Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > World News

Notices

Old 03-14-2007, 07:51 PM   #151
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
I understand your position there and situations like that are why I said "much of the time" and not "always." Cases like that are, indeed, different than common suicide. However, they also carry a sense of hopelessness with them as well. If you had such an illness as you describe, would you not feel hopeless this way?
I suppose you could feel hopeless.. or on the other hand, you could feel empowered, by choosing your own time and place ??

I'm not much on "Suicide", but lying on your death bed, for me , is a different set of circumstances.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:51 PM   #152
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
"The truth"? I can see the "truth" just fine. The "truth" is that not only are you blind, youre willfully stupid. Thats no way to go thru life, boy. Creation itself is proof of God's existence.
Evolution is proof that "creation" is a lie.

Get used to it, boy.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:53 PM   #153
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 247 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Evolution is proof that "creation" is a lie.

Get used to it, boy.
Evolution and creation are NOT mutually exclusive, boy.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:54 PM   #154
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Who said they were exclusive, geritol.....after 2007 years one would expect you to have perfected the lie....but it's still just a lie.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:56 PM   #155
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 247 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Who said they were exclusive, geritol.....after 2007 years one would expect you to have perfected the lie....but it's still a lie.
"A lie"? Says who? You? The lapsed catholic?
Old 03-14-2007, 07:56 PM   #156
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I never said you hated God so can that BSr

Quote:
I already told you what I believe. It's called science, shut-up and pay attention if you want to have a discussion so I don't have to waste time and resources repeating myself for the slow kids among us.

As for the ACLU, I believe in seperation of church and State, but that certainly doesn't make me a fan of the ACLU. Of course, I fail to see why you even asked the question since it's only a matter of time before you incorporate them into the every growing lie. Heck, it's even been rumored that I hate fictional beings now....
You show how stupid you are with your ass hole comments about science. You are placing you chip on the science only line you do have some of it because science proves the Bible is the real deal. Maybe you have watched to much anime and the dark underworld they live in. Maybe just a chemical imbalance that you can not help. Ever see a doctor about that
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:57 PM   #157
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I never said you hated God so can that BSr

Quote:
I already told you what I believe. It's called science, shut-up and pay attention if you want to have a discussion so I don't have to waste time and resources repeating myself for the slow kids among us.

As for the ACLU, I believe in seperation of church and State, but that certainly doesn't make me a fan of the ACLU. Of course, I fail to see why you even asked the question since it's only a matter of time before you incorporate them into the every growing lie. Heck, it's even been rumored that I hate fictional beings now....
You show how stupid you are with your ass hole comments about science. You are placing you chip on the science only line you do have some of it because science proves the Bible is the real deal. Maybe you have watched to much anime and the dark underworld they live in. Maybe just a chemical imbalance that you can not help. Ever see a doctor about that
Isaac

Hey Texasbelle check your email
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:58 PM   #158
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Quote:
Let me amend that to read "lapsed catholic murder suspect".
Old 03-14-2007, 08:00 PM   #159
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
On September 22, 2006 I lost my mom to suicide. I was raised by a Christian mother, a strong woman, who taught me everything. She raised me to be a strong person, think for myself, taught me life skills, how to be a good mother, etc. I never, ever once in all of my 39 years ever considered my mother to be a weak person or a coward. She never walked away from anything. However, there was a point and I will now never know what it was when everything changed. She changed and for why we will never know. I can only guess. Maybe it was the surgery she had four months prior to the suicide that she couldn't seem to recover from, maybe it was some unknown effect of anesthesia on her brain that sent her into a depression,or what?
Texasbelle, sorry for your loss. have lost my share of family members as well.
you mentioned a recent surgery your mother had that may have introduced these 'thoughts'. I can only say, that my own mother has been through a couple of very intense surgeries. And some of those did take some time to get over. And I do remember my mother being quite down and out about it. The surgery and the time in intensive care, and amounts of pain medicine, certainly took it's toll. Very glad to say she is doing fine at this time. I do remember it being some very 'dark' times however.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:05 PM   #160
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
The overwhelming LACK of evidence in existence to support your opinion.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:07 PM   #161
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Isaac
Science has disproven EVERY miracle in the bible MULTIPLE times. Your denial of that fact does little more than solidify your position as a wacko.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:08 PM   #162
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
it means I'm not a gullible little twit like you.
You know what. Someone new joins SBLive and not one day later, Brain is already calling them names.

Just curious BrainSmashR. From what I've read, I believe you said you were a confirmed catholic or something to that affect. Should this leave us to believe, that at some point, you DID BELIEVE ?

And if so, at one point did you Stop believing or lose ALL faith ?
Old 03-14-2007, 08:12 PM   #163
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Maybe I shouldn't step into the spotlight with this kind of position, but here goes.

If I'm understanding him right, Brain has willfully admitted that his belief system is based on physical science only, which is a position that many people share the world over, though not by myself. There is no shortage of people right here in America who will say, "Show me God and then I'll believe." Not all such people are as adamant in convincing others the same as Brain here. However, we cannot judge him by his faith as this is where his heart leads him. His faith is different, but not necessarily evil.

As for the rest of us, many are religious by family, choice, and/or tradition. This is our faith and our choice. Faith is about believing what you want to believe, what you need to believe, and believing what is in your heart. He who doesn't follow his heart is the one who is truly lost.

This topic has, by far, run its course. The mud-slinging and religious flaming has gone quite far enough. We are all entitled to our opinions and we have our rights to express them. If you trully cannot stand to read the opinions of other members, then place them on your ignore list. This is far more respectable than replying to them to tear them down.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:14 PM   #164
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Brainsmashr, I sincerely have a question for you.

What do you read that has given you these ideas? What reference material do you lean on such much for your beliefs? Why are you so "mean" to people in your responses? Does that make you feel good?
Old 03-14-2007, 08:16 PM   #165
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
You know what. Someone new joins SBLive and not one day later, Brain is already calling them names.

Just curious BrainSmashR. From what I've read, I believe you said you were a confirmed catholic or something to that affect. Should this leave us to believe, that at some point, you DID BELIEVE ?

And if so, at one point did you Stop believing or lose ALL faith ?
Ahhh yes, but it typical Christian fashion, her comments towards ME were perfectly acceptable, right?

Try to get this simple concept through your heads, people. Becoming confirmed is a process, belief is not a requirement. Just like getting a PhD earns one the title of Dr. That doesn't mean they can write you that oooooh so needed prescription of Xanax, Zoloft, Ritilen, or whatever else it is that keeps you pro-suicide people from pulling the plug everyday...