Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Local News

Notices

Old 06-13-2007, 08:26 AM   #16
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
I grew up about 4-5 blocks from that hill and a couple years it actually snowed enough to sled down it.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:39 AM   #17
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
I grew up about 4-5 blocks from that hill and a couple years it actually snowed enough to sled down it.
It's funny you say that. I grew up in Jonesboro where the road across our back yard was steep enough to sled on. When it iced over, people would come from all adjacent neighborhoods to sled down the hill. Talk about fun! The mayor would actually order traffic shut down there for the sledding because it wasn't at all a major road.

Then old Mayor Zuber died and they elected some jerk who wasn't aware of this event and he started putting sand on this road when it iced over. No wonder politicians get assassinated.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:02 AM   #18
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
My house now is on top of a giant hill. If we ever get snow I'm going to have to have every kid within a mile radius on my front lawn.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:09 AM   #19
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

My hill:

Old 06-13-2007, 09:14 AM   #20
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
My house now is on top of a giant hill. If we ever get snow I'm going to have to have every kid within a mile radius on my front lawn.
This is very unlike you Joe, but I knew there was another side of you. Very nice and very nice hill at your house. Kids would love sledding there.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:00 AM   #21
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Just think about it like this Joe: If there is snow this winter, all of US will meet at your house for sledding!! A little SBLive party at the Pole house! I wonder who can make it down that hill the fastest???????????

Old 06-13-2007, 12:40 PM   #22
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
I wonder who can make it down that hill the fastest???????????
I'm putting my money on Snowman.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:49 PM   #23
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
That is a very good prediction Anime! The more you weigh, the faster you go down that hill, correct???????????
Old 06-13-2007, 08:20 PM   #24
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
That is a very good prediction Anime! The more you weigh, the faster you go down that hill, correct???????????
That is so right Tbelle only you might end up with two black eyes as your gardens come undone
Click image for larger version

Name:	snowgirl_1978_europe.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	749
Texasbelle queen of the Snow Hill.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:55 PM   #25
Snow Man

Rep Power: 0 Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice
Hey buddy get your hands off my old lady You know what happens when you roll Snow Man down the hill. The snow balls get very big and that is why the Snow Girls think he is cold blooded. I must get back to the freezer this LA weather is kicking my ice hole.
Snow Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:56 PM   #26
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
There is a drainage tunnel that runs all the way from behind Azalea Cleaners (by Pierremont Mall) under Line Avenue and under South Highlands Elementary all the way to Erie@Thornhill, where you can crawl through a small (18-inch-ish) pipe to emerge out of those rectangular drains. It's amazing we lived to adulthood.
LOL, I did not know that particular route. But I agree it's amazing we lived to adulthood. I have lots of stories but I don't want to appear to be too stupid all at once. But there was that time I plugged a DC slot car motor into our AC wall outlet. And that Cherry bomb in the neighbors mailbox with a time delay fuse (a cigarette burning to the fuse stuck in one end) And the flaming tennis balls soaked in gasoline. And the bottle rocket wars.... Oh did I mention wheelies!!

There was one neighbor named Peter Davis (who passed away I believe) whose father was a vet in the 60's and they had a baby chimp who would get on the back of Peter's Honda SL100 and they would ride wheelies up and town Dillingham. They even made the newpaper with picture!

LOL, today PETA would be on the scene with a lawsuit for endangering chimps with cruel and unusual punishment. But I swear that ape loved it!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:58 PM   #27
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbelly
It's a blast! I ride My bike down that sucker all the time and hit about 35 MPH
The ride back up is a blast as well, the old heart hits about 172 most of the time. Makes it that much stronger. About five times in a row is enough.

LOL, I remember going down thrill hill on my 10 speed in the mid 70's and it freaked me out. I really thought I was going to die! But I made it! whew! Never again.......
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:00 PM   #28
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Hey rhertz did you have any brakes on your bike back then or did you just drag your toes ?
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:00 PM   #29
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Man
Hey buddy get your hands off my old lady You know what happens when you roll Snow Man down the hill. The snow balls get very big and that is why the Snow Girls think he is cold blooded. I must get back to the freezer this LA weather is kicking my ice hole.
LMAO you are too funny Snowman!
Old 06-13-2007, 09:06 PM   #30
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Hey that Snow Man is one cool dude Hope to see him post again when the winter comes around. Tbelle you looked great in that snow suit