Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Politics

Notices

Old 05-16-2007, 12:26 PM   #61
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Well I can't think of a witty comeback for that one and I'm kinda pressed for time now.

So I'll just say your level of intelligence is not representative of the entire group, and in fact is SO much lower than average that it's pulls the entire collective down.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 12:31 PM   #62
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Well I can't think of a witty comeback for that one and I'm kinda pressed for time now.

So I'll just say your level of intelligence is not representative of the entire group, and in fact is SO much lower than average that it's pulls the entire collective down.
You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that reality forgot. Time for you to go back to work. Enjoyed the lunch
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 01:40 PM   #63
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
>Is it equally ludicrous to assume the first 10 are SOOOOO much more important than the others that they were set aside and even given a special name?

Yes. They were never "set aside." They were colloquially named "The Bill of Rights" because they were all passed together and had a common purpose: to enumerate rights of the people that are, under no circumstances to be violated or misconstrued. There is no legal difference between the first ten and the rest, the first ones have a collective name because they share a common history and purpose, just as the 13th-15th are known as the "Reconstruction Amendments."

Can you cite court precedent that supports your idea that the first ten are in order of importance? The 9th and 10th are arguably the most important ones, I'm curious as to why they would be stuck at "the end" behind things like prohibition of troop quartering and the right to civil juries.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 03:45 PM   #64
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
LAF

Yep, and I'm so thankful a good christian like you is feeding my starvation.

Too bad you aren't intelligent enough to understand you're perpetuating your own problems.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:48 PM   #65
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 272 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Oh great... It's Devil and DevilSmashr........
Hey that's funny!

I thought for a min. it was Halloween when I logged on! Trick or treat, Brain?
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 05:20 PM   #66
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
Hey that's funny!

I thought for a min. it was Halloween when I logged on! Trick or treat, Brain?
Heh I bet if geodood and animespirit were not so overworked, they could make his eyebrow wiggle. Or how about a red stiletto heel tapping him on the head!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:30 PM   #67
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Hey now rhertz and Pokie it fits him so well how could it be anything but that Satan want to be boy but just a plebe nothing more. Maybe he can not get over Halloween
Old 05-16-2007, 06:34 PM   #68
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 247 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Expert:

1 obsolete : EXPERIENCED
2 : having, involving, or displaying special skill or knowledge derived from training or experience
synonym see PROFICIENT

You "might" notice that neither a degree nor the penning of a book are requiremenst for one to be considered an expert an any given field but rather knowledge, training, and experience. What was that you were saying about walking right into something, superstupid?

O, and you think they made it the SECOND amendment because it's NOT the most important one? BTW, there's a difference between owning a gun and owning a concealed weapons permit in 14 states, puss.

Like I said, I've seen what passes for intelligence over here.

The Second Amendment IS the most important, because it ensures that we retain all of our OTHER rights. There wouldnt BE any rights without it! Get it, genius? Now, as for you bein a self-styled "expert", bout the only thing you're "expert at is bein an obnoxious, maladjusted horse's ass...well, ok, that and whackin it to homoerotic pics on the internet! Gotta give credit where its due, right?

Look Brain, I know you're mad at the world cuz some priest nailed ya in the keester and made ya touch his naughty parts back in your choirboy days, but its just eatin ya up inside. Do yourself a favor and get some help. Lose the chip on your shoulder. Learn some copin strategies, join a support group...anythin would be an improvement at this point. We'll all be prayin for ya. And your new avatar... ...what're ya tryin to prove, huh? That you're "bad"? Clearly its a "cry for help"...so get yourself some help, ok ace?

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 05-16-2007 at 06:50 PM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:16 PM   #69
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
If I had to pick an amendment to label as "most important" (which is kind of asinine) I'd have to go with #9.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:13 PM   #70
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
If I had to pick an amendment to label as "most important" (which is kind of asinine) I'd have to go with #9.
You must be a Beatles fan!!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:20 PM   #71
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 272 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute

You are cracking me up today!!!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:35 AM   #72
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
You must be a Beatles fan!!
Now maybe you have a point. I know what that song could do to someone that listen to it to much they would be taking all left turns
Old 05-17-2007, 06:24 AM   #73
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
The Second Amendment IS the most important, because it ensures that we retain all of our OTHER rights. There wouldnt BE any rights without it! Get it, genius? Now, as for you bein a self-styled "expert", bout the only thing you're "expert at is bein an obnoxious, maladjusted horse's ass...well, ok, that and whackin it to homoerotic pics on the internet! Gotta give credit where its due, right?
What "I get" is that ANOTHER moron doesn't know that numbers fall in sequence and 2 is ALWAYS second best to NUMBER ONE regardless of whatever bull**** excuse you can fabricate.

Of course, I've seen what passes for "intelligence" over here.

Quote:
Look Brain, I know you're mad at the world cuz some priest nailed ya in the keester and made ya touch his naughty parts back in your choirboy days, but its just eatin ya up inside. Do yourself a favor and get some help. Lose the chip on your shoulder. Learn some copin strategies, join a support group...anythin would be an improvement at this point. We'll all be prayin for ya. And your new avatar... ...what're ya tryin to prove, huh? That you're "bad"? Clearly its a "cry for help"...so get yourself some help, ok ace?
My phone number is still the same when ever you decide to test out your little theory, coward. At least ONE of us is waiting for you to grow a pair.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:11 AM   #74
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

So that's a "no?" You can't find any court precedent establishing that the Amendments are in order of importance?
Old 05-18-2007, 07:53 AM   #75
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

You can not expect the Brain to back up everything he post. Math and English and everything else are his weak subjects I think Brain may just like some of those "French Fried Po Taters" and yes he is well trained at using a sling blade he does it for the state