Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Entertainment

Notices

Old 03-21-2007, 07:35 AM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Is Britney Spears Gonna Make It This Time Around?

The pop star checked out of Promises Malibu Alcohol and Drug Rehab Treatment Facility “after successfully completing their program,” Spears’ manager, Larry Rudolph, said in a statement released by Jive Records late Tuesday.
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:30 AM   #2
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Are there any celebraties (except Weird Al Yankovic) who have not been to rehab?
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:54 AM   #3
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I think maybe you, Isaac, myself, and Neo, oh and Isabella haven't been.

Isn't it ridiculous what these people do? The scary thought to me is how many people seem to idolize her (or did). You have to wonder what really brought her to this point. Was it the fame? Was it what the fame brought to her life? Was it the people she surrounded her life with? or was it a combination of all of those factors? The girl did have a lot going for her but it's a crapshoot now if she can bring herself out of it. She has two beautiful babies who need a MOTHER. Hopefully, she will realize that and if nothing else do the right thing by her children.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:04 PM   #4
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Maybe it was that fatal kiss from Madonna

Things kind of went in the tank after that She found herself to deep in the material world and the price has been very high.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:06 PM   #5
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
I once watched a special where Weird Al spoke about how he has been one of very few celebreties who hadn't become so famous that it corrupted his whole life. He said people tried to offer him alcohol and drugs and he never gave in. Despite how corny his comedy can be and how much I despise Polka, he is actually a very respectable and funny guy.

Britney, unfortunately, gave in to the urges like many celebraties do.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:08 PM   #6
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
All these young celebrities.. to gain such fame, and such fortune at such an early age. And to get caught up in the hype machine that they do. It takes someone of a very strong will to come out on the other side of that, with any sense of normalcy.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:52 PM   #7
Neo
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 228 Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of
I think there are two options get cured off the wild turkey, or follow Anna Nicole to hereafter..
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:26 PM   #8
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Here here, Neo!

I can't agree more with you there. If I ever saw a druggie in the hospital pleading with doctors to save their life because the drugs are killing them, I'd probably have to slap them stupid for doing it to themselves to begin with.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:25 PM   #9
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I can already hear her Barbara Walters special now..

It was the fame and divorce that did this to me. And we will all want to yell.."No stupid you did this to yourself. No one forced a pill down your throat, a cigarette or joint in your hand, a drink in your hand or forced you to swallow it, no Baby it's all your responsbility." That is what I want to say to them. They never seem to fully take responsibility for their own actions. She is actually beginning to make Federline look kind of normal.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:16 PM   #10
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
There are people that become victim to their environment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
It was the fame and divorce that did this to me. And we will all want to yell.."No stupid you did this to yourself. No one forced a pill down your throat, a cigarette or joint in your hand, a drink in your hand or forced you to swallow it, no Baby it's all your responsbility." That is what I want to say to them. They never seem to fully take responsibility for their own actions. She is actually beginning to make Federline look kind of normal.
When someone slips past that event horizon they need help not a kick in the face and yes sometimes a kick in the ass but they can not help themselves. Sad but true and they missed a few turns along the way and no we can not help everybody but they put them in a spot light and they are in a bubble and when it breaks it is real bad. I am not saying she did what was right but maybe someone could have helped or even someone let her go for money in some form or another. Peace Texasbelle and more work on that avatar please..
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:21 PM   #11
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
Are there any celebraties (except Weird Al Yankovic) who have not been to rehab?
You said it!
Old 03-21-2007, 08:52 PM   #12
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
When someone slips past that event horizon they need help not a kick in the face and yes sometimes a kick in the ass but they can not help themselves. Sad but true and they missed a few turns along the way and no we can not help everybody but they put them in a spot light and they are in a bubble and when it breaks it is real bad. I am not saying she did what was right but maybe someone could have helped or even someone let her go for money in some form or another. Peace Texasbelle and more work on that avatar please..
Isaac
What about this avatar? Do you think it's going to cause me to become a product of my environment?
Old 03-21-2007, 08:57 PM   #13
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
What about this avatar? Do you think it's going to cause me to become a product of my environment?
love the avatar chickie!
Old 03-21-2007, 09:25 PM   #14
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Personally, I find it hard to sympathize with people like Spears. All that money...she could just drop off the face of the earth if she wanted, for as long as she wanted. People like her make alot of noise about how they want their privacy and the papparazi are always on their asses, but the truth is theyre publicitywhores. What a waste!
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:55 PM   #15
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett
love the avatar chickie!
Thanks, but I found an animated one so Isaac will get off my back!