Go Back   Shreveport.com > Support Forums > SBLive! Polls

Notices

View Poll Results: Who are you going to vote for in the runoff for Shreveport Mayor?
Jerry Jones 14 77.78%
Cedric Glover 4 22.22%
Voters: 18. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 02:27 PM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Who are you going to vote for in the runoff for Shreveport Mayor?

Jerry Jones and Cedric Glover will meet in a November 7 runoff. The winner succeeds two-term Mayor Keith Hightower.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:37 AM   #2
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Jerry Jones plans for the criminals

LOL Jones has apologized for his recent comments.. to send all our criminals to Minden or Longview !!

Quote:
"When we arrest a drug dealer or prostitute and they bond out, I want to arrest them again," Jones said in the broadcast. "And when they bond out again, arrest them again until finally they realize, 'Gee whiz, I need to move out.' If we send them to Minden, to Longview, I don't care. Just get them out of Shreveport."
makes for a good sound byte though I suppose.. "Ship out all the criminals" sounds like a good plan.

Shreveport Times
Jones apologizes for comment on Longview, Minden

KTBS
Mayoral Candidate's Comment Irks Two Cities' Mayors
Old 10-24-2006, 09:31 PM   #3
DateShreveport.com

Rep Power: 0 DateShreveport.com is on a distinguished road DateShreveport.com is on a distinguished road
Simple Tactic

Taking on crime in a political campaign is about the safest thing you can do. Felons can't vote. It looks good to the "moral majority." I wish there was more to the platform than "fight crime" and "no more good ole boy politics." Please, just a fragment of substance... please!!!
Old 10-24-2006, 09:48 PM   #4
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
LOL, well said. In an internet age of blogging and such, please change the "good ole boy" tactics of political pandering. "Substance" should win the vote 100% of the time in 2006 and beyond! Someone needs to stand up and offer the same tax breaks to you and me that are offered to General Motors, Boeing, or who ever the city wants to attract, in the name of economic development. That is when real economic developement will occur. Can't fake it. It must be real (for everyone) for it to work. If I buy a computer for my business, I shouldn't have to pay more % in "sales/use" tax or "inventory/ad valorum" tax or "property tax" than GM in my opinion. Fair is fair.
Closed Thread