Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Religion & Spirit

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you a Christian ?
Yes I am a Christian 13 68.42%
No I am not a Christian 4 21.05%
I am of another faith 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 08:28 AM   #1
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Are you a Christian ?

Post your thoughts pro or con if you dare !
Old 04-30-2007, 08:33 AM   #2
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
I most definitely am a Christian and proud of it! I would like to hear from some others that say they aren't. What or who if anybody do they worship and why? Oh goodness Isaac you've opened a can of worms!
Old 04-30-2007, 08:38 AM   #3
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
I most definitely am a Christian and proud of it! I would like to hear from some others that say they aren't. What or who if anybody do they worship and why? Oh goodness Isaac you've opened a can of worms!
Pocahontas I just wanted to see who stands where. This is American and freedom of religion is the individuals choice and this poll might just show us where this board stands. Thank you for your post I am sure by the end of the day there will be a good snapshot of what the avatars believe.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:38 AM   #4
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
I agree. This thread will definitely bring some flames up. You all know my stand already. I'm a Pagan and quite proud of it.

Although, your 2nd and 3rd options are rather synonyous, aren't they?
Old 04-30-2007, 08:40 AM   #5
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I am sure it's clear by now but just in case...I am a Christian.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:48 AM   #6
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
I agree. This thread will definitely bring some flames up. You all know my stand already. I'm a Pagan and quite proud of it.

Anime there are people like you that do have another faith. There are people that do not believe there is any kind of creator so I added it to the poll. I respect you view because you have one even if I do not agree. You do not attack others you keep a cool head unlike me at times and others on this board. I hope this might lay some of the fighting to rest by letting everyone get their thoughts off their chest and move on to threads that are fun threads instead of mean spirited thread. Thank you for your post
Old 04-30-2007, 09:18 AM   #7
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
I try to make fun threads, but no one replies to them. I wonder what happened to that other anime fan that popped up last week.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:43 AM   #8
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:

He doesn't understand they are the same thing.....look at the excuse he gave you.

Isaac, you're poll should read:
1. Christian
2. Atheist
3. Other
because that's what you're looking for

Your poll is flawed because you are either Christian or you are not Christian, likewise, you are Christian or you are of another faith.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:59 AM   #9
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
He doesn't understand they are the same thing.....look at the excuse he gave you.

Isaac, you're poll should read:
1. Christian
2. Atheist
3. Other
because that's what you're looking for

Your poll is flawed because you are either Christian or you are not Christian, likewise, you are Christian or you are of another faith.
You know I forgot to ask brain how I should have done this NOT ! You do your own poll if you "think" you know so much. The poll and the post will speak for themselves just like you when you make a post brain it says all that needs to be said about you. Glad you voiced your opinion and you voted I see .
Old 04-30-2007, 12:18 PM   #10
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
ok, nearly 50% of the people posting on this topic have questioned the accuracy of your poll and it just so happens to be a full 100% of the people who aren't christian and 25% of all of those participating in the poll....but you go right on ahead and pretend that this will prove anything more than even an idiot and rig a poll to show what he wants it to show

BTW, do I get to vote twice since I'm not a christian AND I have faith in both man and science?
Old 04-30-2007, 12:47 PM   #11
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I try to make fun threads, but no one replies to them. I wonder what happened to that other anime fan that popped up last week.
Oh yes I remember her, Sexy Sadie?! She just came and went in a flash.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:51 PM   #12
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
ok, nearly 50% of the people posting on this topic have questioned the accuracy of your poll and it just so happens to be a full 100% of the people who aren't Christian and 25% of all of those participating in the poll....but you go right on ahead and pretend that this will prove anything more than even an idiot and rig a poll to show what he wants it to show

BTW, do I get to vote twice since I'm not a Christian AND I have faith in both man and science?
Let me help you with your hanging chad man and science
vote for other faith or do not vote at all it is your choice. The answer to voting twice is NO does that help ?
Old 04-30-2007, 04:29 PM   #13
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Can I not have faith in my own beliefs and be secure with that thought? I guess you mean organized religion.. but maybe my beliefs could become a religion some day? Anyway.. I put the obvious one.

No I am not a Christian
BrainSmashR, Santabot

Old 04-30-2007, 04:41 PM   #14
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santabot
I guess you mean organized religion.. but maybe my beliefs could become a religion some day?
Dude, you're too late... The Rastafari religion beat you to it!

"Rastafari regard marijuana as a herb of religious significance. It is used in worship meetings, called reasoning sessions."
Old 04-30-2007, 04:43 PM   #15
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Dude, you're too late... The Rastafari religion beat you to it!

"Rastafari regard marijuana as a herb of religious significance. It is used in worship meetings, called reasoning sessions."
Very familiar with the Rastafari beliefs

Check out a real religion here! http://www.venganza.org/