Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Music

Notices

Old 06-06-2007, 02:31 PM   #1
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
What is on your Ipod?

For those of you with an Ipod or those who wish you had one, what is on your playlist?

On mine, it is a hodgepodge of everything. A little Rod Stewart, Celine Dion, Backstreet Boys, Phantom of the Opera soundtrack, Christian music, Toby Keith, and on and on the list could go.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:11 PM   #2
guitarman
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 213 guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold
I love some Jazz when I am on a road trip. I like some blues and delta blues when I am in town. Ever listen to Betty Lewis she is good and has a disc out here in town. She use to play at Noble Savage. Blue Birds are good and Johnny Lee Hooker and Lightin Hopkins. Stevie Ray Vaughn and Robert Cray are nice too. Ray Charles is good and some B.B. King for the evening. I am sure my taste are different and I would love to hear what the other people like to listen to. Nice thread
guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:20 PM   #3
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Betty Lewis and the Executives ?

Old 97's
Grateful Dead (best when programming)
Graham Parker
Southside Johnny & The Asbury Jukes

Little Steven a.k.a Miami Steve a.k.a Silvio a.k.a Steven Van Zandt
Gary U.S. Bonds
The Replacements --> Paul Westerberg --> Bash & Pop
Jayhawks
Keith Richards
Lightnin' Hopkins
Lucinda Williams
Paula & the Pontiacs
Sam Cooke
Buddy Holly

Blues in general.. especially Delta style and or acoustic blues in general.
like the occassional Cajun music.

SUPPORT LOCAL MUSIC
Bluebirds
A-Train
David Egan
Kenny Bill
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:40 AM   #4
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Chet Atikins to chill with and Doc Watson. David Gilmour and Mark Knofler both play a mean guitar. In the younger days riding down I-20 to LTU listening to Boston, Kansas and Steve Miller Band so I like to have those on hand to listen to. Nice how music can take us back to a place and time in life that brings a warm smile
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:51 PM   #5
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
I don't even own an iPod!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 06:31 AM   #6
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
No Ipod here either, but I DO have an external 120gig harddrive with USB support. Works on every PC with a USB port and I literally have everything on there. Backed up movies, music, pictures, games.....everything.

Designed with a smaller hard drive inside (2.5-inch) to offer up to 120 GB of portable storage in a sleek and very small footprint for your desk, the Seagate Portable External Hard Drive is the smallest desktop external hard drive offered by any of the leading hard disc drive suppliers. This high-capacity, USB bus-powered portable external drive offers low power consumption, high shock tolerance and a compact footprint - it's the ultimate solution for consumers and business travelers who want to take their digital content with them.

Features

* Device Type: External Hard Drive
* Capacity: 120 GB
* Connectivity: 4 pin USB, 6 pin FireWire

* Buffer: 8MB
* Warranty: 1 Year Warranty

The dimensions are about 4x6x1 and a 24" USB cable with two plugs. Some older USB ports don't supply enough juice to fully power the HD, so they give you a second USB specifically for power. This second line will not transmit data and should only be used if the HD doesn't function properly with just plug #1. I paid about 170 but I imagine they are down in the 120's now because there are considerably larger external HD's out now.
Attached Images

BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:22 AM   #7
Leadbelly

Rep Power: 0 Leadbelly will become famous soon enough Leadbelly will become famous soon enough
Pixies
Alice in Chains
Rancid
STP
Soundgarden
Last Stand
Black Flag
Minutemen
Social Distortion
Wilco
Slobberbone
old 97's
Son Volt
Jr Brown
Victoria Williams
Nazarath
Little Feat
Leadbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:57 AM   #8
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I love music and I love to know others musical taste it says so much about the individual. This is a good thread. Shine on crazy diamond.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:22 PM   #9
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
I love music and I love to know others musical taste it says so much about the individual. This is a good thread. Shine on crazy diamond.
LOL , yup, let's me know, that Guitarman is very cool, and that leadbelly can't be all bad, seeing how he's got some OLD 97's on his iPOD and Wilco and Sun Volt

ROCK ON TGIF :YES: I feel a drink coming on.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:58 AM   #10
Leadbelly

Rep Power: 0 Leadbelly will become famous soon enough Leadbelly will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
LOL , yup, let's me know, that Guitarman is very cool, and that leadbelly can't be all bad, seeing how he's got some OLD 97's on his iPOD and Wilco and Sun Volt

ROCK ON TGIF :YES: I feel a drink coming on.
Not all bad but mostly bad!

I forgot to mention the Clash, Drive by Truckers and Uncle Tupalo
Old 06-11-2007, 10:53 AM   #11
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbelly
Not all bad but mostly bad!

I forgot to mention the Clash, Drive by Truckers and Uncle Tupalo
The list keeps gettin' better. Sounds like you got a few of the No Depression genre on that list of yours.. Ever listen to the Jayhawkes ?
Old 06-11-2007, 11:36 AM   #12
guitarman
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 213 guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
The list keeps gettin' better. Sounds like you got a few of the No Depression genre on that list of yours.. Ever listen to the Jayhawkes ?
Are you talking about these Jayhawkes ?
Click image for larger version

Name:	stranded_in_the_jungle-jayhawks.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	723
guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 08:14 AM   #13
Leadbelly

Jayhawks, Oh Yea! They are great. They played here back in the day. I think at Municipal. I meet Mark Olson a couple of times. Cool guy. We opened for Victoria Williams at "Goat Fest" and he was hanging out. They are a couple. Also at the last La. Folkfest (in Monroe)We played earlier in the day and got to hang out with them. Awesome Folks!

Old 07-26-2007, 12:49 AM   #14
saranghe

Rep Power: 0 saranghe will become famous soon enough saranghe will become famous soon enough
on my 30G ipod, i have only about 5G.... alexz johnson
westlife
bsb
rascal flatts
celine dion
keith urban
jenifer pena
kelly clarkson
avril lavigne
britney spears
whitney houston
nick lachey

pff so much more..
saranghe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 06:37 AM   #15
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Hey Pokie yet another Keith Urban fan here
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cry Keith.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	197.1 KB
ID:	1184
Now what in the world would Keith have to cry about ?? He has the money and the honey and the girls just love him