Go Back   Shreveport.com > SBLive! Groups > Historic Photos

Notices

Old 10-12-2007, 11:53 PM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Comments on: just after marquee change

Reader comments and feedback for the just after marquee change photo.
This image is part of the Historic Photos photo gallery

I had never noticed. First vertical now horizontal.
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:54 PM   #2
j.nc
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 209 j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all
imdb relase date ofthis flick 16 January 1936. Interesting to put dates to these. Thanks for the pic.
j.nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:26 AM   #3
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Something about the Strand and its location in the city just trips me out.
I've only been to the Strand one time.. I saw Jackson Browne there a few years ago.. It was such a great night. I was really impressed by the inside of the place, had a real classic feel. Jackson Browne put on an incredible show. During the show there was a short intermission. I remember everyone gathering outside, ordering drinks at the bar on their way out. And then mingling out on the street. Many of the folks at the show were dressed to the nine's. Felt like I had briefly stepped back in time.

It reminds me of the Sangor theatre in New Orleans. Really old looking on the outside, classy as heck on the inside.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 07:32 PM   #4
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Note from the traffic light here that both Crockett and Louisiana were two-way streets.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 07:36 PM   #5
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Also note that the 1936 photo doesn't have streetcar cables, but the 1955 photo does.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote