 5 blocks without your child in a car seat is the same as throwing a 2 year old into a pool without a life jacket.
THE CHILD NEEDS THE EXTRA PROTECTION THAT A CAR SEAT OR LIFE JACKET GIVES!

How lazy of a person can you be?? I mean really. Have you not heard of a washing machine?? You do know the carseat covers come out?? What about towels???

Oh, but wait, no one else in this forum knows what they are talking about--I forgot...only you do.

For the rest of us that do intend to buckle in children, even if for 5 blocks in a residential community I think we can all agree that this is a lost cause, and the best thing we can do for this child is pray that nothing happens and that ignorant parents grow up.
sportgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 05:46 AM   #71
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
I don't, which is why I've never committed it.
I didn't say you were guilty of the crime, stupid. I said you considered loss due to negligent homicide acceptable and unlikely. Isn't that the EXACT excuse you gave for not strapping your child in....playing the odds with her life you piece of ****.

Quote:
never denied I was breaking the law. In fact, I'm pretty sure I've said several times that I knowingly violate the law. So what? Who cares if I'm breaking the law?
You mean besides the police who you continue to hide your actiosn from and EVERY SINGLE PERSON with the exception of you that's posted on this topic?

I find it equally disturbing that your wife is as careless. Do you beat her into submission or do you just smoke crack and neglect the child together?
Quote:

I'm not going to get caught and even if I did it's a nothing fine. I break laws all the time: speeding, rolling stops at red lights, ordering stuff off the Internet and not notifying the state for the proper sales/use taxes, etc. So what? Since when is the law the arbiter of what is right? The state obviously doesn't think car seats make very much difference, either, since they gave not using one a penalty less than 1/5th of the penalty they give litterers.
1. Are we supposed to be surprised that a piece of **** callous enough to gamble with the life of his child is ALSO doesn't give a **** about obeying other laws?

2. The Law has the been the arbiter of what is right and wrong since the term "law" was invented.

Law:
1 a (1) : a binding custom or practice of a community : a rule of conduct or action prescribed or formally recognized as binding or enforced by a controlling authority
Quote:

As usual, correct but irrelevant, since I never said anything about anyone breaking the law. Ignoring the law doesn't make you a bad parent any more than following the law makes you a good parent. Driving 5 blocks w/o a car seat means my kid is very, very, very, very, very likely to arrive home safely instead of very, very, very. very. very, very likely to arrive home safely. If I never left the house at all there's a very, very, very. very. very, very, very likely chance that the kid will survive, so why am I not a bad parent for taking the kid outside at all?
Well if habitual criminal activity doesn't make you an unfit parent, how about testing your theory out by providing me with contact information for the authorities.

Typical **** talker.

Quote:

If I was taking ALL precautions necessary to ensure my child's safety I would have it locked in a concrete bunker 24 hours a day. Since I have decided that risking my child's life is worth it, I have to decide in what activities she is allowed to engage. Riding 5 blocks w/o a car seat is an incredibly safe act (as evidenced by the fact that so few children are injured in this manner despite so many participating) that I allow my child to engage in. Going on a parentally supervised trip to the pool is much, much more dangerous than riding 5 blocks w/o a car seat, but I let my child do that, too, because it's still incredibly safe.
Well I certainly hope I get to meet her as an adult and show her what a careless piece of **** father she has. I'm sure that will explain the disfigurment and multiple scars she'll have to endure as a direct result of your carlessness.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:49 AM   #72
Sheba
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold
Congrats, Joepole

You have 5 pages of opposition to your stand, and you're not bending. I'm thinking you're enjoying this banter?!? Love that baby & buckle her up!
Old 05-14-2007, 06:13 AM   #73
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportgirl
I'm not sure what part of this you didn't read, but since you seem to be intensely focused on the part about you taking your daughter to the pool, I posted this in order to sort of help you re-evaluate what we were trying to say.

It seems to me that I might have to say it ANOTHER way:

Choosing to go 5 blocks without your child in a car seat is the same as throwing a 2 year old into a pool without a life jacket.
THE CHILD NEEDS THE EXTRA PROTECTION THAT A CAR SEAT OR LIFE JACKET GIVES!

How lazy of a person can you be?? I mean really. Have you not heard of a washing machine?? You do know the carseat covers come out?? What about towels???

Oh, but wait, no one else in this forum knows what they are talking about--I forgot...only you do.

For the rest of us that do intend to buckle in children, even if for 5 blocks in a residential community I think we can all agree that this is a lost cause, and the best thing we can do for this child is pray that nothing happens and that ignorant parents grow up.

Well said Sportgirl!!!

Joe, do you think you can find anybody besides your wife to agree with you?
Old 05-14-2007, 07:08 AM   #74
BrainSmashR
Banned

Sort of makes me long for the good ole days when everyone thought the worst a person could do was be an atheist who supported the 1st Amendment.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:57 AM   #75
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Are you asking for another debate Brain????????? jk