Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Family & Home

Notices

Old 11-20-2007, 07:14 PM   #16
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
Hey Belle I see your new boots there is that to cover veins ? Do not fall down or break a heel
You know Pie...we have the dumb ass (joe) and now we have the wise ass(Isaac).

No Isaac, no veins. I'll submit to a stem inspection if needed.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:40 PM   #17
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle View Post
But he's a smart ass.
In a way, yes. He can out-google damn near anybody!
Old 11-20-2007, 07:52 PM   #18
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Oh, Oh, can I inspect your stern?
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:58 PM   #19
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
In a way, yes. He can out-google damn near anybody!
I like both Al and Joe. I consider you both to be pretty smart and I often relate to both of your viewpoints. Funny how you two go at it from a third party perspective. Perhaps opposites "poles" attract and like "poles" repel?
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:46 PM   #20
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
I like both Al and Joe. I consider you both to be pretty smart and I often relate to both of your viewpoints. Funny how you two go at it from a third party perspective. Perhaps opposites "poles" attract and like "poles" repel?

I like Joe too. He's wooden, dour, laconic, obsessed with minutia, and generally disagreeable. What's not to like?

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 11-21-2007 at 01:14 AM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:47 PM   #21
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
You know Pie...we have the dumb ass (joe) and now we have the wise ass(Isaac).

Now Belle I sure do like your new boots. Black uh, so when you kick Isaac's ass you won't be able to see the smear. I posted a pic of Isaac on McDs but I'll put it here for you. Isaac in his true form.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TurkeyCartoon.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	1859

Love it. HeHe!
Old 11-20-2007, 08:49 PM   #22
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I like Joe too. He's wooden, dour, laconic, obsessed with minutia, and generally disagreeable. What's not to like?
Like I said earlier his list goes on.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:57 PM   #23
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Come on Al, give us a long ago story.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:16 PM   #24
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Well lets see, I remember this one hot summer evenin when I was eight or nine. It was late in the afternoon, about 4 or 5. My two brothers and I were summoned to the backyard, where there was a huge "table" (basically a 4x8 ft sheet of plywood on a couple of sawhorses) set up, with a big watermelon, a butcher knife and a salt shaker. After the whole fam had scarfed down the watermelon, my dad flipped over the plywood sheet, where we could all see that he'd painted that side dark green. Then he came out with a little net and some paddles and we all played pingpong, badminton and horseshoes till it got dark.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:23 PM   #25
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Well lets see, I remember this one hot summer evenin when I was eight or nine. It was late in the afternoon, about 4 or 5. My two brothers and I were summoned to the backyard, where there was a huge "table" (basically a 4x8 ft sheet of plywood on a couple of sawhorses) set up, with a big watermelon, a butcher knife and a salt shaker. After the whole fam had scarfed down the watermelon, my dad flipped over the plywood sheet, where we could all see that he'd painted that side dark green. Then he came out with a little net and some paddles and we all played pingpong, badminton and horseshoes till it got dark.
very good Al.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:53 PM   #26
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
I know someone who somtetimes views this website who has discharged a firearm indoors.

Unintentionaly of course, but it was a huge shock.

One time when I was about 15 I had a coon dog named Coon. A Catahoula. He was a puppy about 10 mos. me and my cousin were coon hunting along a big string of ponds and heard the dogs bark. They would only bark once the coon was treed. We were about 1/2 a mile away but it was all open land. When we got to the dogs, my dog and his 5 year old mother Susie, were in the middle of a lake and there was one cypress tree out there. We waded out to it and blew a predator call. Coons jumped out of that tree like rain. One of them jumped on my dog and he took off. A few minutes later I was standing in water up to my knees and a coon swam up to me and started climbing my leg. [i] could not get him off. The next thing I know I look up and here comes my dog over the levee of this lake straight for me and he grabs this coon by the neck and shakes him and keeps shaking him. I was never so proud of my dog. That was a great night. 21 years ago.

Last edited by purpahurl; 11-20-2007 at 10:17 PM.
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:59 PM   #27
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpahurl View Post
I know someone on this thread who has discharged a firearm indoors.

Unintentionaly of course, but it was a huge shock.

Kind of a Barney Fife of sorts??
vixweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:08 PM   #28
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
I can't throw stones. I was shooting cowbirds feeding at my bird feeders last year. I had a nice blind set up in our sunroom, it was very cold, I had the window cracked and I was layed up on the couch with a 22 on pillows. The hunting was good. I reloaded and set my gun back up, I was looking through the scope at a fine specimen and fired. I blew the casing of a storm window out of the bricks. I felt pretty stupid. The barrel had dropped below the window casing, but the scope was still true.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:24 PM   #29
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
So Purpa you were shooting a firearm in your home? I hope you didn't have any kids present especially with that misfire! Shame, shame...

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:32 PM   #30
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
So Purpa you were shooting a firearm in your home? I hope you didn't have any kids present especially with that misfire! Shame, shame...
I was teaching them what not to do. Education is the best policy.

They were probably watching Barney!

Actually if the kids had been in there then my targets would not have been feeding like I wanted.