Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > World News

Notices

Old 03-20-2007, 11:11 PM   #241
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 234 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmasher
Sour grapes Belle, sour grapes. Dont be so catty, dear, its not very lady-like. So T-Belle, what do you think of my Tinkerbell outfit? Isnt it just adorable?

XOXOXOXO,
Brain
hey i have one of those!!
Old 03-21-2007, 07:22 AM   #242
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
Now I know for sure you are not the real one! Hmmmmm, I have an idea who you really are.

NOW you know that's not the real one?

Multiple nicks....sure, but when have I ever altered my personality?

Edit:

You know, I just thought of something interesting this morning. The "impersonator", whom most of you know is lying about his identity and most likely his sexuality as well, has a reputation that growing....

While I, who have been perfectly honest and open about my thought and opinions with every single one of you, has and ever decreasing reputation.

Seems to me lot's of you clearly prefer being lied to over constantly being told the truth? I'll have to expound on this later....
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:13 AM   #243
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
It is all about freedom and choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
NOW you know that's not the real one?

Multiple nicks....sure, but when have I ever altered my personality?

Edit:

You know, I just thought of something interesting this morning. The "impersonator", whom most of you know is lying about his identity and most likely his sexuality as well, has a reputation that growing....

While I, who have been perfectly honest and open about my thought and opinions with every single one of you, has and ever decreasing reputation.

Seems to me lot's of you clearly prefer being lied to over constantly being told the truth? I'll have to expound on this later....
Well now Brain. You want people to read your post and believe that the other avatar is not you ? Then you say people would rather be lied to ? I do not care what you post and I can see you do not either. You made me mad when you first started posting here but now I get a laugh when I read your post. I will never get mad at your post again. All one has to do is consider the source and move on. Make your point with out the insults and you might find people will reply to your post but once again it is your choice. There are a few new people on the board and I welcome them all Old Soul, Fact and the Saints fan with the brown bag very nice and Texasbelle and I hope a few more. We are all just avatars with opinions some good some not so good and that is up to the reader. In this world of make believe who knows what is real and what is not. Did you take the red pill or the blue pill or did you take both the pills.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:42 AM   #244
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Don't flatter yourselves too much Brain1 and 2

Your multiple personalities are just a tad bit over the top. It seems that you should consider just being honest with the nice folks here and being true to just one personality. Come on, be honest, and have a fair discussion as ONE PERSON. And play nice while you are on the playground.

Actually I can't see your Avatar. I don't know why but yours is the only one I can't see which I guess could be a good thing.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:24 AM   #245
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Your multiple personalities are just a tad bit over the top. It seems that you should consider just being honest with the nice folks here and being true to just one personality. Come on, be honest, and have a fair discussion as ONE PERSON. And play nice while you are on the playground.

Actually I can't see your Avatar. I don't know why but yours is the only one I can't see which I guess could be a good thing.
Actually Texasbelle, the member whose name is BrainSmasher (proper spelling) is most likely not the same person as the other one. It appears to be obvious that there is someone on the forum posing as the original.

By the way, Brain (the real one), it isn't that we prefer being lied to. Your reputation is so low because you so strongly discourage the masses from believing anything that did not come out of your mouth. You claim that you have the only truth and what we all believe is a blatant lie...and you wonder why your rep is low? Agree to disagree. I admit that some of the members of this board could use a little extra tact from the polite factory, but I hope you'll forgive me for saying that you are definitely one of them.

If your mission here is to make all of the Christians on this board doubt their beliefs, then it would be foolish not to expect your rep taking some hits, especially when your methods are so direct and tactless. The name-calling and childish arguing like something you'd see on a schoolyard of 10-year-olds does not become this board. We should all make an effort to keep our debates clean and not take the opinions of other members so personally.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:38 AM   #246
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Anime I could not agree more on anything than what you have posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
Actually Texasbelle, the member whose name is BrainSmasher (proper spelling) is most likely not the same person as the other one. It appears to be obvious that there is someone on the forum posing as the original.

