Go Back   Shreveport.com > SBLive! Groups > SBLive! Anime

Notices

Old 01-04-2007, 09:15 AM   #1
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Cool Inuyasha Begins Anew

For the anime fans out there, you may be happy to know that Cartoon Network has begun the Inuyasha series from the beginning again. On top of this, they seem to be showing 2 episodes a night. Inyasha is such an ungodly long series that I can barely remember seeing the beginning of it.

In last night's episode, Sesshomaru was introduced and Inuyasha found the Tetsusaiga at his father's grave. Tonight's episode will be Inuyasha's first battle with Tetsusaiga against Sesshomaru. Don't miss it, even if you have seen it before!
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 05:52 AM   #2
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Probably my all-time favorite, but it doesn't come on until...what 11:30 or 12?

Tough for me to catch that when I clock in @ 7:30am.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 09:38 AM   #3
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Confidentially, I often stay up to watch it despite work the next day. It's a great anime, but LONG.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:46 AM   #4
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
TIVO. repeat after me TIVO
Watch what you want WHEN you want.

Of course I'm sure I won't be recording any anime, but to each his own.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
--Sir Winston Churchill
Rough Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 09:54 AM   #5
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

I don't mind recording my shows, but I always have this nagging feeling that I don't feel like watching them after I have them on tape.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:59 AM   #6
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
I don't mind recording my shows, but I always have this nagging feeling that I don't feel like watching them after I have them on tape.
Tape is for losers TIVO or DVR is where it's at. I had a VCR for years, I never ever recorded anything, ever.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
--Sir Winston Churchill
Old 02-15-2007, 10:02 AM   #7
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

I've heard of TIVO, but never really seen one in action. It sounds really cutting edge.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:04 AM   #8
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Quote:
I've heard of TIVO, but never really seen one in action. It sounds really cutting edge.
I held out for awhile, but as they say, it will change the way you watch t.v. and you'll wonder how you ever got along with out it.

--Sir Winston Churchill
Old 02-15-2007, 10:48 AM   #9
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Tivo has ruined me fore regular TV. It infuriates me to have to watch what is on at that exact moment (how dumb is that?) or to have to watch commercials.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:09 PM   #10
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Lol! Maybe I need to look into that then. Do they get a lot of channels? I'm obviously a Cartoon Network fan.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:42 PM   #11
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
Tivo has ruined me fore regular TV. It infuriates me to have to watch what is on at that exact moment (how dumb is that?) or to have to watch commercials.
LOL I know what you mean. I'm the say way, at our house we practically record everything on TIVO we plan to watch, even if the show is just coming on t.v... we'll let TIVO capture it for at least 15 minutes or so, so we can fast forward past the commercials

Quote:
Lol! Maybe I need to look into that then. Do they get a lot of channels? I'm obviously a Cartoon Network fan.
Whether it's a Tivo or a DVR, it's got nothing to do with channels.. that is dependent on your Cable, Satellite provider.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:46 PM   #12
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Seriously? That's awesome.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:35 PM   #13
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
There is almost as much difference between a Tivo-branded DVR and a "store brand" as there is between a store brand and nothing at all. The Tivo folks have it figured out and the off-brand cable-company-provided DVRs are, without exception, hunks of crap in comparison.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:12 PM   #14
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Do you have to subscribe to a service, or is TIVO just a machine like the DVR?
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:13 PM   #15
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Never had a DVR, but I gotta start checking into this stuff.

Anywho, back on topic. I watched Inyasha last night. Adult Swim had the two episodes where Inuyasha battled Ryukotsusei, the dragon demon that defeated Inuyasha's father. Actually Inuyasha's father, Inutaisho, won that battle, but the wound Ryukotsusei gave him during that fight later killed him, or so says Myoga. That series of events is covered in one of the movies. I never get tired of watching Inuyasha use the Backlash Wave for the first time. He totally ripped Ryukotsusei with it.