Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Local News

Notices

Old 09-21-2007, 07:06 PM   #1
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 250 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
You guys talk about abortion but how can you ever know what a woman goes through. I am not for it or against it. The only thing I can say is, it is not for me, but I also believe it is not my place to tell the next person what they can do or can not do. It is their body and they have to live with their actions the way we all do. There are many reasons why women get abortions, some are parents that are ashamed of their child, Some are boyfriends that don;t want to step up and do right. Then there is rape victims or teens that are too young to have children mind wise. The only way I would ever consider one is rape. If you guys think you should be able to tell a woman about abortions then we should be able to talk about weinnie snipping [ I heard the ouch]. Do you think your sperm is not a living thing until it reaches an egg? Maybe when a guy has a snipping it should be against the law because you killed future babies. As for as this mother that killed her child, she never deserved a child. She should be sent to prison and made to have a hystertomy because she deserves never to have any child.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:35 PM   #2
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 295 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaker720 View Post
Do you think your sperm is not a living thing until it reaches an egg?

Hey I'm no scholar, but every egg and every sperm cell is destined to die unless they are united. Then something special happens. Dying eggs and dying sperm is just part of the cycle of life. Destiny as it were. But once fertilized, a sustainable creature is formed. One that COULD last 100 years and become President or become a murderer or anything. It's a 50/50 deal no matter how you slant it.... (Human life is 50% male and 50%female)
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:33 AM   #3
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 250 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
Hey I'm no scholar, but every egg and every sperm cell is destined to die unless they are united. Then something special happens. Dying eggs and dying sperm is just part of the cycle of life.
So you do agree that a sperm is a living thing even though it dies if it does not unite with an egg. So a snipping kills them before they have a chance to unite. If a woman ask me should I have an abortion I would tell her it is her decision not mine to make. I try not to interfere in other peoples lives[ I mean telling them how to live] unless they are child abusers or spouse abusers. I have always told my kids I brought you in this world and it was not to be no one's punching bag. But back to the subject , the woman that killed her baby should have had a abortion. [I would not have told her to have one, but either way she killed her baby.] She does not need children I can only imagine what that poor baby went through in it's few days of life. That child did't ask to to trowed against the wall. She has another child, I wonder what he's had to go through. I believe if you abuse a child you should be fixed where you can never bring anymore children in for you to mistreat. One thing comes to mind in pass threads we have talked about this. Some say you can't force someone to get themselves fixed that it is against their rights. But you can stop them from abortion. If they was fixed to begin with then there would be no abortion.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:56 AM   #4
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 221 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
Why do women always approach this issue as if they have all the "rights"? Is the baby not half the father? When y'all say things like "you couldn't know what the woman is going through"- What about what we are going through? If a woman wants to abort my child, what could I do? NOTHING! Tell me ladies, If your having a child, or NOT, were my decision- seriously, think about that. "Whether or not I have a child is not my decision". Imagine your boyfriend telling you "we were pregnant, but I had an abortion"- "its MY body"! Don't be so quick to dismiss us, we have feelings too. I believe killing babies is WRONG -
vixweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 12:35 PM   #5
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixweb View Post
Why do women always approach this issue as if they have all the "rights"? Is the baby not half the father? When y'all say things like "you couldn't know what the woman is going through"- What about what we are going through? If a woman wants to abort my child, what could I do? NOTHING! Tell me ladies, If your having a child, or NOT, were my decision- seriously, think about that. "Whether or not I have a child is not my decision". Imagine your boyfriend telling you "we were pregnant, but I had an abortion"- "its MY body"! Don't be so quick to dismiss us, we have feelings too. I believe killing babies is WRONG -
You are not getting what I am saying. It is wrong to kill a baby. An abortion should be the woman and her mate's decision. It is not my place to go down the street and interfere with my neighbors life or tell them what they can or can not do. You preach about the father having rights but how many times has the idea of an abortion been the father's idea because he didn't want a child. Do you consult your mate if you decided you didn't want children and went and had a snip job done. Has there been times when men had it done without the woman knowledge. We women can't decide: well I don't want kids so I am going to get fixed. The doctors will not perform one on a young person [ I mean teens and twenties] without a good reason. as for you if you can't talk someone out of aborting your child, get rid of her, she ain't worth it if she can't consider you. But NO you don't know what we women go through. Whether it from abortion or labor. I really wished each man could experience it one time, then they might think twice about doing it with anybody that comes along.Get real here for a moment, if you went out with a girl or woman because you heard she puts out, that being the only reason, and she got pregnant what would you do? Marry her or say it might not be mine! uh
Old 09-22-2007, 01:48 PM   #6
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 221 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
Yeah, I get what your saying: "men just don't understand." right? My point was that it is not all about the ladies....we care too.
vixweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 01:56 PM   #7
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixweb View Post
Yeah, I get what your saying: "men just don't understand." right? My point was that it is not all about the ladies....we care too.
I'll give you that. Some men do care but not all. Your teens now day have one thing on their mind and it ain't what happens if she gets pregnant. Here an example: man gets a girl pregnant, he says it might not be mine, you'll have to have the baby so we can do a paternity test. Then it's am not paying child support even if it is mine. Who is stuck?
Old 09-22-2007, 07:49 PM   #8
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 295 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
So you do agree that a sperm is a living thing even though it dies if it does not unite with an egg.
No, sperm is not a sustainable living thing any more than pollen is a sustainable living thing. It has but one purpose, to procreate Life.

Living creatures such as humans have a million purposes. But eggs and sperm individually do not constitute "life". Life always has a "life cycle". This is why it is OK to eat eggs even though the Bible commands us to not kill. This is why it's OK to wash the pollen off your car, but not cut down your neighbor's tree. This is why it is OK to abstain from sex and let your egg and sperm expire, but it is not OK to kill a fertilized embryo in the womb or a birthed baby after a couple chooses to have sex.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 07:44 AM   #9
guitarman
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 215 guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
You guys talk about abortion but how can you ever know what a woman goes through. I am not for it or against it. The only thing I can say is, it is not for me, but I also believe it is not my place to tell the next person what they can do or can not do. It is their body and they have to live with their actions the way we all do. There are many reasons why women get abortions, some are parents that are ashamed of their child, Some are boyfriends that don;t want to step up and do right. Then there is rape victims or teens that are too young to have children mind wise. The only way I would ever consider one is rape. If you guys think you should be able to tell a woman about abortions then we should be able to talk about weinnie snipping [ I heard the ouch]. Do you think your sperm is not a living thing until it reaches an egg? Maybe when a guy has a snipping it should be against the law because you killed future babies. As for as this mother that killed her child, she never deserved a child. She should be sent to prison and made to have a hysterectomy because she deserves never to have any child.
You say your not for or against it but it is not for you
There is NEVER a good time to kill a child Never !
guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:06 AM   #10
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman View Post
You say your not for or against it but it is not for you
There is NEVER a good time to kill a child Never !
That maybe, and no abortion is not for me. It is not something that I myself would do. But again it is not my place to tell another woman what to do with their body. They are the ones that have to live with their choice not me. Like I also said maybe we should start a campaign against weinne snipping. Are you going to say that is the man choice alone.