Go Back   Shreveport.com > SBLive! Groups > Historic Photos

Notices

Old 10-11-2007, 01:38 PM   #1
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
David Toms does not own that whole big lot/pond combo unless he bought it in the last 6 months. About 9 months ago I worked on a project looking at doing some development there and David Toms wasn't an owner.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 03:14 PM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 319 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
rhertz posting bad info I used to date a girl in high school with the last name of Summers that lives right across the street after you make the curve going north on the left hand side of Gilbert. She live on a dead end street I forget the name 1977
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 03:46 PM   #3
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 295 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
rhertz posting bad info I used to date a girl in high school with the last name of Summers that lives right across the street after you make the curve going north on the left hand side of Gilbert. She live on a dead end street I forget the name 1977
That would be Dru Circle. The Summers moved about 0.1 miles some years ago after the kids were grown. Why is this bad info?
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 04:29 PM   #4
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 319 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
That would be Dru Circle. The Summers moved about 0.1 miles some years ago after the kids were grown. Why is this bad info?
Yes it was Dru Circle ! I am laughing about Joes post
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:52 PM   #5
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 295 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
Yes it was Dru Circle ! I am laughing about Joes post
Nodding I see. Yeah I'm about 90% accurate on average. Another side note is that TB Langford was a member of First Methodist Church and helped found the "eternal flame" fund where members would donate some of their inheiritance to the fund for special church emergencies. Years later when he pasted away, he left nothing to the fund or so I hear.....I guess he was a little tight.... LOL, is that bad enough 40 year old gossip?
Old 10-11-2007, 07:39 PM   #6
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
Nodding I see. Yeah I'm about 90% accurate on average. Another side note is that TB Langford was a member of First Methodist Church and helped found the "eternal flame" fund where members would donate some of their inheritance to the fund for special church emergencies. Years later when he pasted away, he left nothing to the fund or so I hear.....I guess he was a little tight.... LOL, is that bad enough 40 year old gossip?
Your attention to detail is impeccable rhertz. It is very rare to catch you in a slip. You are old Shreveport to the bone boy. Leaves fall close to the tree now don't they. I bet with joepole living where he lives he must have some major roots in old Shreveport too. Now just when you think private Pyle is going right he will go left. Any hoo good post and good homework.
Dru Circle
Old 10-11-2007, 09:39 PM   #7
j.nc
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 211 j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all
Great research rhertz . Never everwouldaknown. Technically, when I said I lived at the bottom of Thrill Hill - it was more like past the base on the top of the little next hill (picture a diminishing sine wave for all you in the year 2525 trying to understand this at a time with no Thrill Hill- after the land is smoothed from the paradoxical global warming glaciers and inevitable zombie invasion... as if you'd care anyway)... so our front yard caught a share of speeding cars not quite in control. But still, that's only a few houses extra away from where you lived - LOL. Wondering if I ever met you now.

A little google-juice led to more info. On T.B. Lanford.. . So patched together from a variety of links and SEC filings:

Another media thing he was involved with was KPLC, and was part owner of Red River Valley Broadcasting (1936-?.) and also caught the TV bug owned KALB via Lanford Telecasting Company (purchased by Park Broadcasting of Louisiana from his estate)

Found he was into oil. Naturally. DBA LANFORD & BACKUS. And Lanford Drilling.

Some info on DowntownShreveport.Com (which I can only access via the google cached page at the moment, so will paste part of it here below)

The former buildings of the Rubenstein Department Store are two distinct structures, one located at 513-515 Milam, the other, next door, at 517-519 Milam Street, opposite the beautiful Caddo Parish Court House.

The building at 513-515, now known as the Lanford Building, after former owner T. B. Lanford was built in 1907 by Joseph Dambley, a Shreveport photographer. The lower level served as Dambley's studios, the upper floors were leased out….

Also saw some tangential info that implied he owned “Tackle Industries” of Shreveport? some of those lures collected and traded today. Not the best pic to post compared with all of the nice vintage lures -but this has the text...

Either way - never knew we had a recognized lure industry. No surprise, just interesting.

These guys were into everything.

And ya'll crack me up Good forum.

Last edited by j.nc; 10-11-2007 at 10:03 PM.
j.nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 03:44 PM   #8
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
David Toms does not own that whole big lot/pond combo unless he bought it in the last 6 months. About 9 months ago I worked on a project looking at doing some development there and David Toms wasn't an owner.
I think he did recently purchase adjacient property to develop. But I haven't checked the court records..... I could be wrong. Happens all the time.