Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Culture & Community

Notices

Old 05-04-2007, 09:07 AM   #1
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Wake up America and get some brass horns

You may agree or disagree but this makes some very good points here. I am not trying to start a heated debate but just point out some things that the naive people of America need to take note of.
http://usawakeup.org/
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:25 AM   #2
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
Foot washing

Something came out yesterday about cabbies at some airport demanding the airport put in foot washing stations so they can prepare for morning prayer. How do you think this would fly if christians wanted a chapel or a prayer room? Wouldn't happen.
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:30 AM   #3
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Why would anyone oppose cabbies getting cleaner for any reason?
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:02 AM   #4
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
Muslims

This is a Muslim practice.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:18 AM   #5
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
So you don't want them to be cleaner because them doing so is a Muslim practice? That's some solid logic.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:26 AM   #6
Neo
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 228 Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of
I think all cabbies should be clean, just not at my expense of my tax dollars.

I don't think the catholics could get any saints installed either.
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:01 AM   #7
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I think all cabbies should be clean, just not at my expense of my tax dollars.

I don't think the catholics could get any saints installed either.
I agree. I'm sure the airport doesn't care what religion I am, so I'm not going to expect them to cater to my faith any more than they do anyone else.

I'm all for cabbies being clean, but they can get clean on their own time on their money like the rest of us. Take a bath at home!
Old 05-04-2007, 11:19 AM   #8
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Why not get rid of the bathroom altogether? If you need to take a dump do it before you leave the house!

If I insist my religion requires a toilet would you be willing to have all public restrooms removed?

Are Christians not allowed to use these baths?
Old 05-04-2007, 11:21 AM   #9
purpahurl
Advanced Member

cabbies

This not about clean cabbies. It's about a Muslim prayer practice that we as taxpayers are paying for to accomodate them.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:27 AM   #10
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

So? Taxpayers pay for almost any religious practice. You know how much the land First Baptist sits on is worth? You know what they pay in property taxes? That would finance a few thousand foot baths.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:45 AM   #11
Neo
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 228 Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of
I agree joepole, certain religous group get and others do not... I don't think taxpayers should foot the bill on any of it. As a side note, if all the churches were taped for content... there would not be much, and I'm sure some would lose their tax exempt status due to politics....

Let them fleece their own flocks and not the taxpayers!@
Old 05-04-2007, 12:16 PM   #12
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
It is all about the money in churches. Many churches let politicians come in and give a "testimonial" Most black politicians are preachers just like Jessie Jackson and his Rainbow Push is nothing but a extortion ring. They say send your money to the Lord but they give you their address Now as far as these rag heads go I say it is time to get them out of our country yep out all of them. We can not seem to keep the bad ones out and there are large percent that are bad so they can all go home. I say put your heart in Dixie or get your ass out
Old 05-04-2007, 12:22 PM   #13
Neo
Advanced Member

They did that to the japanese and the germans... I think if you are a true American and a temporary sacrifice of certain rights will do more for the greater good and shorten a conflict.... go for it!
Old 05-04-2007, 01:16 PM   #14
sassy1

Rep Power: 0 sassy1 is a jewel in the rough sassy1 is a jewel in the rough sassy1 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
You may agree or disagree but this makes some very good points here. I am not trying to start a heated debate but just point out some things that the naive people of America need to take note of.
http://usawakeup.org/
C'mon...sure u r.
sassy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:41 PM   #15
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy1
C'mon...sure u r.
You best holster that pistol sister