Go Back   Shreveport.com > SBLive! Groups > Ark-la-tex Coral Reef Aquariums

Notices

Old 12-17-2007, 05:45 PM   #1
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
fish trouble

I have two true clownfish and a cinnamon clown. They were all put in around the same time, and have coexisted peacefully for months. All of a sudden one of the true clowns has started attacking the cinnamon. The cinnamon looks bad. His face is very pale. He can't get out from cover at all without being dogged by the true clown. I can't get a net on either of them. Any advice?
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:26 PM   #2
Coralman

Rep Power: 0 Coralman is a jewel in the rough Coralman is a jewel in the rough Coralman is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
I have two true clownfish and a cinnamon clown. They were all put in around the same time, and have coexisted peacefully for months. All of a sudden one of the true clowns has started attacking the cinnamon. The cinnamon looks bad. His face is very pale. He can't get out from cover at all without being dogged by the true clown. I can't get a net on either of them. Any advice?
Either catch the cinnamon or let him go the way of the tank. Mixing clowns is not a good idea. Wait until night and go in with a flashlight and a net and see if you can catch the loser. Keep the light in their eyes like a deer in the head lights. Good luck you will need it.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:34 PM   #3
j.nc
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 209 j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all
do you hear a little gong every 3 minutes?

j.nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 11:58 AM   #4
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
Get a 9 volt battery and attach it to a stick and run a wire down the stick and make a loop, then attach it to the battery and shock that crazy fish outta there.

This is how I fish on the river but with a bigger battery
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:15 PM   #5
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Can we have an update please?????
Old 12-18-2007, 08:35 PM   #6
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
The strong shall inherit the tank
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:19 PM   #7
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
I decided to let the cinnamon go "the way of the tank". I haven't seen him at all today. I just don't know what happened to precipitate this behavior change. Those guys have been like the three musketeers for months!
Old 12-18-2007, 09:58 PM   #8
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Those guys have been like the three musketeers for months!
LOL, maybe clownfish from Aquarium Concepts have some African Cichlid blood in em... Who knows what goes on in that store at night! In any case, you better find that sucker or else he will jack up your nitrates.... I used to use about 3 bamboo skewers taped together has a harpoon to remove stuff like dead fish.

As a side note, I always wanted to make a rubber band powered mini-spear gun for removing fish that have lost my affection. but I never perfected the concept....
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:21 PM   #9
j.nc
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 209 j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all
Quote:
I decided to let the cinnamon go "the way of the tank". I haven't seen him at all today. I just don't know what happened to precipitate this behavior change. Those guys have been like the three musketeers for months!
My take is cinny owed book to the clownfish family. cinnamon is now "sleeping with the fishes."

haha - sometimes i krill myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
As a side note, I always wanted to make a rubber band powered mini-spear gun for removing fish that have lost my affection. but I never perfected the concept....
What a mental picture that conjures up. Patent the idea and get it on the shelves man. I see your mini spear-gun aquarium model and also a tiny terrarium crossbow model to dispatch errant hamsters or thin overcrowded mice families.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:35 PM   #10
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.nc View Post
What a mental picture that conjures up. Patent the idea and get it on the shelves man. I see your mini spear-gun aquarium model and also a tiny terrarium crossbow model to dispatch errant hamsters or thin overcrowded mice families.

LOL, what can I say. Sometimes the needs of the many outway the needs of the one. And on occation, that one must go...

I forgot to mention the good part. My idea was to take a small fishing hook and straighten it out flat so that it is needle shaped with a barb on the end. tape that to the tip of the spear. Even if I do not get a "good kill", then I could just reel him in!
Old 12-18-2007, 10:45 PM   #11
j.nc
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
I forgot to mention the good part. My idea was to take a small fishing hook and straighten it out flat so that it is needle shaped with a barb on the end. tape that to the tip of the spear. Even if I do not get a "good kill", then I could just reel him in!
Oh, believe me, couldn't picture it any other way - all the way to the reeling the little fellahs' in bit... but must say the reuse of the hook is novel and innovative and could save on production costs.

Last edited by j.nc; 12-18-2007 at 10:59 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:14 AM   #12
Morpheus
Advanced Member

The cinnamon is still hanging on. He has become a nocturnal subterranean cave fish. I saw him last night hanging out inside the big leather. I'm hoping the whole thing will blow over, but if not I'll be off to Wal Mart for some bamboo skewers, rubber bands and fish hooks. Hey Rhertz, you DON'T have a patent on that idea do you?
Old 12-19-2007, 09:07 AM   #13
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
Hey Morph. I think you need more cowbell!!
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 01:35 PM   #14
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Hey Rhertz, you DON'T have a patent on that idea do you?
Nope, I'm pretty sure the idea needs further research and development. The problem as I see it is aiming. Light is defracted when it hits the surface of the water so you almost need a "glass bottom scope" of some fashion for aiming purposes. Maybe you can help me with the R&D and I'll share the patent with you guys....
Old 12-19-2007, 02:35 PM   #15
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
You go Morpheus we need MORE cow bell! Love it!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote