Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Entertainment

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2007, 05:16 PM   #16
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran
 
piemaker720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,584
Rep Power: 171 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
Of course it's different for women. Men groping women represent a danger to the woman. A woman grabbing a unit through your pants does not.
It would be dangerous if it got up and the woman decide to rape you.
__________________
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.-- Bill Cosby
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 08:30 PM   #17
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran
 
Texasbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the woods
Posts: 1,819
Rep Power: 187 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think it is part of his job as an entertainer to be groped. Faith had every right and hats off to her for having the nerve to get up on the stage and set the biatch straight. Tim is Faith's husband, that's her package, and she's the only woman who should be groping it. If a man had done that to a woman, it would be called sexual assault which is a crime, correct?
__________________
One shoe can change your life! Cinderella
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:24 PM   #18
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran
 
Pocahontas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,691
Rep Power: 194 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
__________________
"The greater your capacity to love, the greater your capacity to feel the pain."

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:19 PM   #19
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran
 
piemaker720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,584
Rep Power: 171 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
I don't think it is part of his job as an entertainer to be groped. Faith had every right and hats off to her for having the nerve to get up on the stage and set the biatch straight. Tim is Faith's husband, that's her package, and she's the only woman who should be groping it. If a man had done that to a woman, it would be called sexual assault which is a crime, correct?
I'm with you Belle, ain't nobody should be groping Faith's husband but Faith.
__________________
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.-- Bill Cosby
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:38 PM   #20
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran
 
rhertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,834
Rep Power: 216 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaker720
I'm with you Belle, ain't nobody should be groping Faith's husband but Faith.
Even if husband makes 6 to 8 figures as a "heart throb" for millions of women?
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:44 PM   #21
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran
 
Texasbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the woods
Posts: 1,819
Rep Power: 187 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
What's your point Rhertz? That because he makes 6 to 8 million off the fans it gives them a right to grab his package? Would that give them the right to grab her breasts? NO. Are you trying to sink to Joe's level? I thought you had more class.

This is just like we teach our children. PAY ATTENTION.

NOBODY has the right (no matter how much money is involved, no matter what they say, or what your profession) to touch your body or violate your space without your permission.
__________________
One shoe can change your life! Cinderella
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:51 PM   #22
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran
 
piemaker720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,584
Rep Power: 171 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
What's your point Rhertz? That because he makes 6 to 8 million off the fans it gives them a right to grab his package? Would that give them the right to grab her breasts? NO. Are you trying to sink to Joe's level? I thought you had more class.

This is just like we teach our children. PAY ATTENTION.

NOBODY has the right (no matter how much money is involved, no matter what they say, or what your profession) to touch your body or violate your space without your permission.
Bravo Belle, you go girl. Yes rhertz even if he makes 6 figures they still have no right to grab him. I agree Belle, rhertz is sinking to Joe's level and he didn't even duck. the shame of it all.
__________________
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.-- Bill Cosby
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:26 PM   #23
Isabella
Advanced Member
 
Isabella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 487
Rep Power: 158 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
Of course it's different for women. Men groping women represent a danger to the woman. A woman grabbing a unit through your pants does not.
You wish you were the one who got groped? LOL
__________________
Where there is a will there is a way!
Isabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:29 PM   #24
Isabella
Advanced Member
 
Isabella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 487
Rep Power: 158 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
I don't think it is part of his job as an entertainer to be groped. Faith had every right and hats off to her for having the nerve to get up on the stage and set the biatch straight. Tim is Faith's husband, that's her package, and she's the only woman who should be groping it. If a man had done that to a woman, it would be called sexual assault which is a crime, correct?
Three cheers for you!
__________________
Where there is a will there is a way!
Isabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:11 AM   #25
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member
 
Al Swearengen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 849
Rep Power: 169 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
I had to weigh in on this one. Tim quite possibly realized that he and the groper were being watched by the cameras, and that if his expression gave any indication that he enjoyed the grope or did not find it offensive, he'd be in for a real hard time from Faith, prompting her to one-up him by allowing herself to be groped. By the way, I think we can all agree that Faith is an attractive woman, can we not? But was'nt she caught on camera with a petulant sneer on her lovely face when someone else got some award recently that she believed was rightfully hers? Then she tried to play it off like she was putting on a show for the camera. Yeah right. I think the world got a glimpse into whats really behind that petty, pretty face. She has it all... money, fame, looks...but she didnt get some ridiculous award, and the true measure of her character is plainly revealed.
__________________
Molon Labe!

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 08-01-2007 at 02:26 AM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:57 AM   #26
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran
 
Texasbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the woods
Posts: 1,819
Rep Power: 187 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Al I really like you but this time I will have to disagree. Tim grew up with in Rayville with my husband's older children. He used to play baseball with them, spend the night with them, etc. One of the kids is still able to stay in contact with him. Tim McGraw at this stage in his life would not want some two bit, back woods groupie at a concert groping his package. And with a wife like Faith why would he? Not. Men are not stupid. Most know when they have the trophy at home, the prize package, don't be stupid enough to screw it up and he is no different. Tim and Faith are a class act. This year we contacted them on behalf of a cancer patient that as a wish just wanted to see them in concert. Without hesitation or question, we were sent a pair of tickets for her. They have big hearts and are good people. Their marriage deserves respect.

I still stand by my question that if a man had done this to a woman he would have been charged with a crime so why is it ok for the woman to do it to the man? IT'S NOT!!!!!
__________________
One shoe can change your life! Cinderella
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:09 AM   #27
Isabella
Advanced Member
 
Isabella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 487
Rep Power: 158 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Al I really like you but this time I will have to disagree. Tim grew up with in Rayville with my husband's older children. He used to play baseball with them, spend the night with them, etc. One of the kids is still able to stay in contact with him. Tim McGraw at this stage in his life would not want some two bit, back woods groupie at a concert groping his package. And with a wife like Faith why would he? Not. Men are not stupid. Most know when they have the trophy at home, the prize package, don't be stupid enough to screw it up and he is no different. Tim and Faith are a class act. This year we contacted them on behalf of a cancer patient that as a wish just wanted to see them in concert. Without hesitation or question, we were sent a pair of tickets for her. They have big hearts and are good people. Their marriage deserves respect.

I still stand by my question that if a man had done this to a woman he would have been charged with a crime so why is it ok for the woman to do it to the man? IT'S NOT!!!!!


I agree!
__________________
Where there is a will there is a way!
Isabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:15 AM   #28
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran
 
Pocahontas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,691
Rep Power: 194 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
I had to weigh in on this one. Tim quite possibly realized that he and the groper were being watched by the cameras, and that if his expression gave any indication that he enjoyed the grope or did not find it offensive, he'd be in for a real hard time from Faith, prompting her to one-up him by allowing herself to be groped. By the way, I think we can all agree that Faith is an attractive woman, can we not? But was'nt she caught on camera with a petulant sneer on her lovely face when someone else got some award recently that she believed was rightfully hers? Then she tried to play it off like she was putting on a show for the camera. Yeah right. I think the world got a glimpse into whats really behind that petty, pretty face. She has it all... money, fame, looks...but she didnt get some ridiculous award, and the true measure of her character is plainly revealed.
Everything that I saw later interviews and such with Faith over this misleading ugly face she made when losing her award was apparently Faith playing a joke. I believe her explanation and I believe she and Tim to be top notch people as Tbelle does.
__________________
"The greater your capacity to love, the greater your capacity to feel the pain."

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:46 AM   #29
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran
 
Texasbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the woods
Posts: 1,819
Rep Power: 187 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Pokie, do you think the men who are on here defending the crotch grabbing are the ones who are desperate to get their crotch grabbed? And it doesn't matter who grabs it as long as someone does???????????? Work on your marriages, boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
One shoe can change your life! Cinderella
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:59 AM   #30
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran
 
rhertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,834
Rep Power: 216 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
What's your point Rhertz?
My point is that if you portray yourself as a heart throb superstar, it would be wise to expect some harrassment from fans. I'm not saying it is right, only that it comes with the territory. For example, if I was Steve Tyler wearing skin tight leather pants showing off my package in front of thousands of screaming women every night, I would not be shocked or surprised if one of them crossed the line. I see this as no different than stalking a superstar which happens all the time. Put them in jail and move on. Speaking for myself, I do not want to be stalked or attacked by a fan which is why I don't try to become a star. But if I did make millions doing it, I would hire a body guard to look out for my safety. Of course that body guard might not always be around when you need him, but then nobody forces anyone to become a star, and most people know there is heat in the kitchen.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.7.2
Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
2008 Shreveport.com