Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Business & Finance

Notices

Old 11-27-2007, 11:29 AM   #1
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Computer Glitch Leads To Brawl At Wauwatosa Kmart

http://www.wisn.com/news/14697601/detail.html

Quote:
A melee at a Kmart store in Wauwatosa Saturday morning was started by a computer glitch.
The store was running a promotion in which it would give away $10 to anyone applying for its credit card, but the computer glitch led to everyone's application being granted -- bestowing up to $4,000 in instant credit to anyone who applied even if they shouldn't have qualified.
Once word started to spread about the so-called "free money" Saturday, witnesses said things got pretty nuts inside the Wauwatosa store.
"They were having a big fight. Two ladies was jumping a lady over credit cards," witness Sylvester Wilson said.
Nearly a dozen Wauwatosa squad cars responded to the call just before 11 a.m. Saturday for what was called a large fight in progress.
"It was a nice brawl. It came from inside to outside. If you go up there, you'll see hair, earrings, all pulled out on the ground," Wilson said.
Two employees confirmed for police that anyone who applied was being given instant credit -- from $850 up to $4,000. They also told police that people started calling other people to the store for so-called free money. The store ran out of credit applications.
One witness told police someone went to another Kmart, got some applications there and was selling them in the Wauwatosa Kmart parking lot for $20 apiece.
Kmart would not comment on how many people got the credit cards who shouldn't have or how much merchandise they were able to buy with them.
The store did put a stop to it, though. There are signs on the door saying it is not processing credit card applications at this time.
Boy that's some serious customers.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:48 PM   #2
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
This is why greed is a deadly sin. Because it starts fights at K-Mart.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:43 PM   #3
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
And to think Pie I thought you only caused melee's at McDonalds!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:01 PM   #4
howela
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold
That's a true "Blue light special" right there!
howela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:02 PM   #5
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
And to think Pie I thought you only caused melee's at McDonalds!
Hey I don't mess with K-Mart they have a lay-a-way.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:08 AM   #6
Marshall F. Graham

Rep Power: 0 Marshall F. Graham will become famous soon enough Marshall F. Graham will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down

Wow..... I mean.. where to begin? There is way to much wrong with that story....but then again... I shred at least 20 0% credit card offers per week...We wonder why the majority of the population has no understanding of the term "financial responsibility". First of all...No one in his or her right mind should ever waste the time and ink in applying for a KMart credit card..Department store credit cards are the biggest rip off since the pet rock. Every store takes Visa and Mastercard these days... there is no reason to have a department store credit card,.. if you can't get a Visa.. well...You have proven to be unreliable in the past, and having a KMart isn't going to help your situation!... "Free Money" Unfortunately, as a Mortgage Loan Officer, I can vouch that there is a large segment of our population that for whatever reason has never learned that credit cards are a loan that should be repaid...Maybe it is simply because it was instilled in me in my youth, but it would never cross my mind of acceptability to not repay my debts.. more or less ever be late on a payment....I cringe at the thought, and yet many here locally do it every month without skipping a beat...
So, you want my opinion of what's wrong with our youth today?
Stories such as this one prove that our youth are being led by the blind, because you know that a lot of these people who were fighting over the "free money" are parents themselves...
The blind leading the blind....... A scary thought indeed...
Marshall F. Graham is offline   Reply With Quote