Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-23-2007, 08:51 AM   #1
howela
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold
Child Protection or Endangerment?

This was a first for me:
Wednesday I was at Wal-Mart Super Center and went to the restroom. After washing my hands and turning around to leave I saw a young girl standing in the corner near the door, as if she was being punished. (at least that is how they did it In my generation) Except although her body was facing the corner her young face was definitely peaking.
You couldn't see her as you entered because of the open door. I would guess she was 10 to 12 years old.
As I walked past her to leave, bewildered; A man yelled at her,"Turn around" at which point her head quickly faced the corner wall.
Moments later they both exited the Men's room behind me.

Now I can only surmise that the dad was alone with her at the store and had to go, and not wanting to leave her unattended in this brutal age we live in took her into the men's room and stood her in the corner.
What do you think about this?
howela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:19 AM   #2
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
I suppose the opposite of that, would be the folks who bring their kids up to walmart.. and use it as one big playground.. kids running around tearin' up @#@# completely unsupervised..

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:33 AM   #3
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
How could that be endangerment?
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:39 AM   #4
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
I don't know, at 10 to12 she is really too big to be in a men's restroom. If that was her dad It would be hard to know how to handle that.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:28 AM   #5
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by howela
This was a first for me:
Wednesday I was at Wal-Mart Super Center and went to the restroom. After washing my hands and turning around to leave I saw a young girl standing in the corner near the door, as if she was being punished. (at least that is how they did it In my generation) Except although her body was facing the corner her young face was definitely peaking.
You couldn't see her as you entered because of the open door. I would guess she was 10 to 12 years old.
As I walked past her to leave, bewildered; A man yelled at her,"Turn around" at which point her head quickly faced the corner wall.
Moments later they both exited the Men's room behind me.

Now I can only surmise that the dad was alone with her at the store and had to go, and not wanting to leave her unattended in this brutal age we live in took her into the men's room and stood her in the corner.
What do you think about this?
It sounds to me like he was doing the best he could in an awkward situation.
I have to admire him for not trusting to leave her alone outside the door.

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:31 AM   #6
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
>she is really too big to be in a men's restroom.

Why is that? She's not hanging out in there, she's standing in the corner so she's not left alone outside the men's restroom.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:11 PM   #7
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
This is not politically correct. The government needs to step in and create more laws that force Walmart to rectify this situation or else pay heavy fines. After all, they're Walmart! They can afford it. I'm thinking "Children's Lounge" in a secure environment. :sarcasm:

This reminds me of the situation with Home Depot in California where the government is forcing Home Depot to construct air conditioned shelters with bathrooms out in the parking lot for the illegal alien workers who congregate and loiter out in front of the store looking for work.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:16 PM   #8
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I am like Pokie. I think the father was doing the best he could. I would not leave a young girl of that age outside of the restroom unattended. How many girls of that age and younger have been kidnapped or molested from Wal Marts around the country in recent years? Several.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:18 PM   #9
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
That would be your tax and spend liberals trying to save the world one vote at a time. That state (CA) has a case of the bleeding hearts and I am glad they stay out there. I do not like what their Circuit Court tries to do with our laws. They are the most overturned court in the country.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:24 PM   #10
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
I am like Pokie. I think the father was doing the best he could. I would not leave a young girl of that age outside of the restroom unattended. How many girls of that age and younger have been kidnapped or molested from Wal Marts around the country in recent years? Several.
If that was he father, I truly believe he was doing the best he could to not leave the child by herself. But what about your perverts that love looking at little girls and getting off on it, it happens. What happens if one exposes himself to her without her father knowing. Do you think if that happened she is going to tell daddy. If there are urinals, what do you think she saw, it was said you could not see her until you leaving. This is why alot of places are putting in family restrooms seperate.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:27 PM   #11
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
The Ryans on Airline has 3 restrooms: men, women, and a family restroom for parents with kids. The family restroom has one toilet and a lockable door for parents who need to accompany kids to the restroom (or logically vice versa). It sounds to me like more places need these types of facilities.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:11 PM   #12
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

>What happens if one exposes himself to her without her father knowing.

Then she would see some dude's wang. I don't think it would kill her.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:45 PM   #13
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
>What happens if one exposes himself to her without her father knowing.

Then she would see some dude's wang. I don't think it would kill her.
Just how many children do you show your wang to. Oh I almost forgot you can't your an ass.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:33 PM   #14
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Probably a few since I do use public restrooms where children are sometimes present, especially at football games and what not. Outside of that setting, the only children that (to my knowledge) ever see my wang are my kids.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:07 PM   #15
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
I never had a problem with my daughter in Walmart. I simply handcuff her to a trolling motor or a boombox when I go weewee.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote