Go Back   Shreveport.com > SBLive! Groups > SB Football Fans > New Orleans Saints

Notices

Old 01-01-2007, 09:49 AM   #1
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
New Orleans Saints Playoff Thread

Well, the regular season is over. Saints are in the playoffs. A team that played way beyond expectations. Finds itself in the number 2 slot in the NFC.

A situation they have never been in before. They have been to the playoffs a hand full of times in their history. But they have only won ONE playoff game ever.

When it comes to the Saints, I'm a bit superstitious, and don't like to talk about such things as playoffs. But I can barely contain my excitement for this years' team.

Next weekend is the wild card playoffs, so the Saints and the Chicago Bears have that weekend off, while they await to see who their opponents will be come the following weekend.

In the mean time I hope to use this thread to post any new Updates regarding the Saints and their playoff hopes. I invite all our local Saints fans to jump in with their support.

WHO DAT!

Quote:
NEW ORLEANS -- Any questions about how the Saints were approaching Sunday's regular season finale were answered about 40 minutes before kickoff when backup quarterback Jamie Martin could be seen warming up in earnest.

All-pro quarterback Drew Brees was nowhere to be seen, opting to remain in the locker room until shortly before kickoff against the Carolina Panthers at the Superdome.

That was clearly a sign of both how unimportant this game was to the Saints and how little New Orleans coach Sean Payton planned on playing Brees.

That the Panthers beat the Saints 31-21 was no of more significance than the outcome of a preseason game since New Orleans had clinched the NFC South title and a No. 2 seed in the playoffs before hand.

Yes, the Saints finished the season at 10-6 instead of 11-5. So what?
Full Story - Healthy Saints turn eyes toward postseason

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.php.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	72  

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 10:22 AM   #2
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Not sure.

Not sure how this works out..
But next weekend in the NFC
It's Seattle vs. Dallas in Seattle.
and
Eagles vs. Giants in Philly

if Seattle beats Dallas and the Giants beat Philly, we would play Seattle the following week ?

I think if the Eagles beat the Giants, we would play them the following week instead.

The Saints have beaten the Giants, Eagles and the Cowboys during the regular season once already....

LOL not sure I can take it !!!!

Edit: o.k. after some more reading.. is this it:
The Saints can either play the Eagles or the Dallas/Seattle winner
The Bears can either play the Giants or the Dallas/Seattle winner

Last edited by LateNight; 01-01-2007 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-01-2007, 01:48 PM   #3
Bob
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 221 Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice
The Fleur De Leap

In Green Bay they have the Lambo leap ?
well the Saints have the Fleur De Leap

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pl_844287.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	73  

Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 04:55 PM   #4
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Reggie Reggie Reggie

I was down in New Orleans when it was announced that the Saints got Reggie in the draft. People were going nuts.. that was just the beginning

Old 01-03-2007, 10:28 AM   #5
Snow Man

Rep Power: 0 Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice
Could it be the year ???

Does this bi this week count as a win ? I count it as a win. I am pumped about LSU for tonight. This could be the year for LA football. Heck Booty led USC to a big win and he is a local boy. Tail gate tonight and down to victory lane which is a warm up for the Saints walk down the same lane.
Snow Man
Snow Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:42 AM   #6
Shreveopolis

Rep Power: 0 Shreveopolis will become famous soon enough Shreveopolis will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Man
Does this bi this week count as a win ? I count it as a win. I am pumped about LSU for tonight. This could be the year for LA football. Heck Booty led USC to a big win and he is a local boy. Tail gate tonight and down to victory lane which is a warm up for the Saints walk down the same lane.
Snow Man
Sure Snow Man, I'll count it as a win.. this will be only the second time the Saints have made it into week 2 of the playoffs. First time was through a first round win, this year, the Saints get the first week off, and a chance to rest up, and plenty of practice.
Shreveopolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:21 AM   #7
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Saints Have Thomas Back, Hoping for Horn

Quote:
METAIRIE, La. (AP) -New Orleans Saints' defensive tackle Hollis Thomas and veteran receiver Joe Horn each missed the last four games of the regular season, for very different reasons.

Thomas will be back for the Saints' second-round playoff game, following a suspension. Whether Horn has recovered enough from a groin injury to play still isn't certain.

