Go Back   Shreveport.com > SBLive! Groups > Louisiana Outdoors

Notices

Old 10-22-2007, 03:36 PM   #1
Blue State Bred

Rep Power: 0 Blue State Bred is a jewel in the rough Blue State Bred is a jewel in the rough Blue State Bred is a jewel in the rough Blue State Bred is a jewel in the rough
Talking So easy A 7 yr old can do it

Here you go Isaac...

Here's a picture of my seven year old son Chase with his first Buck.
Six point that weighed 183 dressed and 225 live weight. Shot with a crossbow at 23yds. Some of us northern boys start young too....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0994.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	975.6 KB
ID:	1659  

Blue State Bred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 04:11 PM   #2
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Way to go Chase!
Old 10-22-2007, 06:32 PM   #3
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue State Bred View Post
Here you go Isaac...

Here's a picture of my seven year old son Chase with his first Buck.
Six point that weighed 183 dressed and 225 live weight. Shot with a crossbow at 23yds. Some of us northern boys start young too....
Hey Chase that rocks buddy I was 15 before I made my first kill. Nothing like the first time. Congratulation to the guide too I think he may just have had more fun than Chase if that be possible. I think the guide got to relive his first kill too That is one large Pennsylvania buck. Blue State Bred
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:48 PM   #4
Blue State Bred

Rep Power: 0 Blue State Bred is a jewel in the rough Blue State Bred is a jewel in the rough Blue State Bred is a jewel in the rough Blue State Bred is a jewel in the rough
Here's another picture that gives a better idea of the size of the deer Chase shot. Of course, its two weeks before it was killed.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ICAM0288.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	722.9 KB
ID:	1662  

Old 10-24-2007, 07:18 AM   #5
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Deer season opens this Saturday Oct 27th and I hope I have some photos to post to this thread. The trail cams have really changed deer hunting. Great photos.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:59 AM   #6
Blue State Bred

GUNS?????

We'll still be slinging sticks with blades until Nov 26th......

Here's another trail cam shot and one of a proud dad...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ICAM0226.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	1667  

Name:	100_0158_edited.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	396.6 KB
ID:	1668  

Old 10-25-2007, 01:51 PM   #7
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
GUNS?????

We'll still be slinging sticks with blades until Nov 26th......

Here's another trail cam shot and one of a proud dad...
I think the guide is much happier than the young hunter.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:13 PM   #8
Blue State Bred

More proud definitely... Happier... Not so sure... Its pretty bad when a seven year old is talking trash be cause he killed his and I haven't yet...

We took it to the taxidermist Tuesday night and while I'm still proud... My wallets a bit thinner. I guess that's something you'd know about after this weekend, wouldn't ya Isaac???
Old 10-25-2007, 02:49 PM   #9
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
More proud definitely... Happier... Not so sure... Its pretty bad when a seven year old is talking trash be cause he killed his and I haven't yet...

We took it to the taxidermist Tuesday night and while I'm still proud... My wallets a bit thinner. I guess that's something you'd know about after this weekend, wouldn't ya Isaac???
Isaac has yet to see what this season has to offer. It was late Nov last year before the killing field started to yield her bounty. How much for a deer head to be hung on the wall ?
Old 10-25-2007, 02:59 PM   #10
Blue State Bred

$575.... I did get it in to a guy that only takes 15 or so a year. He's won a master's of the world title. He's a little more than other's locally but not much. The difference in the quality is stunning. I think you can see some of his work online if you search for Lou Gagliano.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:10 PM   #11
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
$575.... I did get it in to a guy that only takes 15 or so a year. He's won a master's of the world title. He's a little more than other's locally but not much. The difference in the quality is stunning. I think you can see some of his work online if you search for Lou Gagliano.
It cost me 350.00 last year and he did a very nice job. I guess everything cost more in a blue state

Name:	3-18-07 002.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	596.7 KB
ID:	1680
come here deer
Old 10-25-2007, 07:54 PM   #12
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
I'm not a deer hunter, but I do receive the occational backstrap from a friend or two. Smoked to perfection, tenderloin is hard to beat...
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote