Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2006, 08:16 PM   #1
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
Question: Why are we in Iraq

politics aside.. and maybe that's impossible.. Just read another local Louisiana native has died in Iraq. I feel so sorry for their families. I admire those who serve in our armed services, as well as those such as firefighters and police who put themselves in harms way to protect us.

But I honestly have to ask the question.. .WHY are we in Iraq? after spending some 300Billion dollars and rising, some 2000+ dead service men and woman who have died. WHAT will see for our efforts when it is all said and done? besides the likes of Haliburton who are making a fortune over there. and the uncertainty of it all rising gas prices... what will we see as American Citizens ? what will get in return ? The people of Iraq do not concern me, o.k. sure we got rid of Sadam, and he was a bastard.. and he's OUT Of control.. now what ? Will they ever see a true democracy ? I have my doubts, but for sake of argument, say they do ? What do we care ? in a few years they'll be a Coup or something.. I don't see the Iraqi people being forever grateful for our sacrifice. I certainly don't feel "safer" because of what we are doing over there ? I feel there's more dangerous nations on this planet.. Iran... North Korea.. And you can't say we've scared them any because of Iraq.. they just see us "Stuck" over there. So can someone enlighten me.. tell me what we gain for our efforts over there ? So i don't have to feel these young men and woman dying over there is for nothing ???
Rough Rider is offline   Reply With Quote