Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Local News

Notices

Old 05-10-2007, 08:08 PM   #31
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Joking Joe he was the one afraid to cut the cake
I thought that was UNCLE JOE ?
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:33 AM   #32
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Really? Well theres a certain mullethead that lives in Nachitoches that would love to meet ya!
Really, cuz I heard your wife was looking for a REAL man.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:44 AM   #33
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
I thought that was UNCLE JOE ?
Uncle Joe has become joking Joe for the purpose of my post
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:05 AM   #34
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 247 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Really, cuz I heard your wife was looking for a REAL man.
Really? Well I guess that rules YOU out...but keep your chin up, theres always your sister!

I underestimated ya, Brain...your powers of perception are absolutely amazin! How did ya guess that the "certain mullethead" I was referrin to was YOU? I mean, surely ya aint the only tragically mulleted fancy-lad in Nachitoches?

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 05-11-2007 at 08:25 AM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:34 AM   #35
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Ok! Let's talk home invasions, everyone. What sort of precautions do you all take, if any, to better prepare your homes against an intruder (i.e. cameras, alarms, guns, evil-looking dog, etc.)?

Me, personally, I'm not necessarily against gun control, but I don't like guns myself. I do, however, keep a small arsenal of self-defense weapons. Other than that, it would be very hard for someone to break into our house without someone hearing.

As a matter of fact, some doped-up teenager snuck up to our house one Sunday morning a while back and got into my car in the driveway. We're not sure what he was trying to do as he was on the passenger side, but we heard him close the car door and I ran out there to deal with him. I saw cops patrolling the streets and KNEW they were looking for this kid. I flagged them down and told them some kid was hiding in my car. I went back inside, not all that concerned, until the cops come running up to the car, screaming loudly with guns in-hand. We were like, "Oh crap, they're about to shoot someone in my car."

Fortunately, they arrested him and the cops asked me if I wanted to press charges for trespassing. Seeing how no one was hurt and nothing was damaged or stolen, I didn't press charges.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:35 AM   #36
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
o.k. you two.. (BRAIN AND AL) GET A ROOM !! Private Messaging, use it, that's what it's there for.. What makes you two think the rest of us what to read this mess

TGIF everyone.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:38 AM   #37
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
The other day after we were all talking about car accidents I saw like four of them on my way home and yesterday after we were talking about home invasions somebody knocked on my door at about 9:00.

It was my neighbors picking up their mail and newspapers, but for a second there I was kind of weirded out. The wife and I were cleaning up the kitchen so I did answer the door with a giant carving knife in my hand.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:39 AM   #38
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
Ok! Let's talk home invasions, everyone. What sort of precautions do you all take, if any, to better prepare your homes against an intruder (i.e. cameras, alarms, guns, evil-looking dog, etc.)?

Me, personally, I'm not necessarily against gun control, but I don't like guns myself. I do, however, keep a small arsenal of self-defense weapons. Other than that, it would be very hard for someone to break into our house without someone hearing.
Anime I would like to see you use that sword to block bullets Stop right there I have a sword
Old 05-11-2007, 09:40 AM   #39
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
The other day after we were all talking about car accidents I saw like four of them on my way home and yesterday after we were talking about home invasions somebody knocked on my door at about 9:00.

It was my neighbors picking up their mail and newspapers, but for a second there I was kind of weirded out. The wife and I were cleaning up the kitchen so I did answer the door with a giant carving knife in my hand.
Just because your paranoid does not mean they are not after you
Old 05-11-2007, 09:43 AM   #40
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 272 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit

And don't forget that handy 30lb. sword! I'm sure it could do some serious damage!

But seriously I hope my husband is home because he is way better with a firearm than I am!!! I probably couldn't shoot an elephant! If hubby isn't there I'd have to put up some sort of a fight. I do have a baseball bat under my bed! I can feel y'all laughing now! Guess I need a new plan! Maybe some bow and arrows?
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:46 AM   #41
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Anime I would like to see you use that sword to block bullets Stop right there I have a sword
Yeah, I hear that all the time, but there are 3 advantages that my swords have that a gun will never have: 1. I don't run out of bullets; 2. I don't necessarily need a clean kill zone. 3. I'm not near as likely to miss my target. My only disadvantage is I have to close the distance between myself and my target, which there isn't much of in my home. Any good swordsman knows that there are strategic ways of closing the distance without getting touched by a bullet.

In addition, I'm also a fair knife-thrower and I've got knives.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:50 AM   #42
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
And don't forget that handy 30lb. sword! I'm sure it could do some serious damage!
Actually, if I'm in my home or a narrow hallway, my 40lb sword is the worst possible choice. The means by which I can attack with it become limited. In these cases, a short sword, wakizashi, kodachi, or crocodile knife would be more suitable.

Although, if I think I may need to block some bullets, that 40lb monster has the widest blade by far and would probably save my life from a gun shot long before any of my other blades would.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:40 PM   #43
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 247 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
I would think havin a dog would be a good common sense measure...not so much for protection, though you could certainly find dogs that would fill the bill nicely, just ANY dog would raise enough of a racket if someone were forcin their way into your home. Of course, if the dog is big and menacin enough, that might make the intruder look for easier places to break into, or at least give ya the advantage and maybe buy ya some time.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:46 PM   #44
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
I would think havin a dog would be a good common sense measure...not so much for protection, though you could certainly find dogs that would fill the bill nicely, just ANY dog would raise enough of a racket if someone were forcin their way into your home. Of course, if the dog is big and menacin enough, that might make the intruder look for easier places to break into, or at least give ya the advantage and maybe buy ya some time.
That's a common misconception, but if you've ever seen It Takes a Thief, you'll notice those guys rob houses with dogs all the time. In fact, in one episode, they stole and dog too.