Poll: How do you receive your news?
Poll Options
How do you receive your news?

Old 07-16-2006, 12:42 AM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Where do you get your news

SBLive! wants to know where you receive most of your news.
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 01:33 AM   #2
kansast
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 kansast has a spectacular aura about kansast has a spectacular aura about kansast has a spectacular aura about
Definitely from the Internet

Don't have time for the Newspaper.. Don't care much for the Network News, find it depressing, Like to go out in search of the news I care to read about it, read about topics that interest me.
kansast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:40 PM   #3
Cadenza

Rep Power: 0 Cadenza will become famous soon enough Cadenza will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Cadenza
News sources

It is difficult to choose just one of these sources since I actually use all of them, just some more than others. It also depends on the time of day. Driving to and from work, I listen to the radio, either KEEL or KDAQ. I read most of The Shreveport Times every day. I check out internet sources that catch my eye. The reason I chose TV network news is that I almost always have the TV on Fox or CNN and occasionally MSNBC (mostly for Suzie Orman) on in the background of whatever I am doing at home. I particularly enjoy Special Report with Brit Hume. He is a good moderator with a dry sense of humor. I like the "Panel" style of discussion on his show.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:38 AM   #4
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Internet mostly

I get most of my news from the Internet. Not any particular website.. I have several that I scan the headlines, or get RSS feeds for headline stories.. I then read the one's I'm interested in.

As apposed to t.v. news, where they like cram down some crazy headline story, about some celebrity who's gone off the deep end again or some crazy thing..

Every now and again, I'll tune into the some network news, for some late breaking story, that gets old after awhile, once they break out the "talking heads" :-)

LateNight
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:59 AM   #5
Cadenza

Rep Power: 0 Cadenza will become famous soon enough Cadenza will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Cadenza
Wink Networks and celebrities

No doubt there is some obsession on the TV networks with so-called celebrities. I think yesterday it was Mel Gibson. That stuff bores me, too. I prefer the actual news shows that don't cover that stuff. But I do hear it when the television is on in the background. Today my son came in and switched it to Winnie the Pooh. Maybe he has the right idea, LOL!