Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-13-2007, 07:46 AM   #31
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
If you guys need a few pointers to help with your ladies read Nicholas Sparks.
He wrote The Notebook (made into a hit movie) and The Wedding. Of course I almost felt like I was reading fantasy instead of fiction because I didn't know a man could write with such a romantic flair and grasp for female emotions. Okay now I'm sure I just scared you all off! Oh well...

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:17 AM   #32
guitarman
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 213 guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold
Letter To My Girlfriend

I wants to know what your doin tonight
Wish I could see if everything was alright
Hold you long in my arms until its light
Your smilin face would make a wonderful sight
I wants to be with ya, love with ya, eat with ya, sleep with ya, stay with me all of my life

I loved ya darlin when you was only sixteen
Was the sweetest thing to enter my dream
When were together then my life is fulfilled
I love you darlin I know I always will
I wants to be with ya, love with ya, eat with ya, sleep with ya, stay with me all of my life

I close my letter but never my love
Take it there to ya heaven above
Get me back to you safe and sound
The day that I leave the prisoners ground
I wants to be with ya, love with ya, stay with ya, sleep with ya all of my life

Stevie Ray Vaughan lyrics
guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 01:16 PM   #33
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
If you guys need a few pointers to help with your ladies read Nicholas Sparks.
He wrote The Notebook (made into a hit movie) and The Wedding. Of course I almost felt like I was reading fantasy instead of fiction because I didn't know a man could write with such a romantic flair and grasp for female emotions. Okay now I'm sure I just scared you all off! Oh well...
They were showing the notebook on the flight back from my honeymoon. The stewardess walked up and down the aisle passing out kleenex.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:11 PM   #34
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
>I didn't know a man could write with such a romantic flair and grasp for female emotions.

He just thinks like a man. Then removes all reason and accountability.

Also, "The Notebook" lost its opening weekend to "White Chicks" so I'm not sure if it counts as a "hit movie."
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:23 PM   #35
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
>I didn't know a man could write with such a romantic flair and grasp for female emotions.

He just thinks like a man. Then removes all reason and accountability.

Also, "The Notebook" lost its opening weekend to "White Chicks" so I'm not sure if it counts as a "hit movie."

I just figured he was gay or metro to write like that. After reading the book jacket he is married so definitely metro. Okay now who on this board saw The Notebook and who saw White Chicks? Come on now fess up!!
I've only seen The Notebook no way could I sit through White Chicks after seeing the previews.Very lame!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:45 PM   #36
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
I was fortunate enough to see neither.

I want to make sure I'm not being misunderstood to be saying that popularity has anything to do with quality. I'm sure "White Chicks" was terrible.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:01 PM   #37
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Quote:

I want to make sure I'm not being misunderstood to be saying that popularity has anything to do with quality. I'm sure "White Chicks" was terrible.
I've seen both. The Notebook for the win. The guy in the seat across the aisle from us was openly sobbing, holding his blue airline blanket up to his cheeks to catch the tears.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 05:24 PM   #38
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:

Joe you assume that White Chicks was terrible and I assumed you liked White Chicks but I can see we are both wrong.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote