Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > World News

Notices

Old 05-16-2007, 11:14 AM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Illinois Gun Permit Issued To 10 Month Old Baby

"Bubba" Ludwig can't walk, talk or open the refrigerator door -- but he does have his very own Illinois gun permit.
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:24 AM   #2
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
and yet some gun toting jackass is gonna come online and tell us we DON'T need more regulations and closer government supervision, huh?
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:46 AM   #3
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
and yet some gun toting jackass is gonna come online and tell us we DON'T need more regulations and closer government supervision, huh?
You want more government regulations and you want choice to kill babies ?
What a joke
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:54 AM   #4
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
I don't "condone" abortion, but I am pro-choice. I realize the subtle difference is a little more than someone like you will be able to grasp, but there is a difference.

...and what kind of a SICK **** compares the hardest choice a woman would ever have to make to the sheer negligence that MUST BE involved in order for a 10 month old child to be issued a gun permit?

WTF happened to background checks anyway?
Old 05-16-2007, 11:54 AM   #5
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Why is this a problem?
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 12:33 PM   #6
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Well the first problem I see is who in the hell buys a 10 month old a shotgun for a gift. I don't know about you but this concerns me. I guess you'll see him on a shooting range at 2.If you ask me I know where the dad got his brains from, it was handed down, god help the kid.

Name:  021_image022.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  12.2 KB
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 01:16 PM   #7
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
>who in the hell buys a 10 month old a shotgun for a gift.

The kid's grandfather. That is not unusual. They can't use it present-day anymore than they can use savings bonds, but they can use it when they get older.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:49 PM   #8
BrainSmashR
Banned

The "problem" is that the purpose of the permit is to make sure undesirables like convicted felons or registered sex offenders don't legally have permission to carry a firearm yet it is blatantly obvious no background check was conducted before this permit was issued.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:42 PM   #9
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Why is that obvious? A background check on a baby would (hopefully) return 0 results, so the permit should be approved. Is there a minimum age requirement they were supposed to verify?
Old 05-17-2007, 08:51 AM   #10
Millipede

Rep Power: 0 Millipede has a spectacular aura about Millipede has a spectacular aura about Millipede has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Millipede Send a message via Yahoo to Millipede
Oddly enough, I have to agree with joepole on this one. A 10 month old is not likely to go on a shooting spree or set off his gun accidently or what have you. Actually learning about guns and gun safety from a young age could help allieviate some of the problems we have now with younger children and gun curiosity.
My wife was of the notion that the kids should not be allowed to purchase toy guns or pretend to use guns at all. All that happened was that they started making them from legos.
I have talked to them both about gun safety and why one would have a gun and what they should be used for. I do not actually own a gun myself, but figure if I can satisfy thier curiosity they would be less likely to want a gun as they get older. Of course, I want to be able to go out and buy a gun if I want one so I am not a gun control person either. I think that an armed robber would be less likely to rob a store full of armed customers and staff.
At the same time I can see where everyone haveing a gun might cause an increase in crimes of passion or what... but I guess if you are mad enough, a brick will kill just as well as a bullet.
As an aside, I know that North Carolina sells lifetime fishing and hunting licenses to anyone and they are cheaper if the child is younger. A newborn will not hunt or fish, but he will be able to use it as he gets older.
A bit windy I guess... but as long as there is resposible adult supervision I don't see a problem either.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:21 AM   #11
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

>A 10 month old is not likely to go on a shooting spree or set off his gun accidently or what have you.

I don't think that's the purpose of the licensing, anyway. I believe it to prevent those that are legally barred from owning guns from doing so. A 10 month old should pass any background check.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:25 AM   #12
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Oh run her comes a ten month old with a shotgun Working with inmates seems to have rubbed off on you. I am sure you get along with them well
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote