Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Religion & Spirit

Notices

Old 12-17-2006, 12:59 PM   #16
Snow Man

Rep Power: 0 Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice
What does it mean to be anti-Semitic ??

That is a good question. We all share this planet and names are a way of placing us in groups or factions so we fight each other. I think the middle east
is a power keg waiting for its moment. I can not see the Hatfield's and McCoy's kissing a making up so that leaves the option of war then a peace treaty which is just a lull in war so they can fight some more. The land over there they are fighting for looks like a pile of sand and rock. Time has not made things better for them and war either. I think we all have some common blood or DNA in us and it would be nice to give peace a chance.
Snow Man
Snow Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:14 PM   #17
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
What does it mean to be anti-Semitic ??

Ok, I'll take a whack at this one. In my opinion any talk about wiping "the jews", "the zionists", or Israel off the map is anti-semitic. I don't know the history of the Semites, but often the conotation of a word changes over time to fit into current society and borders.

As for the Iranians, even though I do not wish them to have nukes, I don't want to see anyone "wiped off the map" except for those unfortunately enough to be working on a nuclear program. In that case, I am for knocking out their nuclear program today, even if it only buys us 5 more years to figure out what to do, or to develop better spy and defense technology. They way they have racheted up their rhetoric, it is almost like they want us to hit their nuke facilities. Begging for it. I wonder why?
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:30 PM   #18
Snow Man

Rep Power: 0 Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice
Begging for it.

Iran would like us to look like the bad guy in eyes of the world if we attack them. It sounds like the leader is about to loose his grip on power with a little more time. Give peace a chance and like all dictators he will fall from with in and the US can stay out of another war. Even the "third world" people are getting on line these days and the way dictators work is thru control of the media and they are loosing that in a major way. It always amazes me how the few control the many. With technology catching up like it has in the last hundred years the Mullahs are shaking in their boots.
Snow Man
Snow Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 05:46 PM   #19
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Like all dictators he will fall from within

Very, VERY few dictators are deposed by their own countrymen. They either commit suicide, are removed from power by foreign forces, or they reign until death. Just thought I'd set ya straight on that.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:45 PM   #20
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Very, VERY few dictators are deposed by their own countrymen. They either commit suicide, are removed from power by foreign forces, or they reign until death. Just thought I'd set ya straight on that.
I guess Castro is a good example. I wonder what is going to happen down in Cuba once Castro finally bites the dust?
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:02 PM   #21
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
I guess Castro is a good example. I wonder what is going to happen down in Cuba once Castro finally bites the dust?
Doesn't he have a hard liner type brother or son ready to take control ? It could be just more of the same ?

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:13 PM   #22
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Sounds like fun, let's name all the dictators overthrown by their own 'country men'

I guess the U.S. would be an example of that correct ?
we deposed our 'long distance' king. We freakin' do things the right way :-)

Didn't some Russian Tsar get overthrown ?
did not the U.S. government help out in some way, (militarily?) during some Russian revolution?

Seems we helped China out at sometime pre WWII in battles against Japan.

Seems we've gone out of our way to help countries that come back to bite us in the !@#. We helped Iraq in the Iraq-Iran war, we helped Afghanistan in their fight against the Russians...

Sorry, got off on a tangent their.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:58 AM   #23
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
What does it mean to be anti-Semitic ?

There is a large group of people in Israel that say they are Jews and are not. What I am saying is that the word Jew can mean a geographic location or a religion. Judah is one of the tribes of Israel and most of them left and migrated north with the other tribes of Israel and imposters have laid claim to the name "Jew" that have no blood connection to the tribe of Judah. True Judah has a black eye because of the fakes that claim to be of Judah and thus causing political turmoil. The time is coming when these fakes will exposed for who they are. This is not being anti-Semitic this defending the real children of Judah.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 04:30 PM   #24
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
It is time for the people of Iran to depose their leader or get ready to lay in the same bed with him. Clock is ticking and W. has the trigger finger just a shaking I wonder how this thread ended up on my profile page and not in the list of threads I started ??
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:43 PM   #25
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

wow, now here's an old thread.. ol' Isaac and Al meet up for the first time Cool.

TGIF !!
Old 09-28-2007, 06:22 PM   #26
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight View Post
wow, now here's an old thread.. ol' Isaac and Al meet up for the first time Cool.

TGIF !!
TGIF Sir LN Was a baptism of fire from Ole Al and Joepole. It has been over a year and I still love to stir the pot. Thank you all for reading my post and thank you LN for your podcast and many other tech support. I like this thread it really makes a great point.
Rest easy this week Saints and regroup
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:14 PM   #27
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight View Post

TGIF !!
You know we can agree do disagree here. TGIF alright !! Time flies on the board Isaac still crazy as ever and loving every minuet of it. Time for our great leader to have a party of some type. Crown and Sushi