By the way, Brain (the real one), it isn't that we prefer being lied to. Your reputation is so low because you so strongly discourage the masses from believing anything that did not come out of your mouth. You claim that you have the only truth and what we all believe is a blatant lie...and you wonder why your rep is low? Agree to disagree. I admit that some of the members of this board could use a little extra tact from the polite factory, but I hope you'll forgive me for saying that you are definitely one of them.

If your mission here is to make all of the Christians on this board doubt their beliefs, then it would be foolish not to expect your rep taking some hits, especially when your methods are so direct and tactless. The name-calling and childish arguing like something you'd see on a schoolyard of 10-year-olds does not become this board. We should all make an effort to keep our debates clean and not take the opinions of other members so personally.
Brain we welcome debate and yes we can agree to disagree. I would like to see you stay on the board but the attacks on ones person and not sticking to the issue at hand is not good. I have been guilty too but I am now taking on a new attitude and I hope you do to.
Isaac
Old 03-21-2007, 10:02 AM   #247
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Christianity will never die.

I know this is a copy and paste but well worth checking out.

Do you know the Preamble for your state? Check out the end...

Alabama 1901 , Preamble . We the people of the State of Alabama , invoking the favor and guidance of Almighty God, do ordain and establish the following Constitution.
Alaska 1956, Preamble . We, the people of Alaska ,grateful to God and to those who founded our nation and pioneered this great land.
Arizona 1911, Preamble . We, the people of the State of Arizona , grateful to Almighty God for our liberties, do ordain this Constitution...
Arkansas 1874, Preamble . We, the people of the State of Arkansas , grateful to Almighty God for the privilege of choosing our own form of government...
California 1879, Preamble . We, the People of the State of California , grateful to Almighty God for our freedom.
Colorado 1876, Preamble . We, the people of Colorado , with profound reverence for the Supreme Ruler of Universe.
Connecticut 1818, Preamble. The People of Connecticut, acknowledging with gratitude the good Providence of God in permitting them to enjoy.
Delaware 1897, Preamble . Through Divine Goodness all men have, by nature, the rights of worshipping and
serving their Creator according to the dictates of their consciences.
Florida 1885, Preamble . We, the people of the State of Florida , grateful to Almighty God for our constitutional liberty, establish this Constitution...
Georgia 1777, Preamble . We, the people of Georgia, relying upon protection and guidance of Almighty God, do ordain and establish this Constitution...
Hawaii 1959, Preamble . We , the people of Hawaii , Grateful for Divine Guidance ... Establish this Constitution.
Idaho 1889, Preamble . We, the people of the State of Idaho , grateful to Almighty God for our freedom, to secure its blessings.
Illinois 1870, Preamble . We, the people of the State of Illinois, grateful to Almighty God for the civil, political and religious liberty which He hath so long permitted us to enjoy and looking to Him for a blessing on our endeavors.
Indiana 1851, Preamble . We, the People of the State of Indiana , grateful to Almighty God for the free exercise of the right to choose our form of government.
Iowa 1857, Preamble We, the People of the State of Iowa , grateful to the Supreme Being for the blessings hitherto enjoyed, and feeling our dependence on Him for a continuation of these blessings establish this Constitution.
Kansas 1859, Preamble . We, the people of Kansas , grateful to Almighty God for our civil and religious privileges establish this Constitution.
Kentucky 1891, Preamble. We, the people of the Commonwealth are grateful to Almighty God for the civil, political and religious liberties...
Louisiana 1921, Preamble We, the people of the State of Louisiana , grateful to Almighty God for the civil, political and religious liberties we enjoy.
Maine 1820, Preamble</ FONT> . We the People of Maine acknowledging with grateful hearts the goodness of the Sovereign Ruler of the Universe in affording us an opportunity ... And imploring His aid and direction.
Maryland 1776, Preamble We, the people of the state of Maryland , grateful to Almighty God for our civil and religious liberty...
Massachusetts 1780, Preamble . We...the people of Massachusetts , acknowledging with grateful hearts, the goodness of the Great Legislator of the Universe .. In the course of His Providence, an opportunity and devoutly imploring His direction ..
Michigan 1908, Preamble . We, the people of the State of Michigan , grateful to Almighty God for the blessings of freedom establish this Constitution.
Minnesota, 1857, Preamble . We, the people of the State of Minnesota , grateful to God for our civil and religious liberty, and desiring to perpetuate its blessings: </ FONT> Mississippi 1890, Preamble We, the people of Mississippi in convention assembled, grateful to Al mighty God, and invoking His blessing on our work.
Missouri 1845, Preamble . We, the people of Missouri, with profound reverence for the Supreme Ruler of the Universe, and grateful for His goodness . Establish this Constitution
Montana 1889, Preamble. We, the people of Montana , grateful to Almighty God for the blessings of liberty establish this Constitution ....
Nebraska 1875, Preamble . We, the people, grateful to Almighty God for our freedom .. Establish this Constitution.
Nevada 1864, Preamble . We the people of the State of Nevada ,
grateful to Almighty God for our freedom establish this Constitution
New Hampshire 1792, Part I. Art. I. Sec. V . Every individual has a natural and unalienable right to worship God according to the dictates of his own conscience.
New Jersey 1844, Preamble . We, the people of the State of New Jersey, grateful to Almighty God for civil and religious liberty which He hath so long permitted us to enjoy, and looking to Him for a blessing on our endeavors.
New Mexico 1911, Preamble . We, the People of New Mexico, grateful to Almighty God for the blessings of liberty
New York 1846, Preamble . We, the people of the State of New York , grateful to Almighty God for our freedom, in order to secure its blessings.
North Carolina 1868, Preamble . We the people of the State of North Carolina, grateful to Almighty God, the Sovereign Ruler of Nations, for our civil, political, and
religious liberties, and acknowledging our dependence upon Him for the continuance of those
North Dakota 1889, Preamble . We , the people of North Dakota , grateful to Almighty God for the blessings
of civil and religious liberty, do ordain...
Ohio 1852, Preamble . We the people of the state of Ohio , grateful to Almighty God for our freedom, to secure
its blessings and to promote our common
Oklahoma 1907, Preamble . Invoking the guidance of Almighty God, in order to secure and perpetuate the blessings of liberty .. establish this .
Oregon 1857, Bill of Rights, Article I. Section 2.
All men shall be secure in the Natural right, to worship Almighty God according to the dictates of their consciences..
Pennsylvania 1776, Preamble We, the people of Pennsylvania , grateful to Almighty God for the blessings of civil and religious liberty, and humbly invoking His guidance
Rhode Island 1842, Preamble. We the People of the State of Rhode Island grateful to Almighty God for the civil and religious liberty which He hath so long permitted us to enjoy, and looking to Him for a blessing.
South Carolina, 1778, Preamble . We, the people of he State of South Carolina grateful to God for our liberties, do ordain and establish this Constitution.
South Dakota 1889, Preamble . We, the people of South Dakota , grateful to Almighty God for our civil and religious liberties
Tennessee 1796, Art. XI.III. That all men have a natural and indefeasible right to worship Almighty God according to the dictates of their conscience...
Texas 1845, Preamble . We the People of the Republic of Texas , acknowledging, with gratitude, the grace and beneficence of God.
Utah 1896, Preamble . Grateful to Almighty God for life and liberty, we establish this Constitution.
Vermont 1777, Preamble . Whereas all government ought to enable the individuals who compose it to enjoy their natural rights, and other blessings which the Author of Existence has bestowed on man .
Virginia 177 6, Bill of Rights, XVI Religion, or the Duty which we owe our Creator can be directed only by Reason and that it is the mutual duty of all to practice Christian Forbearance, Love and Charity towards each other
Washington 1889, Preamble We the People of the State of Washington , grateful to the Supreme Ruler of the Universe for our liberties, do ordain this Constitution
West Virginia 1872, Preamble . Since through Divine Providence we enjoy the blessings of civil, political and
religious liberty, we, the people of West Virginia reaffirm our faith in and constant reliance upon God ..
Wisconsin 1848, Preamble . We, the people of Wisconsin , grateful to Almighty God for our freedom, domestic tranquility
Wyoming 1890, Preamble . We, the people of the State of Wyoming , grateful to God for our civil, political,
and religious liberties .. establish this Constitution.

After reviewing acknowledgments of God from all 50 state constitutions, one is faced with the prospect that maybe, the ACLU and the out-of-control federal courts are wrong!

Please note that at no time is anyone told that they MUST worship God .

"Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants." - William Penn

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Old 03-21-2007, 10:12 AM   #248
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Yikes, that's too much reading.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:20 AM   #249
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Just pick the ones you would like to read

Quote:
Yikes, that's too much reading.
I know it was long but you do not have to read the whole thing to get my point. Don't let it scare you Anime. It is just how this country came to be.
Isaac
I will keep them short in the future but I could not pass this one up.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:30 AM   #250
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Interesting...Virginia is the only one that actually mentions Christianity.

Quote:
Virginia 177 6, Bill of Rights, XVI Religion, or the Duty which we owe our Creator can be directed only by Reason and that it is the mutual duty of all to practice Christian Forbearance, Love and Charity towards each other
Hehehe. The Christian Farbearance part leaves you out, doesn't it, Iaasc?
Old 03-21-2007, 10:53 AM   #251
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Well Anime you have a point there

Quote:
Interesting...Virginia is the only one that actually mentions Christianity.

Hehehe. The Christian Farbearance part leaves you out, doesn't it, Iaasc?
May be time to move to Virginia My point not being lost "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" so I know how you feel about the Bible and that is what we call "choice" we all have to make them if you know what I mean
Isaac
Hey Anime I see you had time to read that "long" post of mine. Very good young man, very good !
Old 03-21-2007, 10:58 AM   #252
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
But in every one of those Constitutions they acknowledged God which means they ALL were acknowledging his existence. I typically equate God and Christianity together. I wonder if our forefathers did as well.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:18 AM   #253
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

It's quite possible, and I'd even say likely, that every reference to God in those lines are referring to the Christian God. However, we also have to acknowledge that Christians aren't the only ones who acknowledge God.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:12 PM   #254
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Well now Brain. You want people to read your post and believe that the other avatar is not you ?
I see, so the belief in imaginary beings, like your god for instance, is "normal", and even expected, but believing that someone is pretending to be a gay version of me for their own entertainment (and for your entertainment as well, but to a lesser extent) is just to big of a stretch for you to grasp?

Not that I care....I just want you to be perfectly clear on the multiple reasons I have for questioning your intelligence level.
Quote:
Then you say people would rather be lied to ? I do not care what you post and I can see you do not either. You made me mad when you first started posting here but now I get a laugh when I read your post. I will never get mad at your post again. All one has to do is consider the source and move on.
1. You obviously don't consider "the source" relevent if you believe I am posting under the guise of multiple nicks without any evidence to support your theory.

2. Glad you found the ability to dissociate your real life from your internet persona. Now maybe we can have intelligent conversations without you calling me a Socialist and preaching the gospel in every 2-3 posts.

3. It's obvious that people "prefer" the lie....simply look at the extreme difference between the reputation of me and the imposter.....the numbers speak for themselves.

Quote:
Make your point with out the insults and you might find people will reply to your post but once again it is your choice.
Make your point without referencing imaginary beings when the subject doesn't pertain to religion, and I just might.
Quote:
There are a few new people on the board and I welcome them all Old Soul, Fact and the Saints fan with the brown bag very nice and Texasbelle and I hope a few more. We are all just avatars with opinions some good some not so good and that is up to the reader. In this world of make believe who knows what is real and what is not. Did you take the red pill or the blue pill or did you take both the pills.
Isaac
Well, I think it's pretty obvious to those of us paying attention what is real and what is not....at any rate I'm happy to see membership on the rise as well.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:24 PM   #255
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Your multiple personalities are just a tad bit over the top.
No, it's easier for you to believe I have multiple personalities than for you to believe someone is simply imitating me(or at least you claim to). I attribute this solely humanistic trait specifically to religion.
Quote:
It seems that you should consider just being honest with the nice folks here and being true to just one personality. Come on, be honest, and have a fair discussion as ONE PERSON. And play nice while you are on the playground.
Obviously you are still confused about the message I am attempting to relay to you...
Quote:
You can't see my avatar because I don't have a specific avatar. Instead I use a rotating script to randomly select an avatar from my database on BrainSmashR.com.

Every time the page refreshes, the script selects a different image

Unfortunately linking to off-site avatars is disabled on this board