Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Poll: Should God Bless the USA replace Star Spangled Banner as our anthem?
Poll Options
Should God Bless the USA replace Star Spangled Banner as our anthem?

Old 04-23-2007, 09:36 PM   #46
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
I have sat here and read through you coming on this board today and hijacking it with your assanine opinions. You are absolutely disgusting with your attacks on each and every thread. You have done nothing but get on here and post a negative opinion against eveything you could find to say something negative against. There is only one person you could be and we all know who that is.

If you do not like the fact that this is a board of mostly Christians sharing our thoughts and opinions and respectfully sharing our opinions with others, then go away. Find somewhere else to be so hateful, mean, and rude. You are not wanted here.
So you continue to persecute gentiles who don't conform to your idiotic beliefs? Isn't that against the Holy scriptures your Lord tells you? It's comical how the fundamentalist Christians here seem to think I'm assaulting their moral framework, and they actually take offense to it. Don't you believe that your 2000+ year old religion holds its grounds fine without a minuscule post made on an irrelevant Shreveport/Bossier forum?

Please get over your personal issues with my posts, I'm allowed to post here as a Shreveport resident and subscriber to many local events. I also am aware that you seem to think you know who I am, as if I were posting under an alias or you are referring to Satan; not sure which, but I'll just inform you that I'm a 17 year old male who has no other account here at these forums. I decided to actually stand up for people who, you know, like to preserve their only substantial rights remaining? Freedom of speech? You know, that little old thing?

I and many others of this city, state, and country have allowed you to reserve your Right to religious freedom, so allow me mine, and don't show your utter disgraceful attitude even against the foundation of your brotherly-loving beliefs yourself. I rarely check these boards, but get used to be being here, because I believe that I'll be checking much more often now that I know I've at least got some people paying attention.

I don't aim to offend, that's your own decision to take offense, not mine, I'm allowed to say what I wish, and as such to yourself, I don't assault you personally or even religiously, I only came to speak out what I believe, and you may do the same; I can only assume you're a Bush pro-war supporter that thinks that the only way to gain "peace" is to militantly aggress against any other foreign body (no matter the physical distance) who disputes your belief. Just get on with it and deal with opposite opinions, you may learn to see the world as something than from inside your own skull sometimes, it makes it more enjoyable.

-Santabot
Santabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:32 PM   #47
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Santabot you sure know how to make yourself popular.

Last edited by Isabella; 04-23-2007 at 11:29 PM.
Isabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:33 PM   #48
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Learn about compassion, respect, and tact before you preach about freedom of speech. Compassion and tact are more important, in my opinion, but it's not something we're given in the Bill of Rights. It's something we choose to have.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:38 PM   #49
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
Learn about compassion, respect, and tact before you preach about freedom of speech. Compassion and tact are more important, in my opinion, but it's not something we're given in the Bill of Rights. It's something we choose to have.
I believe I've given more than enough compassion in my little debates with some forum members here. I've cleanly stated my claims, left them open for interpretation, and allowed all of you to subjectively take them into your own accounts as you will, whether or not you develop this imaginary "offense" to the statements are your own desire, you certainly can't say that you know my intent by reading a textual argument, like you possibly could by seeing emotion and inflexion in reality.

Secularity does not equate to lack of compassion, morality is an innate human characteristic based on that persons subjective response to emotional stimulus in nature, whether or not you agree with their actions are not your decisions to make, a person who enacts on themselves in a way you do not like may not in fact be using a "bad" sense of morality, but a unique one, something that this religious sect has brought upon the American sheeple.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:33 PM   #50
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Is it possible Santabot is BrainSmashr's child? 36-17= 19. It is possible! Hey brain meet your long lost child!
Old 04-23-2007, 11:42 PM   #51
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
The likenesses are certainly intriguing, but I rather doubt it. In any case, Brain has brought some new members here with his (I dare to say) controversial topics. Let's keep our heads though.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:45 AM   #52
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit

Do you SERIOUSLY think "being nice" is more important than Freedom of Speech? The VERY FIRST Amendment?!?!?!?

today....I'm happy you don't vote
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:19 AM   #53
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
Is it possible Santabot is BrainSmashr's child? 36-17= 19. It is possible! Hey brain meet your long lost child!
Santabot and Brain= the Devil's work
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:41 AM   #54
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Santabot and Brain= the Devil's work

Yes, independent thought is often shunned and considered the work of the devil by those who chose to mentally handicap themselves.

That's why as a society man remained relatively unchanged for 10,000+ years of recorded history. Then someone came up with the idea of separating the powers of the church and the state. Now America stands head and shoulders above the rest of the world......funny how that worked out, huh?
Old 04-24-2007, 11:54 AM   #55
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Then someone came up with the idea of separating the powers of the church and the state. Now America stands head and shoulders above the rest of the world......funny how that worked out, huh?
Separating church and state is one thing. Disregarding or disrespecting church is another. Which do you believe in?
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:03 PM   #56
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Separating church and state is one thing. Disregarding or disrespecting church is another. Which do you believe in?
Depends on how hard you try to force your beliefs on me.

Worshiping god is one thing, religious terrorism exercised by radical Islamic Muslims and the Marine in Isaac's story is something else.

Being proud of someone who shares your faith is one thing, being proud of their violent/illegal actions is something else....terrorists, the Marine in Isaac's story, and even good ole Roy Moore.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:08 PM   #57
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:

Worshiping god is one thing, religious terrorism exercised by radical Islamic Muslims and the Marine in Isaac's story is something else.

Being proud of someone who shares your faith is one thing, being proud of their violent/illegal actions is something else....terrorists, the Marine in Isaac's story, and even good ole Roy Moore.
Hey little buddy nobody trying to force you to believe anything !!! You are FREE to click out and move on anytime You attack others faith to prove to yourself not me what is real. With all your rambling nobody knows what you believe outside of Star Trek
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:20 PM   #58
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Hey little buddy nobody trying to force you to believe anything !!! You are FREE to click out and move on anytime You attack others faith to prove to yourself not me what is real. With all your rambling nobody knows what you believe outside of Star Trek
You're absolutely right. We've progressed to taking a stand against the propaganda people like you spread. Feel free to continue ridiculing or ignoring that which you are to simple to understand.

BTW, now that you and Scarlett patched things up, is she still an agent of the devil too?
Old 04-24-2007, 12:39 PM   #59
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:

I think I understand your point. We as Christians, we are supposed to "spread the good news". I see this as an offering and nothing more. What comes around should go around. Now if someone's ears do not want to hear it, I do not believe it is right to force any religious beliefs on anyone. If a horse is led to water, only the horse can decide to drink or not. Forcing a horse to drink if it doesn't want to would at best be futile or at worst be cruel. Notice how God has lead us to water by offering us his word (the bible) but he does not force us to have faith while here on earth. It is up to each of us individually to make our own choices. I certainly have never been accused of forcing my beliefs on anyone that I recall, with the possible exception being my children. As far as offering my beliefs to others, well sure I offer a lot of opinions; some religious, some political, some technical. Isn't that what discussion sites are for? Exchange of ideas?

However, if I or my religion is under attack, I will respond to defend myself or my God, Lord and Savior. I do not believe that anyone can prove or disprove any religion to the satisfaction of others on the opposite side of the fence.
This is largely what the war on terror is all about, isn't it? For example, I do not recall that our agenda is to force Christianity on Saudi Arabia or Iran, however their agenda is to force Islam on Israel for instance. (or else wipe it off the map) I'm sure if this was the kind of "forced religious belief" you were bashing on this board, you would have more members in agreement with you. And I don't recall any Christians or Jews or even Atheists straping bombs on their own children to force anyone to change their minds.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:28 PM   #60
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
You're absolutely right. We've progressed to taking a stand against the propaganda people like you spread. Feel free to continue ridiculing or ignoring that which you are to simple to understand.

BTW, now that you and Scarlett patched things up, is she still an agent of the devil too?

Hah, I actually kinda like this guy, not that I agree with everything stated, but I see how some of you could assume that I'm related to him.

As a side-note, organized religion has only been around for 6,000 years, Hinduism being one of the first, Christianity coming much later. I do agree that the separation of church and state was a vital step towards making this country a new experimental success, but after deviations from the original law of the Founding Fathers' conception, (personally, I believe around Kennedy+, mainly) the country has experienced a growing militarily-based government, relying on religious republicans to reign the past many presidencies.