Go Back   Shreveport.com > Support Forums > SBLive! Polls

Notices

Poll: Have you seen a movie celebrity in Shreveport Bossier?
Poll Options
Have you seen a movie celebrity in Shreveport Bossier?

Old 04-18-2007, 11:39 AM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Have you seen a movie celebrity in Shreveport Bossier?

Have you ever seen a celebrity or someone from a movie here in Shreveport or Bossier?
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:45 AM   #2
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000236/

Yes! My sister and I actually saw Jennifer Tilly at the mall in Bossier last year. My sister recognized her and pointed her out to me. I recognized her voice when I heard her speak to a cashier.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:46 AM   #3
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
My mom used to play golf with Kevin Costner.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:26 PM   #4
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
My mom used to play golf with Kevin Costner.
I heard Kevin Costner swims regularly at the indoor pool at LSUS. Dunno if he still does. I hear that he really likes our area though.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:37 PM   #5
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
I've heard the same. When they filmed The Guardian here in town, I met one of the production crew members at their crew party and he told me that Kevin Costner lives in Bossier. I haven't found any confirmation though.

Where did your mother play golf with him at? I know Stonebridge has a golf course and really nice, expensive housing. That would be best guess for where Kevin Costner lives.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:51 PM   #6
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Starstruck!

Sandra Bullock was filming outside my work place, but they asked us to all stay inside and to pull the shades! Can you imagine? I can't wait to see Premoniton to see if you can see me "poking" through the shades! LOL She looked completely normal not all glammed up! I sure would like to run into Tom Cruise!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:44 PM   #7
cosmo kramer
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold
I snapped a photo of my old buddy working at Master Cuts in the mall. Sad, but since our show he's had to find other work. U.S. Postal Service wanted nothing to do with him.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newman2.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	330  

cosmo kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:47 PM   #8
Sheba
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold
Being an "extra" is fun!!

Both my kids have had the opportunity to work as extras on the sets of movies in town. I watched as they worked with Sandra Bullock and the others from Premonition. Also, the elementary kids in my school were extras as well. Pretty awesome to be close to people we consider stars. There are very strict rules against conversation and pictures, though. So you have to just enjoy the moment and savor the memories. Then you spend the whole time watching the movie looking for some sign of the ones you know in the background shots.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:22 PM   #9
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Tom and Katie Cruise are coming over to my house for dinner tonight and a birthday party for Suri. Is that going to count?
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:06 PM   #10
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Kevin was living at Southern Trace. that's where she played with him. She played with his wife (at least i think it was his wife, maybe his girlfriend) a bunch, but only got to play with Kevin a few times.

>I can't wait to see Premoniton...

I can't wait for them to make a movie here that doesn't look like watching it would make me claw my eyes out*. The wife and thought "Thief" was OK, but every other project filmed here has been a steaming pile.

They were filming some scenes for that Jessica Simpson movie a few months ago in front of the S'port Club and the old guys up on the 3rd floor were saying disgusting things abut her, it was great.

*how's that for awesome grammar/sentence structure?
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:18 PM   #11
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba
Both my kids have had the opportunity to work as extras on the sets of movies in town. I watched as they worked with Sandra Bullock and the others from Premonition. Also, the elementary kids in my school were extras as well. Pretty awesome to be close to people we consider stars. There are very strict rules against conversation and pictures, though. So you have to just enjoy the moment and savor the memories. Then you spend the whole time watching the movie looking for some sign of the ones you know in the background shots.
Welcome to SB Live Sheba!
I bet that was fun watching the movie and seeing your kids in it! I heard they paid pretty good too!
Pocahontas
Old 04-19-2007, 05:57 AM   #12
Sheba
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the welcome!

Always fun to watch my kids!! Sports, school stuff, etc. I know from reading your posts you have that same feeling about your girls.

Our experience with the movie set was hurry up and wait, hurry up and wait!! Then, they do exactly the same scene over, and over, and over - in total silence. Only the real actors can speak - not the extras. The actors get paid for every word, so real money comes in there. But $80 a day for an 11 year old was really fun cash for him. My 16 y/o daughter had a full week - nice paycheck for her.

It's only one or two days at a time, though. It would be hard to have any consistent cash flow as an adult. Also, if your child is on the set, a parent is required to be there. So, it's a two for one deal. That's when you need a good book, 'cause no talking among the excited parents either!

But what an exciting memory for my kids!! And what a great experience for Shreveport Bossier to host this industry!!

Again, thanks for the welcome!
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:11 PM   #13
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
Smile Tom Cuise

Hey Pocahontas, I'd like to run into Tom too. With my truck.
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:01 PM   #14
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
I heard that the paparazzi finally came to shreveport since we have bigger stars in town now like Katie Holmes, Tom Cruise, etc.

"Actress Katie Holmes was forced to call the police during a recent shopping trip in Shreveport, La., after she found herself targeted by paparazzi"

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...zzi+shreveport
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:53 PM   #15
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
I heard that the paparazzi finally came to shreveport since we have bigger stars in town now like Katie Holmes, Tom Cruise, etc.

"Actress Katie Holmes was forced to call the police during a recent shopping trip in Shreveport, La., after she found herself targeted by paparazzi"

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...zzi+shreveport
Now that's pretty funny! The paparazzi chases Katie all over the country but she calls the Shreveport police. Guess she likes that Mayberry local police hospitality! You know all the local Barney Fife's ate this up!