Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Science & Technology

Notices

Old 11-30-2006, 12:28 PM   #1
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Man must leave planet earth ?

The idea that we can jump on a space ship and just relocate is crazy and so is Mr. Hawkins with the idea that there is only one way out.
Link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...hawking130.xml

Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 03:11 PM   #2
Bob
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 221 Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice
What makes him crazy ? The whole world is going to heck in hand basket.. Common sense says it's just a matter of time before we are totally screwed. Over population, global warming, fammin', drinkable water shortages, war, diseases.. the next giant meteor.. you name it.

I'm sure Hawkins knows as well as anyone, we aren't going to simply hop to the next planet and colonize. But if we EVER WANT TO.. we better get on the ball and start working on it now. I believe that is all he's saying.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 05:43 PM   #3
Hattie Thomas

Rep Power: 0 Hattie Thomas is on a distinguished road Hattie Thomas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Hattie Thomas
Star Wars

Hattie Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 07:41 PM   #4
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
What makes him crazy ?

Do you see any other planets that even look like they might be a nice place to replenish man kind ? I think this guy has had to much time to think and being in his state of health wise this gets him the media action he wants. It is ok to be a dreamer some time. I do not know what he believes but I for one know there is my God the Creator of Heaven and Earth and the idea that we are going to save our race or our own soul is wrong "in MY opinion" ! I believe that the bell curve would take place if Christ did not intervene before the ninety percent die off occurred. Just thoughts of Isaac that's all not written in stone for the masses just for me.
Isaac
Old 11-30-2006, 10:17 PM   #5
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Not sure I understand the reaction to this news.. It has always been human nature I think to explore our frontiers. We're running out of them here on this rock. I've always felt.. that there HAS TO BE other life forms OUT THERE somewhere ? But the more I hear about how our planet was formed.. and how incredibly lucky we are that everything fell into place to make this planet livable and able to sustain life.. I start to wonder just possibly how RARE it would be to find another planet with life, much less a planet with beings able to travel the stars ?

But I think as long as we humans inhabit this earth.. it's in our nature to explore, to look to the stars, and dream up ways of further exploring space to see what we can find.

just my .02
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 11:00 PM   #6
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Nows as good a time as any...

We're NOT alone, folks. Its no joke, and pretending that it is, well, those of you who think there's not an alien presence in our atmosphere can go on deluding yourselves about that...right up until the time that you cant.

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 11-30-2006 at 11:31 PM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 07:36 AM   #7
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

UFO crashes in Russia

There was a big fire and an impact in Russia. What I really love about UFO is that they are unidentified. Most likely a meteor. In the great book of Ezekiel it is written about UFO's as highly polished bronze vehicles and also refer to a giant world wind and in Revelation it describes Gods throne coming down to earth on one of these vehicles. "on earth as it is in heaven" so if and when you see the videos of lights in the sky and how they do not move like vehicles as we know them then do a little side study and you too will see it is written. Here is the news column http://www.mosnews.com/news/2006/12/01/ufocrash.shtml

Isaac
Old 12-10-2006, 07:29 PM   #8
whoisthat

Rep Power: 0 whoisthat will become famous soon enough whoisthat will become famous soon enough
Off topic ? Or not?

Flying the friendly skies. Sounds like a plan, eh?

After you go through all the fare finders and finally commit to what you and your pocketbook agree is a doable price for your trip, your arrangements to leave town are in order. Your loved ones are farmed out or sittered-in, pets in safe keeping, abode is locked tight, you pack up and head out Hollywood to the airport.

Some person looks in your car windows and trunk (phenomenon not experienced in the other 22 airports I visited last year) you get to check-point inside the terminal. You remove your jacket, belt, keys, pocket contents, shoes, have carry-ons scrutinized. Your liquids and gels are exposed in the ONE QUART resealable baggie. You hopefully re-dress and gather up all your possessions again, get to gate and board plane. You're crammed in to a narrower than ever seat. Someone sits next to you, he's really fat and is spilling over into your space. The one behind you has whooping cough and restless leg syndrome. The one in front of you leans back. Someone needs a barf bag but erupts all over 3 rows, including yours. Then Fat guy begins to flatulate foully, fully and frequently.

Finally you land in the proper airport, but did your luggage come with you?
whoisthat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:34 AM   #9
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
A UFO at O'Hare? Some Pilots Thought So

Airline Employees Spot Mysterious Craft Hovering Over O'Hare; FAA Officials Skeptical

Quote:
CHICAGO Jan 1, 2007 (AP)— Federal officials say it was probably just some weird weather phenomenon, but a group of United Airlines employees swear they saw a mysterious, saucer-shaped craft hovering over O'Hare Airport last fall.
Link: A UFO at O'Hare? Some Pilots Thought So

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
--Sir Winston Churchill
Rough Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 01:54 PM   #10
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

A UFO at O'Hare? Some Pilots Thought So

You can find it written in the book of Ezekiel about "UFO's" and other places in the Bible about highly polished bronze vehicles. They are real and there is a reason they are not picked up on radar it is because of the dimension they are in.
Isaac
Old 01-18-2007, 05:52 AM   #11
Snow Man

Rep Power: 0 Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice
More sightings of UFOs in west AR

Now that is a bit close to home. I found this link and I thought it would go along with this thread. Please click on and let me know what you think.
Snow Man

http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53820
Snow Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:07 AM   #12
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
>Do you see any other planets that even look like they might be a nice place to replenish man kind

600 years ago did anyone in Europe know of any other continents that looked like a nice place settle?
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:15 AM   #13
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

600 years ago did anyone in Europe know of any other continents

600 years ago they where happy to have a mule and cart. I do no think they could see past the coast line. In the last hundred years things have come along way. Your second question about the other planets ? I do not see any other planets that even come close to the planet earth so no I do not see us packing up and moving or any other life forms living there. I do know that this clay shell can not inherit the kingdom of heaven. "on earth as it is in heaven" so a different dimension that the spirit or soul of man is in after this body we are in decays. Joepole do you believe in God ?
Isaac-Saxxon
Old 01-18-2007, 10:27 AM   #14
Snow Man

Rep Power: 0 Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice
planets that even look like they might be a nice place to replenish man kind

Well to replenish man kind would seem strange because there would have had to be man kind already there to (re) plenish ?
Snow Man
Snow Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:36 AM   #15
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
>600 years ago they where happy to have a mule and cart. I do no think they could see past the coast line.

>I do not see any other planets that even come close to the planet earth so no

Do you see a parallel?

I believe in God but I think the Bible is a work of fiction.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote