Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Schools & Education

Notices

Old 04-24-2007, 10:17 PM   #31
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santabot
If you've read around, you'd note this isn't me in my avatar, I've taken it from another forum from someone else because I liked it.

My hair isn't cut like that, I am white, and you can't determine my likes and dislikes about drugs from any of my posts thus far, but I will reveal that I've ingested my fair share of LSD in my time, yes.
Santabot, do you have parents? There is no way my son would be doing those things at your age. He is now 23 and does not do those things. Yes, I do know that for a fact! It is not healthy. Back in my day, the people I know who did LSD are not normal today. Some are dead. Drugs are for losers. I have never used drugs, but I have seen first hand what drugs can do to people. You appear to be fairly intelligent. Don't fry your brain.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:24 PM   #32
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
Santabot, do you have parents? There is no way my son would be doing those things at your age. He is now 23 and does not do those things. Yes, I do know that for a fact! It is not healthy. Back in my day, the people I know who did LSD are not normal today. Some are dead. Drugs are for losers. I have never used drugs, but I have seen first hand what drugs can do to people. You appear to be fairly intelligent. Don't fry your brain.
Then please don't criticize my actions, I appreciate that privacy and ability to do with my body what I wish.

I agree with your concern, and I was afraid at first also, but 3 years ago, I began my drug endeavors, and honestly, after all of the things I've done (there's not much I haven't), I could honestly, in my most sober state of mind (I'm not a drug-addled youth like you may think, even though I have had my fair fair share of experience) tell you that the ONE singular thing I would never take back in my life would be my experiences with drugs.

I can tell you no greater thing that has enhanced my person in ways I never imagined feasible before doing them myself. I appreciate your concern, but I don't need any sympathy or parenting, I've pretty much done that for myself my entire life, and it's made me a bit more rigid than I'd like, but I do think that from what I've seen from the forum, I know quite a bit more about the truth of drugs and their use than many, if not all of you. I don't aim to please or scare or show off here, I simply state that even if you had reason to believe I was a drugged-out kid, sure, think of me as one, but you'll be cutting yourself short of really even knowing who I am, and that's a large failure to do to anyone, I never did that to you guys
Santabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:38 PM   #33
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
So if some people who are divinely inspired end up in jail, and you openly approve of the illegal activity that landed them in prison in the first place, then why shouldn't I consider you untrustworthy as well and more likely than the average person to commit a crime of your own?
You shouldn't. Both Christians and non-Christians commit crimes everyday. That doesn't make it right or wrong. Being Christian does not mean you are without sin, much less without breaking man's laws.

Quote:
Everyone that approved of the actions of the marine portrayed in the story.
According to man's assault and battery laws true. But according to God's laws not to tempt thy Lord, well perhaps justice was served. We do not know what was in that marine's mind, much less God's mind.

Quote:
The teacher was in no way, shape, or form impeding on the right of anyone in that class to worship as they see fit.
He was challenging it. Testing it. no doubt. But dont' fret, with a decent lawyer he will never have to work another day in his life. how much justice do you want to see served in this case?
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:42 PM   #34
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I beg to differ. You seem to assume a whole lot about us whenever you are replying to our post. You are a 17 y/o child. It is illegal for you to ingest these drugs. Furthermore, if there is a law enforcement officer viewing this thread you can bet they are going to be sure and track you down now. LSD is no laughing matter and I don't care how you try and justify it. If you were my son, I would hope that someone took the time to be sure that the proper authorities saw the post and took the proper measures to seek you out. You think you are intelligent and obviously you are, but the folly of youth is that we often don't realize what you are truly doing to your body until it is far too late. Such would be the case with LSD and the likes.

You can rest assured that this is no laughing matter and will not be taken as such. It's not up for debate.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:49 PM   #35
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Quote:
Then please don't criticize my actions, I appreciate that privacy and ability to do with my body what I wish.

I agree with your concern, and I was afraid at first also, but 3 years ago, I began my drug endeavors, and honestly, after all of the things I've done (there's not much I haven't), I could honestly, in my most sober state of mind (I'm not a drug-addled youth like you may think, even though I have had my fair fair share of experience) tell you that the ONE singular thing I would never take back in my life would be my experiences with drugs.

I can tell you no greater thing that has enhanced my person in ways I never imagined feasible before doing them myself. I appreciate your concern, but I don't need any sympathy or parenting, I've pretty much done that for myself my entire life, and it's made me a bit more rigid than I'd like, but I do think that from what I've seen from the forum, I know quite a bit more about the truth of drugs and their use than many, if not all of you. I don't aim to please or scare or show off here, I simply state that even if you had reason to believe I was a drugged-out kid, sure, think of me as one, but you'll be cutting yourself short of really even knowing who I am, and that's a large failure to do to anyone, I never did that to you guys
That's what drug use does to you, gives you a false sense of safety. You think it broadens your mind, etc... well, I have 2 dead brothers who felt just like you. One was a genius. He had a friend who skipped 2 grades in school. He also, was just like you and you know where he is today? He is in prison and his brain is fried. He had such a good future ahead of him and he wasted it! When he was out of prison he could not support himself. You need to be straight and witness what someone is like when they are using drugs. It does not matter what they are using. One word to describe them STUPID!
Old 04-24-2007, 11:13 PM   #36
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
You shouldn't. Both Christians and non-Christians commit crimes everyday. That doesn't make it right or wrong. Being Christian does not mean you are without sin, much less without breaking man's laws.
I shouldn't be more suspicious of someone who overlooks crimes of a religious nature because crimes happened everyday? Gee, should I not lock my doors since houses get broken into everyday too?

Quote:
According to man's assault and battery laws true. But according to God's laws not to tempt thy Lord, well perhaps justice was served. We do not know what was in that marine's mind, much less God's mind.
You asked who said it was ok, not what BS excuse they might use for breaking the law.
Quote:
He was challenging it. Testing it. no doubt.
So stating his own beliefs is testing Christians beliefs?

Well, hopefully you can figure out why we have separation of church and state then.
Quote:
But dont' fret, with a decent lawyer he will never have to work another day in his life. how much justice do you want to see served in this case?
I'm of the opinion it's a fictional situation. I'm merely expressing my disgust at those who feel that striking another individual over his or her opinion is an acceptable form of behavior in a civilized society.....
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:35 PM   #37
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Granted.. kids will be kids.. and they're gonna do, what they're gonna do. I have teenagers of my own. And I can very easily remember my experiences as a teenager myself

I've known plenty of people, who have experimented with many drugs. some made it through o.k., and some didn't.

But I would suggest to you.. being the young lad that your are.. doing drugs or drinking at such an early age.. has far more lasting effect, than if you would wait a few years.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:44 PM   #38
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
I beg to differ. You seem to assume a whole lot about us whenever you are replying to our post. You are a 17 y/o child. It is illegal for you to ingest these drugs. Furthermore, if there is a law enforcement officer viewing this thread you can bet they are going to be sure and track you down now. LSD is no laughing matter and I don't care how you try and justify it. If you were my son, I would hope that someone took the time to be sure that the proper authorities saw the post and took the proper measures to seek you out. You think you are intelligent and obviously you are, but the folly of youth is that we often don't realize what you are truly doing to your body until it is far too late. Such would be the case with LSD and the likes.

You can rest assured that this is no laughing matter and will not be taken as such. It's not up for debate.
If you, yourself knew of these laws, you'd know that I can't be convicted for any confessions of anything. You and your God can come to my home and search me for all I care, and you won't find a single illegal substance. I am responsible enough to do that on my own time and not involve my family in the matter, although it may be considered irresponsible to break the law, I do not believe the laws based around those actions are legitimately founded and will aim to edit them in the future when able.

I know what I'm doing to my body, and it never changed me. I don't believe I've ever experienced any negative repercussions to any drug activity I've ever partaken in, other than the occasional hangover or similar after effects. All is well now and taken account for. You make a decision every day to risk your life by driving on the road, just like myself, the difference is nil when you consider you are ingesting the substance and not risking anyone else's life in the process, or even endangering anyone but yourself, if at all.

Being alive is dangerous to your health, breathing the polluted air is dangerous to your health, driving a car, operating heavy machinery, being outside or in public are all dangerous things. Partaking in drug related activities is just another of them, and I personally made the educated decision to go forward with my pursuit of this. This does not mean at any time that I've become addicted to any substance or that the next day I will be hindered in any way, or even while on the substance. I know, I know, you may have a medical background, but from the personal perspective, you really can't argue on the same level I am with the first-hand experience discussion. You just clearly don't know what it's like to experience these drugs and there is no substitute for that.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:45 PM   #39
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
Granted.. kids will be kids.. and they're gonna do, what they're gonna do. I have teenagers of my own. And I can very easily remember my experiences as a teenager myself

I've known plenty of people, who have experimented with many drugs. some made it through o.k., and some didn't.

But I would suggest to you.. being the young lad that your are.. doing drugs or drinking at such an early age.. has far more lasting effect, than if you would wait a few years.
As stated, I don't drink, and I don't do anything that I have found from very extensive (monthlong+) research before doing it, as carefully and properly coordinated an event as I can do.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:48 PM   #40
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
That's what drug use does to you, gives you a false sense of safety. You think it broadens your mind, etc... well, I have 2 dead brothers who felt just like you. One was a genius. He had a friend who skipped 2 grades in school. He also, was just like you and you know where he is today? He is in prison and his brain is fried. He had such a good future ahead of him and he wasted it! When he was out of prison he could not support himself. You need to be straight and witness what someone is like when they are using drugs. It does not matter what they are using. One word to describe them STUPID!
Then, as stated multiple times, I will take my chances. If your brother hadn't been subject to bull**** laws like the ones the DEA enforces, he wouldn't be in jail, would he? He would be going through normal life, and could do all of the drugs he wanted do, and that's still his decision.

Maybe some of you need to research the term "police state" and what the implications of laws grant the government and subject you to. Even if you don't agree or partake in any activities that would otherwise be illegal, think of the OTHER PEOPLE that it DOES affect, make wiser decisions that reflect EVERYONE's best interest, and you will do this world one better.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:57 PM   #41
Isabella
Advanced Member

Quote:
Then, as stated multiple times, I will take my chances. If your brother hadn't been subject to bull**** laws like the ones the DEA enforces, he wouldn't be in jail, would he? He would be going through normal life, and could do all of the drugs he wanted do, and that's still his decision.
Maybe some of you need to research the term "police state" and what the implications of laws grant the government and subject you to. Even if you don't agree or partake in any activities that would otherwise be illegal, think of the OTHER PEOPLE that it DOES affect, make wiser decisions that reflect EVERYONE's best interest, and you will do this world one better.
Last response to your post, my brother is not in jail, his genius friend is. His friend is in jail for forging prescriptions. My brother is dead from a result of drug use. When he was your age he sounded just like you. Very intelligent, but would not listen to anyone. He knew it all!

When you are 17 and your parents are supporting you, you are subject to rules. We have to protect our youth from themselves, because they do not have life experiences to know what is best for them.

Bye
Old 04-25-2007, 12:05 AM   #42
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Last response to your post, my brother is not in jail, his genius friend is. His friend is in jail for forging prescriptions. My brother is dead from a result of drug use. When he was your age he sounded just like you. Very intelligent, but would not listen to anyone. He knew it all!

When you are 17 and your parents are supporting you, you are subject to rules. We have to protect our youth from themselves, because they do not have life experiences to know what is best for them.

Bye
The first bold: forging prescriptions doesn't sound like drugs put him into jail, it appears he made a WRONG decision to go out of his way to 1. Steal 2. Lie 3. Fraud in order to OBTAIN drugs, of which were his own decision to administer to himself. Did I ask you for assistance? No. If I die from drug abuse, please parade at my funeral in tears of laughter, for all I could care.

The second: Did it ever occur to you that there are a select few minds that mature faster than others? Able to make decisions consciously because they've had hardly any parental upbringing and had to make their own choices constantly over time. I don't blame anyone for this, but in a few months, I'll be able to fully support myself legally, change my name, vote politicians into office, die in a war, own firearms, buy tobacco, sell R rated movies and purchase/view pornography, among many other things, but you honestly believe that months before that, I'm entirely incapable of maintaining myself with my own well-being in mind? I hardly believe anything related to that topic itself. I agree, there are some (most) kids that need severe help, but that does not apply to all, mostly it's the parents' fault, whereas, in my case: that's not an issue.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:17 AM   #43
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
LOL, to whomever blasted me with the reputation system for my earlier post.
I'll say it again. It's not like we're going to change santabot's opinion on any of this. Because like I said, kids are gonna do, what they're gonna do. once they are out of the house, and around friends.. they're gonna do whatever. Yes, we teach them to say NO etc.. and tell of all the BAD consequences of said action.

But I was hoping to appeal to another sense of reasoning.. regardless of how controlled Santabot thinks he can be with his drug use.. The FACT OF THE MATTER IS.. at 17, his mind has NOT YET fully developed. The simple fact of smoking a joint is going to have a more lasting effect, than someone who is a few years older. What we say, what his mother or father ever told him, at 17, he's out and about with his friends, left to make his own decisions. I'm just telling him, that what ever his plans are for the future, should it be college or the like.. he is short changing himself for whatever future endeavors he may have.

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:25 AM   #44
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
LOL, to whomever blasted me with the reputation system for my earlier post.
I'll say it again. It's not like we're going to change santabot's opinion on any of this. Because like I said, kids are gonna do, what they're gonna do. once they are out of the house, and around friends.. they're gonna do whatever. Yes, we teach them to say NO etc.. and tell of all the BAD consequences of said action.

But I was hoping to appeal to another sense of reasoning.. regardless of how controlled Santabot thinks he can be with his drug use.. The FACT OF THE MATTER IS.. at 17, his mind has NOT YET fully developed. The simple fact of smoking a joint is going to have a more lasting effect, than someone who is a few years older. What we say, what his mother or father ever told him, at 17, he's out and about with his friends, left to make his own decisions. I'm just telling him, that what ever his plans are for the future, should it be college or the like.. he is short changing himself for whatever future endeavors he may have.

My current future plans are to go to LSU Baton Rouge and get a degree in Chemical Engineerig at the honors college, get a career in that field, and return to school for a personal law, philosophy, or literature degree, most likely more than one. I strive to be the first of my family to get a PhD degree.

Also, I've been smoking since 13, off and on, I've had my ups and downs, but smoking through literally pounds of the stuff in my time, 6 times a day during school days, I've gotten through all of those odd experiences, in the past few months, I've been a lot more relaxed in doing such, and have no adverse effects anymore, I smoke when I need to "flush" my mind and get rid of everything that's running through it.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:47 AM   #45
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
If you, yourself knew of these laws, you'd know that I can't be convicted for any confessions of anything. You and your God can come to my home and search me for all I care, and you won't find a single illegal substance. I am responsible enough to do that on my own time and not involve my family in the matter, although it may be considered irresponsible to break the law, I do not believe the laws based around those actions are legitimately founded and will aim to edit them in the future when able.

I know what I'm doing to my body, and it never changed me. I don't believe I've ever experienced any negative repercussions to any drug activity I've ever partaken in, other than the occasional hangover or similar after effects. All is well now and taken account for. You make a decision every day to risk your life by driving on the road, just like myself, the difference is nil when you consider you are ingesting the substance and not risking anyone else's life in the process, or even endangering anyone but yourself, if at all.

Being alive is dangerous to your health, breathing the polluted air is dangerous to your health, driving a car, operating heavy machinery, being outside or in public are all dangerous things. Partaking in drug related activities is just another of them, and I personally made the educated decision to go forward with my pursuit of this. This does not mean at any time that I've become addicted to any substance or that the next day I will be hindered in any way, or even while on the substance. I know, I know, you may have a medical background, but from the personal perspective, you really can't argue on the same level I am with the first-hand experience discussion. You just clearly don't know what it's like to experience these drugs and there is no substitute for that.
No, they may not find any in your home but you just never know how far they will go to catch you....hmmm in the middle of a buy? shake you down at school? inform your parents or guardians? There are all sorts of scenarios that could play out here little boy. You should clearly start watching over your shoulder. Big Brother is going to be watching you!!!!
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote