Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Local News

Notices

Old 04-05-2007, 11:32 AM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Quadriplegic man arrested on molestation charges

A Bienville man who is paralyzed from the neck down is arrested on molestation charges
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:58 PM   #2
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I just have to know..been wondering since I read this story yesterday...
How does a man paralyzed from the neck down molest children? Not to make light of the situation at all but I really just don't get it.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:18 PM   #3
Neo
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 229 Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of
Not to be crude, nut how can someone paralyzed from the neck down get anything.
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:20 PM   #4
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
My question exactly. Somebody has some 'splainin to do!
Old 04-05-2007, 02:31 PM   #5
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
No kidding! What would they possibly do with the guy in jail?! It's not like incarceration is going to be too terribly disturbing to a man who can't leave a wheelchair. I just don't see HOW he could've done anything.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:48 PM   #6
refugen3

Rep Power: 0 refugen3 is just really nice refugen3 is just really nice refugen3 is just really nice refugen3 is just really nice
I've heard of mind games and mental abuse, but come on. In this case the victim couldn't have much trouble getting away!
refugen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:51 PM   #7
Neo
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 229 Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of
Not unless he had one those supercharged hoverounds.
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:11 PM   #8
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Only a guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Not unless he had one those supercharged hoverounds.
He did his nasty deeds before he had the car wreck that placed him in the chair ? If not then I too am very confused I can say that Angola is no place to be at any time and that is where they have him till trial.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:46 PM   #9
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Not to be crude, nut how can someone paralyzed from the neck down get anything.
This is what the Times had to say about it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreveport Times
"The arrests have caught the attention of The Times online readers, many of whom have questioned the validity of the allegations, given that Smudricks has been paralyzed from the neck down following a car accident five or six years ago. The alleged abuse of the children, who are under age 15, happened between January 2005 and February.

Ballance said he could not discuss specifics of the case but offered that aggravated rape has various definitions under state law.

Louisiana Revised Statutes defines aggravated rape as “a rape committed upon a person 65 years of age or older, or where the anal, oral, or vaginal sexual intercourse is deemed to be without lawful consent of the victim.” One of the circumstances that qualifies is when the sexual contact involves a victim under age 13."
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:23 PM   #10
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 247 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
There is a legal term that states that one must have the means or ability to carry out whatever crime he or she is being accused of. Help me out here, some of you armchair lawyers.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:36 PM   #11
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

The whole problem I see with this is how can a man in a wheelchair paralyzed from the neck down force ANYBODY to do ANYTHING. I don't get it. I fully understand that law. It is saying and they are specifically pointing out that it becomes forcible rape if it involves someone under the age of 13 and involves "sexual contact". But AGAIN how can you have contact with someone in his condition?
Old 04-05-2007, 08:40 PM   #12
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 234 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
I learned about this earlier this afternoon and I am just as confused as all of you. If you ever saw someone in that state you would be "is everyone blind here?" he can't do anything from the neck down........... Remember Superman?????? If so then imagine him doing this to someone. Impossible!!!