While his teammates got the first part of the week off, Thomas worked out at the Saints' training headquarters, looking fresh and fit, coach Sean Payton said Wednesday.

Thomas was suspended by the NFL, which said he failed a test for banned steroids. Thomas has denied violating NFL policies, and said the positive test resulted from substances in his asthma medication.

Now that the suspension has ended, Thomas is once again eligible to practice and play with New Orleans.

Meanwhile, Horn aggravated a previous groin injury after his first catch in a game against San Francisco on Dec. 3 and has not played since. The injury also had sidelined him for two games earlier in the season.

Saints Have Thomas Back, Hoping for Horn

Old 01-04-2007, 12:46 PM   #8
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Reggie Bush Named NFL Rookie of the Month of December

Quote:
"It is always an honor to be selected for an award such as a player of the week or a player of the month," said Bush. "But I think the most important thing that we have going right now is that we are in the postseason and getting ready to play a divisional playoff game. To be able to contribute to a division title and a first-round bye is the most important thing. We have goals that we still haven't reached yet and our focus is on those right now."
Link: Reggie Bush Named NFL Rookie of the Month of December
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	19-0L9577.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	75  

Old 01-08-2007, 09:32 AM   #9
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

The stage is set, Eagles vs Saints

The Eagles head down to New Orleans for a Saturday Night showdown in the Dome. You think that New Orleans crowd is going to be loud ?? maybe ?

Don't know if I can stand the stress, gonna be a long week. I'm gonna take a break from talking about Football for a few days.. otherwise I'll go nuts. So here's just a few last minute notes from me for a bit..

Link: Saints-Eagles Divisional Playoff Game to Be Played on Saturday at 7:00 pm CT

Link: Payton Earns Highest Coaching Honor; Named AP's Coach of the Year

Link: Recent History: A Look Back at the Saints' 27-24 Win Over Philadelphia on Oct. 15

Old 01-08-2007, 09:42 AM   #10
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Don't know if I can stand the stress, gonna be a long week

Now, now late night the Saints have a great team and as I have posted before there is no luck involved here they are a good team and good teams win because they are GOOD ! Now there is the extra player called the crowd and I am sure that they will do their part and then off to the next step in taking the big show. They WILL win and it will not be luck that gets it done. Now there is one factor to fear the dreaded "Zebra" having a bad day !
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:40 AM   #11
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Now, now late night the Saints have a great team and as I have posted before there is no luck involved here they are a good team and good teams win because they are GOOD ! Now there is the extra player called the crowd and I am sure that they will do their part and then off to the next step in taking the big show. They WILL win and it will not be luck that gets it done. Now there is one factor to fear the dreaded "Zebra" having a bad day !
Isaac
Thanks for the encouraging words there Isaac. LOL I'm gonna need something to knock me out before it's all over with.. and the dreaded Zebras.. UGHHH
Old 01-09-2007, 10:37 AM   #12
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Four more days

Time to get a front row seat for the Sat night game and this time the Saints win ! I can see the head lines now " Saints win in over time" !!!
Anybody drink to that ??
Isaac
Old 01-09-2007, 11:18 AM   #13
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Time to get a front row seat for the Sat night game and this time the Saints win ! I can see the head lines now " Saints win in over time" !!!
Anybody drink to that ??
Isaac
Yea, I'll drink to that.. or pass out to that.
If it comes down to freakin' overtime, I just don't see me handling that kind of stress. I'll have to step outside to my bar, and take a few shots.. and listen to the crowd noise or something..

Old 01-09-2007, 12:19 PM   #14
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Gooooooooooooo Saints

I thought you would like the OT comment ! Just a football game and no matter what the Saints have had a great year and have a quality staff and team. So off with the brown bags and let the black and gold roll on in to Feb with a final win ! I will do my best to keep this thread alive till Sat when you start a new one
Isaac Saxxon
Old 01-09-2007, 02:10 PM   #15
Snow Man

Rep Power: 0 Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice
Brown Bag Sat Night

Could this be the year of the Saint ? or maybe the year of the brown bag. I think the only way the brown bags would be back if the gamed was a total blow out like 50 to 3 or something like that ? Stay tuned ......
Snow Man
Snow Man is offline   Reply With Quote