Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > World News

Notices

Old 04-17-2007, 06:52 AM   #16
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba
The Bible never advocates giving up your right to self defense or protecting your family. God is the ultimate in justice. A careful line must be drawn between premeditated murder or blind revenge and the act of having the tools to protect yourself in the line of gunfire.

Sorry, but there doesn't even seem to be an issue here!
Great post Sheba. There is no issue here for Christians just for those who CHOOSE to go against the truth of the WORD In a short time and this too will pass and "turned to ashes from within" will be the fate of those who CHOOSE to do Satan's bidding.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:35 AM   #17
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
On GMA, they are showing pictures of victims and telling their stories. It is truly heartbreaking. I know I don't have to ask, but let us all keep these families in our prayers and the students who survived. They are going to need uplifting in the coming weeks.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:44 AM   #18
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
On GMA, they are showing pictures of victims and telling their stories. It is truly heartbreaking. I know I don't have to ask, but let us all keep these families in our prayers and the students who survived. They are going to need uplifting in the coming weeks.
If not for the Grace of God there go I ! Yes prayer for the families and friends.
I think we can see how one person with their anger and evil spirits can make life miserable for many others. It is truly heartbreaking and it is time for the people of America to wake up and pray to our Father as a nation.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:47 AM   #19
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Updated News Story

A new story has been added to the "Read More" section of this topic, as follows

CNN -- Apr 17 2007 7:47 AM
Virginia Tech president: Shooter was Asian student
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:59 AM   #20
sbl_admin
Administrator

Post Updated News Story

ABC NEWS -- Apr 17 2007 7:59 AM
World Reacts to U.S. University Shooting
Old 04-17-2007, 08:26 AM   #21
sbl_admin
Administrator

Post Updated News Story

CBS News -- Apr 17 2007 8:26 AM
Shock And Outrage After Va. Tech Massacre
Old 04-18-2007, 07:36 AM   #22
sbl_admin
Administrator

Post Updated News Story

CNN -- Apr 18 2007 7:36 AM
Shooter showed 'big warning signs,' students say
Old 04-18-2007, 11:14 AM   #23
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Mini me calls today on her way to class and as she is walking in to class I give her instructions....be sure you sit close to a window from now on. Don't sit near the door and sit behind a really big guy. She said "Mom, don't worry..everybody is sitting by the windows now." Isn't that sad that the students in the country have all thought this through and are going to class looking for escape routes?
Old 04-18-2007, 01:03 PM   #24
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Due to my nature, I always look for technology to solve problems.. I'm not saying any of these are good ideas, but it is fun to speculate. Some are more serious than others.

Possible Solutions:

- Rig all buildings with harmless smoke bombs that can be set off like a fire alarm to confuse the enemy until police arrive.

- Rig guns with tiny wireless radios that only the police have the codes to so they can disable a weapon with the push of a button.

- Rig hallways to release 10,000 marbles. Could use this in combination with a smoke bomb to confuse the bad guys and give the cops time to show up.

- Arm students with water balloons filled with slippery dish soap instead of just water. That might slow a bad guy down and save lives. Actually standard mace or tazers might save lives if everyone is armed with one.

- Arm teachers just like airline pilots. Then make classroom doors bulletproof like cockpit doors.

- Just knock everyone out with "sleep gas". When students wake, they are all safe. When the bad guy wakes, he has 10 guns pointed at his head.

- Make windows electronic to block out all light, then cut the power. Unless the perp has night vision goggles, everyone would be blinded until the cops arrive.

- Rig an alarm to play Rosie O'Donnell audio really loud until the police arrive. *jk*

- Police could loan the universities their license plate scanning Helicopter which can solve any problem, even when it comes up empty handed. *jk*
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:35 PM   #25
Sheba
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Due to my nature, I always look for technology to solve problems.. I'm not saying any of these are good ideas, but it is fun to speculate. Some are more serious than others.

Possible Solutions:

- Rig all buildings with harmless smoke bombs that can be set off like a fire alarm to confuse the enemy until police arrive.

- Rig guns with tiny wireless radios that only the police have the codes to so they can disable a weapon with the push of a button.

- Rig hallways to release 10,000 marbles. Could use this in combination with a smoke bomb to confuse the bad guys and give the cops time to show up.

- Arm students with water balloons filled with slippery dish soap instead of just water. That might slow a bad guy down and save lives. Actually standard mace or tazers might save lives if everyone is armed with one.

- Arm teachers just like airline pilots. Then make classroom doors bulletproof like cockpit doors.

- Just knock everyone out with "sleep gas". When students wake, they are all safe. When the bad guy wakes, he has 10 guns pointed at his head.

- Make windows electronic to block out all light, then cut the power. Unless the perp has night vision goggles, everyone would be blinded until the cops arrive.

- Rig an alarm to play Rosie O'Donnell audio really loud until the police arrive. *jk*

- Police could loan the universities their license plate scanning Helicopter which can solve any problem, even when it comes up empty handed. *jk*
So love the creativity
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:37 PM   #26
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:

Possible Solutions:

smoke bombs that can be for rhertz to chill out with To much caffeine for lunch to day buddy
Old 04-18-2007, 06:24 PM   #27
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

I think he was just smoking some crack or weed.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:27 PM   #28
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba
So love the creativity
Thanks, the act is so horrible and unthinkable, I guess this is how my brain deals with it. I'm not sure "fun" was the right word. but wouldn't it be nice if this situation could have been avoided?
Old 04-18-2007, 06:30 PM   #29
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
I think he was just smoking some crack or weed.
Who me? yeah I had two cups of coffee today, but sorry no drugs.. I do loosen up after a martini though!

But seriously I'm sure many people think a particular invention is stupid such as a "personal computer", until after it catches on. Then the inventor is genius all of a sudden!
Old 04-18-2007, 06:34 PM   #30
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Who me? yeah I had two cups of coffee today, but sorry no drugs.. I do loosen up after a martini though!

But seriously I'm sure many people think a particular invention is stupid such as a "personal computer", until after it catches on. Then the inventor is genius all of a sudden!
How about a Cosmo? Now that's a great way to loosen up!!! Do we have a smiling drinking a cosmo?

Seriously though someone is going to have to come up with a way to protect the children in the classroom and you might be on to something with one of your ideas. You never know.